Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 106 of 117 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1742
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    They have looked good early. Chicago is an interesting team. They really went all in this off season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Big point guards like Ball worry me with Kemba's size. It will be fun. Good night.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Ball is looking really good in Chicago. Super active

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Still think he shouldíve been their top target.

The Knicks still did well in free agency so itís not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post

Yea me too Ball is looking great at pg and not off ball

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post

100%

He was such an obvious fit. Iím still pretty confused why we werenít in on him. But itís all good

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    100%

He was such an obvious fit. Iím still pretty confused why we werenít in on him. But itís all good
    Maybe he didn't have interest in the Knicks and was simply using the Knicks to raise his contract value. He would have come but we would have to pay more to get his attention and the Knicks no longer want players they have to over pay for. Or maybe that's why they wanted Duarte, so they would not have retained Burks or Reggie and that contract money would have gone into a contract for both Evan and Ball ? Or maybe other reasons but if Kemba and Rose with Deuce and IQ work out how many more wins would Ball give us ? You can't get everyone your interested in. I enjoy our current team.

Watching all three Nets games this year, they don't look that good. Harden looks like a shell of his former self (no explosiveness, kind of look like he's playing 20%) and KD has to do everything in order for them to play well

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Watching all three Nets games this year, they don't look that good. Harden looks like a shell of his former self (no explosiveness, kind of look like he's playing 20%) and KD has to do everything in order for them to play well

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Have to wait atleast 20 games to get a real sense of what's really going on. Plus Kyrie can always come back.
    Last edited by flimflamman; 10-24-2021 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Maybe he didn't have interest in the Knicks and was simply using the Knicks to raise his contract value. He would have come but we would have to pay more to get his attention and the Knicks no longer want players they have to over pay for. Or maybe that's why they wanted Duarte, so they would not have retained Burks or Reggie and that contract money would have gone into a contract for both Evan and Ball ? Or maybe other reasons but if Kemba and Rose with Deuce and IQ work out how many more wins would Ball give us ? You can't get everyone your interested in. I enjoy our current team.
    I donít buy that. I think he would have been very happy coming here. I also donít think it was an overpay

I am overall happy with the offseason. But I wanted Ball. If you told me out off-season would have been Ball and Fourny, I would have signed up for that in a minute. Those were my 2 main targets, and I think that was doable, and realistic. I donít think the FO was interested in that price tag. And I donít think Ball needed to drive up the price, Chicago wanted him

But hopefully we are going to have a good, entertaining season.

Fournier is better than Ball, but I would have taken both. LaMelo is the real Ball we missed out on though, he's looking like Luka 2.0.

I donít buy that. I think he would have been very happy coming here. I also donít think it was an overpay

I am overall happy with the offseason. But I wanted Ball. If you told me out off-season would have been Ball and Fourny, I would have signed up for that in a minute. Those were my 2 main targets, and I think that was doable, and realistic. I donít think the FO was interested in that price tag. And I donít think Ball needed to drive up the price, Chicago wanted him

But hopefully we are going to have a good, entertaining season.
    For me Ball was a player that for me was a - Meh for us. He is a good player, he would have been a good or ck up but it's not a major disappointment for me we did not get him. I wish him very well and may he have great success.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Fournier is better than Ball, but I would have taken both. LaMelo is the real Ball we missed out on though, he's looking like Luka 2.0.
    Or we could have just drafted SGA instead of Knox or Mitchell instead of Frank. Those two acquisitions were in our direct control and would just have required a draft night decision. Yet, team looks good and we have picks at the very least to tweak our roster with. I trust our scouts and draft process now.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Lamelo is a superstar, sooner than later. Whatever the price tag was, we should have paid it

Lamelo is a superstar, sooner than later. Whatever the price tag was, we should have paid it
    We discussed this before. But a team drafted him for a reason and they were also aware he could be an superstar and may have just decided nothing the Knicks had to offer was good enough to risk that. Teams always do their " Due dillegence " and consider trading up and back but they took a shot with their pick and it worked out. For me it's that simple and it's over. But looking forward is more fun then looking back

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    We discussed this before. But a team drafted him for a reason and they were also aware he could be an superstar and may have just decided nothing the Knicks had to offer was good enough to risk that. Teams always do their " Due dillegence " and consider trading up and back but they took a shot with their pick and it worked out. For me it's that simple and it's over. But looking forward is more fun then looking back
    Thatís what you think. I believe he was available, but we didnít pay up. We will never know.

Thatís what you think. I believe he was available, but we didnít pay up. We will never know.
    I will never think about it again. No point. We can appraise and give our front offices a " F " for drafting Knox over SGA and others and not taking Mitchell over Frank. Then do a analysis to prevent further such errors. I think Leon Rose would have at least traded back if not just make better picks at 8 and 9 those respective years. We may have one or two first rounders next season and I think Leon Rose will trade the picks or make the right picks next year. It's good to have confidence in the scouting dept and decision makers for a change.