Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 90 of 100 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1488
    Julius Randle Q&A: Knicks All-Star on title talk, RJ Barrett's growth, and 'brolic' Mitchell Robinson
    In a wide-ranging interview with SNY, Randle says that for Tom Thibodeau and himself it's 'win at all costs'

Ian Begley
    NBA Insider

Julius Randle is back in New York, scrimmaging with his Knicks teammates ahead of training camp. The scrimmages are intense, he said. These arenít the casual open-court runs that you often see on social media.

ďItís guys just going after each other, competing,Ē Randle told SNY.

ďThatís our thing,Ē Randle added. ďWe want to compete at the highest level.Ē

During a promotional tour for his partnership with Mobil 1, Randle spoke to SNY about title aspirations in New York, how the Knicksí loss to Atlanta in the playoffs served as motivation, and why a "brolic" Mitchell Robinson will be a big piece for the team this year.

Below is an edited version of the Q&A with Randle:

Last year before training camp, not many expected the Knicks to make the playoffs. After making the postseason, making the All-Star team, and getting second-team All-NBA, does anything feel different about approaching this season?
    RANDLE: My process, honestly, it stays the same. I try to keep the main focus, the main focus. And that's, (taking) everything day by day. Whether it's a workout, whether it's a film, whatever it is, I just try to give everything that I can when Iím doing what Iím doing. And I kind of let the chips fall where they may. I trust the work and the process of everything that I've done. And I have faith and belief that that's going to pay off. I know what I sacrifice, I know what I do to prepare. And regardless of success or failure, I try not to change. I don't know what the expectation is (for our team). I canít even tell you what to expect from me. I just know that I'm just gonna keep improving, getting better as a player. Thatís just where I stand with it.

Youíre here for at least the next five years now that youíve signed an extension. Do you allow yourself to think Ė or dream Ė about what might come over that time span since youíve talked openly about wanting to win a title in New York? Have you allowed yourself to think about how things might progress?
    RANDLE: Obviously, it's a process. Everything is a process. Weíve been building this from the ground up. But for me, personally, that is the expectation (winning a title in New York). Thatís what I want to happen within that time frame. Thereís a lot of things, factors that go into that. So obviously youíve got to weigh that stuff in.

But as far as myself, I know Thibs (Knicks head coach Tom Thibodeau) is thinking (it as well), itís just win at all costs. For me personally, that's just how I prepare myself. I prepare myself to compete at the highest level of our game. Like I said, thereís a lot of factors (that go into winning an NBA title). But I trust Leon (Knicks president Leon Rose), I trust Thibs, Wes (Knicks vice president William Wesley), our coaches, Scott (Knicks GM Scott Perry) Ė all these guys, I trust. That was part of my process in thinking of signing the extension and thatís my goal, thatís our goal as a team and the guys that are around us. We want to be able to say that we won a championship here in New York. I donít think thereís any better feeling than that.
    Someone else who should be here for the next five years is RJ Barrett. What can you tell us about RJ as a player and teammate?
    RANDLE: RJís going to be a really good player. What is he, 21? I donít know how old he is. Heís young as hell (laughs). Heís a really good player, and I can relate as far as what heís done, and what Iíve seen from him so far in this offseason is he just keeps improving. Thatís really what itís about.

You can tell the guys who really love the game and really dedicate themselves to their craft and heís one of them. Heís going to keep improving. I think heís going to have another big year and make a jump. And Iím excited, not only for him as an individual but for what heís going to bring to our team. Because at the end of the day, thatís what itís about. Our team success. And heís going to look great because of that.

Whatís the spirit like in the gym during these scrimmages before training camp?
    RANDLE: Itís competitive, man, competitive. Thatís our thing. We want to compete at the highest level. Itís guys just going after each other, competing. Obviously, you see they got me in the eye (Randle points to a butterfly bandage over his left eye). It was just competitive. Guys are showing up to work every day excited to (compete), so itís fun.

How does Mitchell Robinson look?
    RANDLE: Mitch looks good, man. Mitch is brolic; heís big. You can tell that he took the weight room seriously. So Mitch looks good, and heís one of those pieces that people donít even really know that we had last year because he missed so much time. So heís going to be a huge factor for us coming into this year, for sure.

I know you guys donít really care about outside expectations, but no one outside of the organization last season thought you guys would win 41 games. What does the next step look like for this group heading into this season?
    RANDLE: Just improvement, man. We established the culture that we wanted and established who we were as a team. We have to continue to get better as individuals and that will translate to us as a team. The expectation, I can't really tell you yet. We havenít even had our first practice, so I canít really tell you. But I can tell you who we are as a team, and what we stand for, and whatís expected of each individual. Thatís to work your *** off every day and to play defense.

Obviously Thibs is going to make sure that weíre going to play defense. There's certain things as a team (that we know about) who we are and what we need to do night in, night out to give ourselves the best possible chance to win. We know what those things are. Everything else, weíve just got to keep improving on and getting better.

Did you guys see the video clip of Trae Young at the Garden with WWE? Do you care about that stuff?
    RANDLE: Yeah I see it. But honestly, I don't care. Obviously, thatís (for) entertainment purposes and all that (stuff), so I let people enjoy it. For me, honestly, I donít care. I honestly didnít even watch it. Knicks fans, theyíre going to make a big deal out of it Ė they didnít like it (laughs). But itís all fun and games and hopefully they enjoyed it.

Recently, the NBA told teams that the Knicks and Nets will have to follow local ordinances and be vaccinated to play in home games. As a leader of the Knicks, do you talk to teammates about this? Do you think players missing games will be an issue?
    RANDLE: I'm not sure if there's going to be an issue or not. I haven't thought about it. Everybody has their own preferences on what they should do or not, or whatís safe or not. And I get it, I understand it. I get both sides. Hopefully thereís a way that it wonít cause any issue and thereís a way that, if youíre a Knick fan, you can come to games and safely watch games. I think the biggest thing is just the safety. Whether you're vaccinated or not, just taking all precautions to make sure whatever you're doing, you're doing it as safe as possible and not putting yourself at risk or other people around you at risk.

I donít know how itís going to go because we havenít gone through it yet. But regardless, we'll see, and hopefully it's not too bad, and itís a smooth transition. And us as players, we can play and enjoy the game we love, and Knicks fans can enjoy watching us.

ha, slap in the face to Knicks,
    Thibs, Rose and Taj will all be there, interesting marketing

K.C. Johnson
    @KCJHoop
    ∑ Sep 17
    Bulls announce that tickets go on sale at 10 am today.

In addition, they announce that Joakim Noah Night, presented by @NBCSChicago, is Oct. 28 vs. the Knicks.

Toni Kukoc's Hall of Fame induction will be celebrated at an Oct. 30 game vs. the Jazz.

Knicks forward Kevin Knox is about to enter the most important season of his NBA career, observes David Vertsberger of Yahoo Sports. Knox is now the longest-tenured player on New Yorkís roster, but unless he finds a way to become a contributor, this could be his last season with the team.
    Luca Vildoza returned to the Knicks this week to let team doctors examine his injured right foot before the start of training camp, per Alder Almo of Empire Sports Media. The injury limited Vildoza to two games during Summer League, and he was prescribed rest and treatment rather than surgery. He also played for Argentina during the Summer Olympics.

A few things to note:

1. Ben Simmons is not reporting. His agent said, he is done in Philly. Morey, Portland area code is (503) where an unhappy veteran by the name of Damian Lillard wants to go to a contender.

Knicks got nothing to worry about. RJ Barrett who has successfully fetishized the Canadian Tuxedo, can lock down Lillard en route to a title appearance.

2. Jason Kidd has helped take players to that next level. Giannis & Middleton have thanks Kidd for letting their game come to them. Not trying to make them fit a system. The Mavs are going to be fine in Kiddís hands.

3. Brooklyn Nets have veterans rotating months off. Who gets the first month off? I say, Kyrie Irving.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    A few things to note:

1. Ben Simmons is not reporting. His agent said, he is done in Philly. Morey, Portland area code is (503) where an unhappy veteran by the name of Damian Lillard wants to go to a contender.

Knicks got nothing to worry about. RJ Barrett who has successfully fetishized the Canadian Tuxedo, can lock down Lillard en route to a title appearance.

2. Jason Kidd has helped take players to that next level. Giannis & Middleton have thanks Kidd for letting their game come to them. Not trying to make them fit a system. The Mavs are going to be fine in Kiddís hands.

3. Brooklyn Nets have veterans rotating months off. Who gets the first month off? I say, Kyrie Irving.
    Simmons is not a fit for Portland, you want CJ blanketed all game long? Teams will dare him to shoot there is no dominating big on that roster like Philly has. That would not be a good take for Portland and one hell of a take back for Philly, and besides no way Lillard leaves till at least Dec 15th to see where this team is headed, he loves it there and won't bail early.
    And at some point Simmons will show up he is not giving up all that money on principal, he can play and show his worth while they work out trade scenario's but most people know after Dec 15th you can get the most back in value when players become available to be traded.

also Giannis' game took off after Kidd, Giannis was already a freak of nature, his 139-152 record may be a reason he's not there, you think?

Frank has a home in Dallas. he is signed for 2 years. The first year is guaranteed at 1.8 million and a second year is a team option at 2.8. I am assuming this means he will be with the club for the season.

https://new.in-24.com/sport/basketball/194687.html

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Frank has a home in Dallas. he is signed for 2 years. The first year is guaranteed at 1.8 million and a second year is a team option at 2.8. I am assuming this means he will be with the club for the season.

https://new.in-24.com/sport/basketball/194687.html
    Okay guess no one on a min contract gets cut or bought out? Also as of Dec 15th he can be traded, maybe Dallas could have better luck.

I'd assume he'd be around for the one year as well and 2nd year they have till 7-14-22 till that becomes guaranteed if still on the roster, so Knick and Dallas fans lol will know pretty quickly after the season.

You think he gets steady minutes with that roster? I think he is a good insurance policy as well for rest nights and injuries.

I'll repeat this only Frank can determine his fate, wish him all the luck but not at the Knicks expense, just like i do for Timmy, and Trey.

I just find it extremely ironic he is once again battling with Trey and this time for situational minutes, no way with Brunson's contract up and how he played he won't get those backup PG minutes as well as share time with Luca in the back court.

Actually I don't see anything has changed for Frank going into camp.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Okay guess no one on a min contract gets cut or bought out? Also as of Dec 15th he can be traded, maybe Dallas could have better luck.

I'd assume he'd be around for the one year as well and 2nd year they have till 7-14-22 till that becomes guaranteed if still on the roster, so Knick and Dallas fans lol will know pretty quickly after the season.

You think he gets steady minutes with that roster? I think he is a good insurance policy as well for rest nights and injuries.

I'll repeat this only Frank can determine his fate, wish him all the luck but not at the Knicks expense, just like i do for Timmy, and Trey.

I just find it extremely ironic he is once again battling with Trey and this time for situational minutes, no way with Brunson's contract up and how he played he won't get those backup PG minutes as well as share time with Luca in the back court.

Actually I don't see anything has changed for Frank going into camp.
    I think he could play. I donít think he will be a ball handler though. I think Luka, THJ, Brunson, Reggie, and Finney-Smith all definitely play. That leaves Frank to fight it out with Burks, Streeling Brown, and Josh Green. I think he has a shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

What would you have all thought if Carmelo had signed with us this off-season ?

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    What would you have all thought if Carmelo had signed with us this off-season ?
    Wouldnít have thought very highly of it..

I think he did the right thing. Let him go chase a ring. We donít need to hope he still acts like a role player when there is no star above him here.

Carmelo Anthony is living his best as Lebron James' back up.

With Rondo, Ariza, Dwight Howard, and DeAndre Jordan...this team obviously has the title in the bank.

No one on this team will get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Carmelo Anthony is living his best as Lebron James' back up.

With Rondo, Ariza, Dwight Howard, and DeAndre Jordan...this team obviously has the title in the bank.

No one on this team will get hurt.
    Bofl they are a 4th seed at best this reminds me of when they got d12 and nash

I'm happy for Frank Ntilikina but I don't think he's going to move the needle much unless Jason Kidd performs a miracle on the young man. What I'll be interested in seeing if the Mavs make a play for Goran Dragic. Goran is a perfect fit alongside Luka Doncic. Then you'll see the ball movement in Kidd's system that is promised.

As far the West is concerned, everyone has question marks and the Mavs are no exception.

Just read a few random articles. Already talking about Zion and the Pels relationship being broken beyond repair. Time to cash in those chips!

Page 90 of 100 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast