Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 117 1231151101 ... LastLast

Around the NBA 2020-21 Discussion

Finally the NBA Playoffs are upon us. Since the NBA frowns upon hard fouls, we'll resort to dance combat the night away.

Miami Heat at the Milwaukee Bucks: Moment of truth. The two way guard, Jrue Holliday got his coin. Now his first test will be the defending Eastern Conference Champion, Miami Heat. If the Bucks play to their potential, this is a 5 game series.

Dallas Mavericks at the Los Angeles Clippers: Ancient Klingon Proverb, revenge is a dish best served cold. Last year, the Mavs actually had an edge in the series till KP injured his other knee. Now, KP looked good coming back from a twisted ankle. Can Porzingis and Doncic put aside their differences and take care of an aging Clipper team? Dunno. Wisdom would say Clippers in six.

Boston Celtics at the Brooklyn Nets: When healthy Jayson Tatum is a monster. The Nets have too many weapons and depth to go down this early. Nets in five.

Portland Trailblazers at Denver Nuggets: This could be the most iffy series in Vegas. Still I think Nuggets will make it through in seven.

If Dallas beats the clips, does Kwahi leave?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by callmeDro View Post
    If Dallas beats the clips, does Kwahi leave?

Not if LA can improve. Now can Dallas play Defense all series or is LA this bad offensively ?

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Not if LA can improve. Now can Dallas play Defense all series or is LA this bad offensively ?
    Dallas was playing defense but not lockdown defense. Kwahi and George just don't seem to mesh very well. They seemed to wilt under Luca's pressure. Can't do that in the playoffs.

Clips scored 5 points in the last 6 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by callmeDro View Post
    Clips scored 5 points in the last 6 minutes.

The Clips vs Dallas and Heat vs Bucks were both bad games. They were close throughout and the latter game went into OT, but they were bad games. Both games filled with dumb mistakes and the Bucks couldn't hit foul shots. Knicks I think play better then those four teams despite our limited talent.

Thinking back to that talk about some saying Lillard wouldn’t be worth the price to get him..

That’s crazy talk. Dude is a killer. Shots from 38 feet, off the dribble, barely hitting the net.

I like this kid Simons. Every time I see him play, he’s hitting shots. A gunner
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 05-23-2021 at 12:28 AM.

Robert Williams - 9 Blocks against the Nyets
    Holy hell - 9 blocks.

Mavs/Clips was an interesting game. To be honest, neither team looked great at all. Sloppy, missing gift shots, & defense was “suggestive.”

However I cracked up laughing, Porzingis scored 7 pts in the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter to help put Dallas ahead for good.

Very curious to see how the Clippers respond. They gotta be shell shocked. Paul George started the game 1 for 8 while Kawhi Leonard was handling just about every thing.

Be curious to see if Kawhi wants out because he was pissed last season and went to management.

In regards to Damian Lillard. I would love to have Damian Lillard on the Knicks but not that contract which goes upwards of nearly $50M in the final year with 3 yrs remaining.

What do the Knicks give up? Portland won’t give him away for free. They’re owned by one of the co-founders of Microsoft.

Here’s the question: Does Lillard, Randle, & RJ enough to beat Harden, Irving, & Durant in the East and whoever comes out of the West next year after teams re-tool.

Also if Lillard gets hurt, that’s Allan Houston all over again.

Side note: Fournier, one of Scott Perry’s picks in Orlando, was pathetic in the Playoffs as a Celtic surrounded by actual talent. Glad the Knicks didn’t try to trade for him.

After the Post-season gonna put together the all-Perry team over the course of his tenure as an executive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    In regards to Damian Lillard. I would love to have Damian Lillard on the Knicks but not that contract which goes upwards of nearly $50M in the final year with 3 yrs remaining.

What do the Knicks give up? Portland won’t give him away for free. They’re owned by one of the co-founders of Microsoft.

Here’s the question: Does Lillard, Randle, & RJ enough to beat Harden, Irving, & Durant in the East and whoever comes out of the West next year after teams re-tool.

Also if Lillard gets hurt, that’s Allan Houston all over again.
    Definitely not trading for dame would be Melo 2.0 unless kawhi came here first

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Except we have more on the roster already, than what you’re referring to.

And you can’t pick and choose when you get a guy like that. You make the move

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Agreed. Kawhi also can be negotiated. Dame's contract is guaranteed.

This is Portland Trailblazer's estimated payroll for the years to come: https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/POR.html

Check it. Damian Lillard is owed/guaranteed: $43M, $47M, $50M, and $54M in the next 4 seasons to come.

How easily people forget Knick history.

Scott Layden re-signed Allan Houston to a big contract, Houston's career prematurely ended on a freak accident. The Knicks were paying for it, well into the Isiah Thomas era.

Isiah Thomas traded away future picks for aging veteran stars like Steve Francis...

That bled into Donnie Walsh who also sacrificed picks, supporting cast for Melo....

And those picks given up bled into the Phil Jackson era...

Damian Lillard is a megastar in a small town but he's a major cost and risk...Think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Agreed. Kawhi also can be negotiated. Dame's contract is guaranteed.

This is Portland Trailblazer's estimated payroll for the years to come: https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/POR.html

Check it. Damian Lillard is owed/guaranteed: $43M, $47M, $50M, and $54M in the next 4 seasons to come.

How easily people forget Knick history.

Scott Layden re-signed Allan Houston to a big contract, Houston's career prematurely ended on a freak accident. The Knicks were paying for it, well into the Isiah Thomas era.

Isiah Thomas traded away future picks for aging veteran stars like Steve Francis...

That bled into Donnie Walsh who also sacrificed picks, supporting cast for Melo....

And those picks given up bled into the Phil Jackson era...

Damian Lillard is a megastar in a small town but he's a major cost and risk...Think about it.
    We are comparing Allan Houston, and Steve Francis, to Lillard?

Come on, that’s ridiculous, even for you

I guess by the logic of “he could get hurt, so we shouldn’t get him” might as well never sign anyone over vet minimum again. Kawhi is always banged up, and is the poster child for load managment. We definitely shouldn’t get him, right?
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 05-23-2021 at 08:20 AM.

Page 1 of 117 1231151101 ... LastLast