Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who wins this series?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Clippers in 4

1 16.67%
  • Clippers in 5

0 0%
  • Clippers in 6

0 0%
  • Clippers in 7

0 0%
  • Mavs in 4

0 0%
  • Mavs in 5

1 16.67%
  • Mavs in 6

3 50.00%
  • Mavs in 7

1 16.67%
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by callmeDro View Post
    Sarcasm not your thing, huh?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Sarcasm not your thing huh

So, before the playoffs started I picked Clippers in 5. I started a thread about the playoffs and made the pick because the Clippers were far and away the best 3 point shooting team in the league this season, and I thought they'd run the Mavs out of the building. Doncic would put up huge numbers, but they would be meaningless because his team wasn't nearly as good as the Clippers.

That was my thinking before the series started. After watching the first two games I came into this thread and voted Mavs in 6. I actually thought the Clippers still had a chance after falling down 0-2, but then I heard Paul George say there was nothing to be concerned about. I immediately thought they would 100% fold and lose the series after that. That turned out to be wrong as well as they've won three of four to tie the series 3-3. The series is going back to LA, where the Clippers have lost their last six home playoff games, to decide the series and I'm once again changing my pick in this series, or rather going back to my original pick. I'm picking the Clippers in Game 7 at home.

I know it would be just like the Clippers to force a Game 7 with a tough road win only to follow it up with a loss at home in Game 7, but I think Kawhi will be better than Luka and carry them to victory. I think it's undeniable that the Clippers intentionally dropped to #4 in the standings, and I think they did so for two reasons. Number one was I think they felt Dallas was an easier 1st round series than Portland, and number two they wanted to avoid the Lakers for as long as possible. I think they absolutely underestimated Dallas and were embarrassingly unprepared to go up against Luka Doncic, and their lack of preparedness quickly put them in an 0-2 hole. They have since fought back and won three of four to get the series to this do-or-die Game 7. They've also looked like the better team in this series from Game 3 on. The way they played in the first two games was so uninspired and lazy that if they lose this series it's because of how they performed then. I'm picking the Clippers (again) because they are the better team, but I'd laugh my *** off if Luka clowns them again on their home floor.

Kawhi can take over but his value is still far lower than guys like Doncic/LeBron/Lillard/Giannis that qb the team and facilitate/playmake. Guys that energize the team vocally.

Kawhi can only lead by example. He's missing something extra still, and he shouldn't be compared to guys that can.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Kawhi can take over but his value is still far lower than guys like Doncic/LeBron/Lillard/Giannis that qb the team and facilitate/playmake. Guys that energize the team vocally.

Kawhi can only lead by example. He's missing something extra still, and he shouldn't be compared to guys that can.

He has a lovely voice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post

This. People were ready to crown him as the next Lebron when he won that chip with the Raptors. He is below the superstars in the sport imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He has a lovely voice

He should use it more lmao!

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He has a lovely voice

I'm hoping for a close game 7 with both Luka and Kawhi having a big game

Series isnít over yet. Every road team has won in this series. Letís hope that trend continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    I'm hoping for a close game 7 with both Luka and Kawhi having a big game
    We need this. The playoffs have been pretty boring otherwise.

Last year in the bubble the Raptors vs Celtics series had 7/7 "away" wins. Would be crazy to have this happen in back-to-back playoffs.

Clippers are the only team in the West I would make decent fave over the Suns.

Quote Originally Posted by Bongashow View Post
    Last year in the bubble the Raptors vs Celtics series had 7/7 "away" wins. Would be crazy to have this happen in back-to-back playoffs.

Clippers are the only team in the West I would make decent fave over the Suns.
    Jazz might b able to clamp em, especially given CP3's shoulder injury. Only thing is, idk if the Jazz can even make it to the WCF, heck even the Suns getting there is uncertain.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Series isnít over yet. Every road team has won in this series. Letís hope that trend continues.

I am really hoping so. #1 cause I think the playoffs would be more fun if the clippers got eliminated and #2 I think the mavs are a much better matchup for the Jazz.

Looking forward to tri-screening this, US Womens Open, and The Memorial.

Mystery injury for Hardaway. Didn't look like anything happened.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast