Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Nets' place in New York City

I was listening to Dave Jacoby in a podcast talking about how nobody in New York City cares about the Nets. All the Knicks had to do is be above .500 and make the playoffs to take most of the attetntion. He talked about how popular Julius Randle jerseys are becoming.
    How does the Knicks-Nets dynamic compare to the Lakers-Clippers in Los Angeles? How popular in New York is Randle compared to Irving, Durant or Harden? Can the Nets become more popular than the Knicks?

Probably impossible

Knicks forever

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

It will always be the Knicks city thereís nothing they can do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They got KD, Harden, and Kyrie and still have to sell discount playoff tickets.

There place in New York is a borough called Brooklyn lol.. all jokes aside, the Knicks are NewYork, likely the entire state is behind them. Brooklyn counts for one borough. Can you imagine someone from Queens Bridge cheering for the Nets? No it would be preposterous

I think it'll be irrelevant if the Nets hoist the Larry O'Brien.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I think it'll be irrelevant if the Nets hoist the Larry O'Brien.
    The Fans in Brooklyn would be thrilled, maybe you'd see cheers in Manhattan... But I dont think any one in Queens, or Statan Island, or the Bronx would care at all.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    The Fans in Brooklyn would be thrilled, maybe you'd see cheers in Manhattan... But I dont think any one in Queens, or Statan Island, or the Bronx would care at all.
    I'd say a good chunk of NJ would be cheering too, despite the team bailing on them.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Most of Brooklyn is Knicks fans. They had to take 50% off ticket prices to just sell out a limited capacity playoff game and thatís with 3 superstars and title hopes. Things really havenít changed much from the Jersey years the nets just arenít a draw.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    I was listening to Dave Jacoby in a podcast talking about how nobody in New York City cares about the Nets. All the Knicks had to do is be above .500 and make the playoffs to take most of the attetntion. He talked about how popular Julius Randle jerseys are becoming.
    How does the Knicks-Nets dynamic compare to the Lakers-Clippers in Los Angeles? How popular in New York is Randle compared to Irving, Durant or Harden? Can the Nets become more popular than the Knicks?
    Why any fan would buy Randle jerseys is beyond me but they be burning them after losing in the 1st round cause of him.

Randle more popular then the big 3 on the Nets? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by cattusmaru View Post
    Why any fan would buy Randle jerseys is beyond me but they be burning them after losing in the 1st round cause of him.

In the city he definitely is. King Julius will Bounce back (I hope).

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    In the city he definitely is. King Julius will Bounce back (I hope).

You're right he is King Julius as you can see here...

https://youtu.be/RDe6W5NArtQ

Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    I'd say a good chunk of NJ would be cheering too, despite the team bailing on them.
    yeah that would make sense. They still have that attachment to the team for sure.

The Knicks are a very young and inexperienced team. The fact that they did so well this year is reason enough for optimism because it indicates the future is bright. Even if they lose in the first round, they have so much to build off of from this one season. Its not like losing this year makes them a bust. They are just starting with this core and gaining that experience that every young team needs. the Knicks are set up pretty nicely for the next 4-5 years and they have alot to look forward too.

The Nets on the other hand assembled a team full of veteran superstars and the expectation is that they win this year or next. There's a huge difference in where these teams are, the Nets are built to win now, while the Knicks did a thorough rebuild and are just getting this era of Knicks basketball started.

You're right he is King Julius as you can see here...

https://youtu.be/RDe6W5NArtQ
    That video by a teenager from the offseason before his game evolved is an excellent point

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast