Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

All I can say is

we need to stop the hate. I realize I have been responsible for some of the agitation, but we are all Americans and we are all in this together. We have some huge challenges given the globalization of the economies. If we keep fighting each other we are doomed to lose. Not what Americans are all about. We may be warmongers and so forth, but we are not losers.

We have some serious challenges ahead of us. It would be nice if we got our heads out of our butts and united. You know the old saying: "United we stand. Divided we fall." At this rate we will not even last half as long as Rome.

Cant when one party whole agenda is hate others.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    It's even worse when you realize that statement can accurately describe either party.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue6 View Post
    we need to stop the hate. I realize I have been responsible for some of the agitation, but we are all Americans and we are all in this together. We have some huge challenges given the globalization of the economies. If we keep fighting each other we are doomed to lose. Not what Americans are all about. We may be warmongers and so forth, but we are not losers.
    This board has A LOT of filthy Canadians on it, this comment is not true.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue6 View Post
    We have some serious challenges ahead of us. It would be nice if we got our heads out of our butts and united. You know the old saying: "United we stand. Divided we fall." At this rate we will not even last half as long as Rome.
    We don't have the leadership in politic to do that. Every wonder what cause the downfall of empires? Internal problems that we are having now.

We are quick to bash someone for not saying "Merry Christmas" or fighting over Dr. Suess, but we readily allow big business to be corrupt and bilk the american public. We will are quick to demonize the poor, gays and the 'other" but cheer corrupt politicians who piss on the constitution. We preach how great we are while having one the highest infant mortality in the western world. We are willing to let people die because they don't have the money to paid for medical treatment, while evidence shows we are being screwed by big Pharma.

I just don't see the turn- around here, just a straight bee line to the bottom in a hand basket. Our priorities are all screwed up
    Last edited by WES445; 05-19-2021 at 09:48 AM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Canada is part of America, just not part of the United States of America.

I'd say both parties spend a lot of time actively opposing each other. Right now one party has most of the power so the other party doesn't really have the power to do new things so it's not to surprising that they are spending all their energy in opposition.

Now if by "hate others" you mean racism I think that's a bit reductive.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    We don't have the leadership in politic to do that. Every wonder what cause the downfall of empires? Internal problems that we are having now.

We are quit to bash someone for not saying "Merry Christmas" or fighting over Dr. Suess, but we readily allow big business to be corrupt and bilk the american public. We will are quick to demonize the poor, gays and the 'other" but cheer corrupt politicians who piss on the constitution. We preach how great we are while having one the highest infant mortality in the western world. We are willing to let people die because they don't have the money to paid for medical treatment, while evidence shows we are being screwed by big Pharma.

I just don't a ray of sunlight in this bs.

We have no empathy for each other when congressional members can't even vote for a weak arse bill fighting anti-asian activities. We have people in Washington wanting to attack Iran, but could give two f' if people in Flint Mich. are drinking lead laced water that is give them because their officials were to cheap to provide a better source.
    Politicians and media have always known fear sells, but we've gotten so entrenched that there isn't really anything else. The only progress we get is an accident as a result of one team trying to "win" over the other not for any actual desire to help people it seems.

Both parties and their consumers hold the other team in contempt, and there is no possibility of bipartisan progress when starting from contempt.

Here is a perfect example of the contempt you are speaking of:
    https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1394766979450425360
    If a white person would limit interviews to white people, you would call it racist.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    wow, really? Do you unhinged much?
    Last edited by WES445; 05-19-2021 at 09:53 AM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Politicians and media have always known fear sells, but we've gotten so entrenched that there isn't really anything else. The only progress we get is an accident as a result of one team trying to "win" over the other not for any actual desire to help people it seems.

Both parties and their consumers hold the other team in contempt, and there is no possibility of bipartisan progress when starting from contempt.
    Easy to diagnose, hard to cure, because the desire to fix it isn't there.

Will Rogers

hate from the left shouldn't be ignored.

hate and intolerance for anyone that simply supported Trump as President, randomly harassing and physically attacking people in MAGA hats or with Trump signs.

but of course you didn't mean that and would rather ignore this.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    hate from the left shouldn't be ignored.

hate and intolerance for anyone that simply supported Trump as President, randomly harassing and physically attacking people in MAGA hats or with Trump signs.

but of course you didn't mean that and would rather ignore this.
    I agree. Tolerance, care, deprogramming, and in some cases, rubber rooms.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast