Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    What about Paul George? Barnes/George would be good D on the wing.
    It will be interesting to see what the Clippers do if they lose in the first round.

What about Paul George? Barnes/George would be good D on the wing.
    Ive heard that on the talk shows. PG would be a good fit. He is a little on the old side, but he probably still has a few years left in him. Only question- would he want to play here? As far as I remember, he and kawhi planned on teaming up in LA. So I doubt wed be in his plans. Last thing you want is to trade for a disgruntled player and kill morale.

Let's get Ben Simmons.

PF plus 3rd playmaker on the court.

The radio hosts have been talking about that option. But he has a pretty big contract, doesnt he? So what would you be willing to trade for a player who cant hit free throws even though hes one of the key players on your roster.

And its funny with his skill set, youd actually think that embid is the best player for him to play with. Not sure wed be a better situation for him to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    The radio hosts have been talking about that option. But he has a pretty big contract, doesnt he? So what would you be willing to trade for a player who cant hit free throws even though hes one of the key players on your roster.

And its funny with his skill set, youd actually think that embid is the best player for him to play with. Not sure wed be a better situation for him to succeed.
    I'd trade Buddy + Bagley + 1 or 2 picks.

That seems a bit high for my taste. I think buddy and a pick would be as far as Id go. Even then, I think there should be a better player available for us. With his shooting issues, hes gonna be a tough sell to any team. Every team sees what we see, ben is a liability on offense late in the game and in the playoffs.

James Ham said Kings are shopping #9 pick "hard"

Id do Buddy, Bagley, #9 for sure. Id be willing to throw in a second rounder, but I wouldnt add a future first.

I was just curious I looked at Ben Simmons contract and the current season which is almost over Ben Simmons contract is about 6 million more than Buddy Hield has 3 years left and Ben Simmons 4. The problem is that Ben Simmons contract gets larger every season by 2.5 million while Buddy Hields contract drops about 2 million every year. By 2023 Ben Simmons contract is 20 million dollars in that season alone more than Buddy Hield.

When I talk to people and this has been for years I always say I think the Bucks and Sixers won't win championships because Simmons and Giannis game is not tailored to the NBA. Their weaknesses are too easily exploited in a 7 game series. However that may change this season because of the lack of opponents for the Bucks. If 1 of either Harden or Irving was healthy the Nets win that series.

I think Simmons could get us over the hump and make the playoffs, but we will almost surely be hampered by his lack of perimeter play in the playoffs and be very limited how far we could make it in the playoffs. Add in at the cost of getting Simmons will in 2 years cost us another starting quality player.

I think this is the case of the shiny red ball that we would be better off not getting. I think we would be a better team next year with Simmons but our ceiling will be capped and we will degress over the next few seasons because of Simmons weaknesses and salary.
    Last edited by Plague; 06-26-2021 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I was just curious I looked at Ben Simmons contract and the current season which is almost over Ben Simmons contract is about 6 million more than Buddy Hield has 3 years left and Ben Simmons 4. The problem is that Ben Simmons contract gets larger every season by 2.5 million while Buddy Hields contract drops about 2 million every year. By 2023 Ben Simmons contract is 20 million dollars in that season alone more than Buddy Hield.

When I talk to people and this has been for years I always say I think the Bucks and Sixers won't win championships because Simmons and Giannis game is not tailored to the NBA. Their weaknesses are too easily exploited in a 7 game series. However that may change this season because of the lack of opponents for the Bucks. If 1 of either Harden or Irving was healthy the Nets win that series.

I think Simmons could get us over the hump and make the playoffs, but we will almost surely be hampered by his lack of perimeter play in the playoffs and be very limited how far we could make it in the playoffs. Add in at the cost of getting Simmons will in 2 years cost us another starting quality player.

I think this is the case of the shiny red ball that we would be better off not getting. I think we would be a better team next year with Simmons but our ceiling will be capped and we will degress over the next few seasons because of Simmons weaknesses and salary.
    I definitely see what youre saying, but Im still on board with Simmons. Maybe Im being a pessimist, but, other than really nailing the draft in the late lottery, I dont see a better option coming our way anytime soon. We would be getting rid of our two worst defenders and adding an all-world defender. That alone makes us better. I also think Simmons was miscast as a PG. Playing him at PF and having him as a 4th/5th option on offense will cover a lot of his offensive shortcomings.

Not sure about Simmons. Not if we have to trade that much. I feel like theyd be happy to unload just for the opportunity to add a better FA going forward.

Plus, isnt jalen johnson a very similar player. Has more potential to grow, while Simmons growth as a shooter hasnt impressed so far.

I just feel like there should be a better deal out there. But if not, guess Simmons is ok.

Not sure about Simmons. Not if we have to trade that much. I feel like theyd be happy to unload just for the opportunity to add a better FA going forward.

Plus, isnt jalen johnson a very similar player. Has more potential to grow, while Simmons growth as a shooter hasnt impressed so far.

I just feel like there should be a better deal out there. But if not, guess Simmons is ok.
    My gut feeling is that if we want to take a big swing, unless we move Fox or Hali, were going to have to go after a flawed player like Simmons or Porzingis.

Defensively, I also love the Fox, Hali, Barnes, Simmons, Holmes lineup. That lineup is really versatile with the ability to switch on picks.
    Last edited by Agent008; 06-27-2021 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent008 View Post
    My gut feeling is that if we want to take a big swing, unless we move Fox or Hali, were going to have to go after a flawed player like Simmons or Porzingis.

Defensively, I also love the Fox, Hali, Barnes, Simmons, Holmes lineup. That lineup is really versatile with the ability to switch on picks.
    That lineup does look decent. But I think Id lean to porzingis over Simmons.

Were a bad defensive team. But unless these stats Im looking at are wrong, we were right at average in steals and blocks. 15th and 16th. So we should have been a solid defensive team right?

What we were is the worst rebounding team. Dead last in that category. We need size. I feel like Simmons is better at SF than PF. So getting Simmons would be ok. But wed definitely need a big man. Or get bagley to finally produce.
    Last edited by FarOutIos; 06-28-2021 at 12:23 AM.

That lineup does look decent. But I think Id lean to porzingis over Simmons.

Were a bad defensive team. But unless these stats Im looking at are wrong, we were right at average in steals and blocks. 15th and 16th. So we should have been a solid defensive team right?

What we were is the worst rebounding team. Dead last in that category. We need size. I feel like Simmons is better at SF than PF. So getting Simmons would be ok. But wed definitely need a big man. Or get bagley to finally produce.
    Simmons will help us in rebounding because he'd force more misses leading to more rebounds.

Kings were dead last in fg% allowed and effective fg% allowed.

I would take Simmons over Porzingis only because Porzingis seems like a broken player. He is always hurt and when I watched Porzingis in the playoffs he didn't look that good to me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast