Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 103 1231151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1545
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    53,456

    2021-2022 Chicago Bulls OFFSEASON THREAD


  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    11,050
    Is Richaun Holmes versatile enough on defense where we could pair him and Vuc? Or would we get torched on the perimeter with him and Vuc together. Prior to trading for Vuc, I loved the idea of signing Holmes this summer. Offensively I think it could work with Vuc being so good from the perimeter and Holmes doing most of his work close to the basket.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    16,575
    Hard pass there at that point why not resign Theis least heís a good perimeter defender. I want this team smaller but guys like theis and Thad are the types you want if youíre going to be big.

    Bulls will likely have Vuc, Marko, and one of theis/Thad outside of signing vet min bigs putting their limited cap to more bigs would be pretty idiotic given their needs at wing and point guard
    Last edited by Rndy; 05-17-2021 at 10:27 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    11,050
    Quote Originally Posted by Rndy View Post
    Hard pass there at that point why not resign Theis least heís a good perimeter defender. I want this team smaller but guys like theis and Thad are the types you want if youíre going to be big.

    Bulls will likely have Vuc, Marko, and one of theis/Thad outside of signing vet min bigs putting their limited cap to more bigs would be pretty idiotic given their needs at wing and point guard
    Thatís why I asked if heís capable of defending 4ís on the perimeter. That pushes Pat to SF. We still need a PG in that scenario.

    My question is, what wings do you take in free agency? Who beyond Kawhi makes us a true contender? Or Derozan who makes us a playoff team. Who else is there at wing? This isnít a great free agent class. It does have options at PG.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    53,456

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,746
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Thatís why I asked if heís capable of defending 4ís on the perimeter. That pushes Pat to SF. We still need a PG in that scenario.

    My question is, what wings do you take in free agency? Who beyond Kawhi makes us a true contender? Or Derozan who makes us a playoff team. Who else is there at wing? This isnít a great free agent class. It does have options at PG.
    There is no one that will make us contenders but there are definitely better options than Holmes.

    Depending if they opt out or not

    Winslow
    Jamychal Green
    Oubre
    Josh Richardson

    Wings that may be able to had through trade because of cap situations

    Covington
    Royce Oneil
    Bojan bogdanovic
    Brogdan
    TJ Warren
    Barnes

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    11,050
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    There is no one that will make us contenders but there are definitely better options than Holmes.

    Depending if they opt out or not

    Winslow
    Jamychal Green
    Oubre
    Josh Richardson

    Wings that may be able to had through trade because of cap situations

    Covington
    Royce Oneil
    Bojan bogdanovic
    Brogdan
    TJ Warren
    Barnes
    I honestly think we go for a trade for our big upgrade. There just wonít be anything exciting in FA, and when that happens, bad players get overpaid. I pray out FO doesnít fall victim of a bad deal just for the sake of an upgrade.

    If Malcolm Brogdon is available this offseason, he should be option 1 for us at PG. I love his fit. I think Brogdon/Vuc and Brogdon/Thad would be great pairings.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,746
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I honestly think we go for a trade for our big upgrade. There just wonít be anything exciting in FA, and when that happens, bad players get overpaid. I pray out FO doesnít fall victim of a bad deal just for the sake of an upgrade.

    If Malcolm Brogdon is available this offseason, he should be option 1 for us at PG. I love his fit. I think Brogdon/Vuc and Brogdon/Thad would be great pairings.
    Not a lot of teams with cap space for there to be a bunch of guys getting overpaid. It also depends on what you think overpaid is. I see a lot of people saying 20 mil per for Lonzo and Lauri is too much. I think it's about right.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    53,456
    Neee TJ McConnell in Chicago for one of the cheaper options

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,746
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Neee TJ McConnell in Chicago for one of the cheaper options
    I love tj, but only as a backup. To me, he is Sato without a shot.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    53,456

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Depaul
    Posts
    2,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Neee TJ McConnell in Chicago for one of the cheaper options
    He's everything Arch wants to be lol.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    11,050
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    Not a lot of teams with cap space for there to be a bunch of guys getting overpaid. It also depends on what you think overpaid is. I see a lot of people saying 20 mil per for Lonzo and Lauri is too much. I think it's about right.
    I wouldn't give Lauri 20 million. I agree that 20 million isn't overpaying a good player though. For instance people thought Brogdon was overpaid at the time. That was wrong. People thought Rozier was an overpay, but I thought he outperformed his contract this year. I'd sign a guy like Schroder in the low 20's, because he makes a difference on both sides of the ball. The Lakers struggled mightily without him this year. He made a big difference for the Thunder last year. I just don't see the wing fits that I would want to spend that kind of money on in Free Agency. There is Kawhi, if he opts out, and Derozan. Outside of that, I don't love what's out there.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    53,456

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Oh he cut his hair. Maybe that will help his game.

Page 1 of 103 1231151101 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •