Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 103 1231151101 ... LastLast

2021-2022 Chicago Bulls OFFSEASON THREAD

Is Richaun Holmes versatile enough on defense where we could pair him and Vuc? Or would we get torched on the perimeter with him and Vuc together. Prior to trading for Vuc, I loved the idea of signing Holmes this summer. Offensively I think it could work with Vuc being so good from the perimeter and Holmes doing most of his work close to the basket.

Hard pass there at that point why not resign Theis least heís a good perimeter defender. I want this team smaller but guys like theis and Thad are the types you want if youíre going to be big.

Bulls will likely have Vuc, Marko, and one of theis/Thad outside of signing vet min bigs putting their limited cap to more bigs would be pretty idiotic given their needs at wing and point guard
    Last edited by Rndy; 05-17-2021 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rndy View Post
    Hard pass there at that point why not resign Theis least heís a good perimeter defender. I want this team smaller but guys like theis and Thad are the types you want if youíre going to be big.

Bulls will likely have Vuc, Marko, and one of theis/Thad outside of signing vet min bigs putting their limited cap to more bigs would be pretty idiotic given their needs at wing and point guard
    Thatís why I asked if heís capable of defending 4ís on the perimeter. That pushes Pat to SF. We still need a PG in that scenario.

My question is, what wings do you take in free agency? Who beyond Kawhi makes us a true contender? Or Derozan who makes us a playoff team. Who else is there at wing? This isnít a great free agent class. It does have options at PG.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Thatís why I asked if heís capable of defending 4ís on the perimeter. That pushes Pat to SF. We still need a PG in that scenario.

My question is, what wings do you take in free agency? Who beyond Kawhi makes us a true contender? Or Derozan who makes us a playoff team. Who else is there at wing? This isnít a great free agent class. It does have options at PG.
    There is no one that will make us contenders but there are definitely better options than Holmes.

Depending if they opt out or not

Winslow
    Jamychal Green
    Oubre
    Josh Richardson

Wings that may be able to had through trade because of cap situations

Covington
    Royce Oneil
    Bojan bogdanovic
    Brogdan
    TJ Warren
    Barnes

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    There is no one that will make us contenders but there are definitely better options than Holmes.

Depending if they opt out or not

Winslow
    Jamychal Green
    Oubre
    Josh Richardson

Wings that may be able to had through trade because of cap situations

Covington
    Royce Oneil
    Bojan bogdanovic
    Brogdan
    TJ Warren
    Barnes
    I honestly think we go for a trade for our big upgrade. There just wonít be anything exciting in FA, and when that happens, bad players get overpaid. I pray out FO doesnít fall victim of a bad deal just for the sake of an upgrade.

If Malcolm Brogdon is available this offseason, he should be option 1 for us at PG. I love his fit. I think Brogdon/Vuc and Brogdon/Thad would be great pairings.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I honestly think we go for a trade for our big upgrade. There just wonít be anything exciting in FA, and when that happens, bad players get overpaid. I pray out FO doesnít fall victim of a bad deal just for the sake of an upgrade.

If Malcolm Brogdon is available this offseason, he should be option 1 for us at PG. I love his fit. I think Brogdon/Vuc and Brogdon/Thad would be great pairings.
    Not a lot of teams with cap space for there to be a bunch of guys getting overpaid. It also depends on what you think overpaid is. I see a lot of people saying 20 mil per for Lonzo and Lauri is too much. I think it's about right.

Neee TJ McConnell in Chicago for one of the cheaper options

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    I love tj, but only as a backup. To me, he is Sato without a shot.

He's everything Arch wants to be lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    Not a lot of teams with cap space for there to be a bunch of guys getting overpaid. It also depends on what you think overpaid is. I see a lot of people saying 20 mil per for Lonzo and Lauri is too much. I think it's about right.
    I wouldn't give Lauri 20 million. I agree that 20 million isn't overpaying a good player though. For instance people thought Brogdon was overpaid at the time. That was wrong. People thought Rozier was an overpay, but I thought he outperformed his contract this year. I'd sign a guy like Schroder in the low 20's, because he makes a difference on both sides of the ball. The Lakers struggled mightily without him this year. He made a big difference for the Thunder last year. I just don't see the wing fits that I would want to spend that kind of money on in Free Agency. There is Kawhi, if he opts out, and Derozan. Outside of that, I don't love what's out there.

Oh he cut his hair. Maybe that will help his game.

Page 1 of 103 1231151101 ... LastLast