Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 100 of 103 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1545
    Quote Originally Posted by Rndy View Post
    I think people underestimate how great of a player he is without being able to shoot this forum is a constant reminder of it. If people don't watch him play basketball just say it and move on.
    Lol you know it's the narrative around here. People never want to take team construction into consideration. Never want the guy that can't shoot (cough cough Giannis) unless the NARRATIVE fits (just wait).

We see it alot of the time in here. "Lauri is a shooter who doesn't shoot that well". That was his narrative his first 2 years which means he scored by not just being a shooter. The last 2 years, " Lauri is only a shooter who can only score by shooting". NARRATIVE.

Go back and read the Lonzo vs. Dunn NARRATIVE lol. Or anytime Stunner or I brought up trading for Lonzo before he was a shooter. NARRATIVE was " He is a great playmaker and defender, but you can't win with someone who can't finish at the rim or shoot". Then it went to "well you can't win with someone who can't shoot. Now that he does both it's like people forget how good he was with the ball in his hands before LeBron went to LA.

And everybody gets trapped in a narrative but i've never seen it this bad before. Draymond passes up shots all of the time. Draymond shoots but is terrible at it. No one guards Dray at the 3 point line. Yet we shouldn't trade for Ben but should trade for Dray. So accept the Flaws for Dray but not Simmons because of the NARRATIVE.

I get trapped in it to. I didn't want Derozan last season when some in here wanted him. That was when we had WCJ, Thad, Gafford, Hutch, etc..... You know a bunch of non shooters. The reason im not upset with the signing now is because we have Zach, Vuc, Lonzo, Caruso, and Patrick Williams who are all good to great shooters. That's me knowing the narrative but taking everything else into consideration now.

At the end of the day, it is what it is though. The Narrative is what keeps some of these guys on TV with a job.

The Manimal has been domesticated for like 5 years now. Not sure what hed bring other than maybe a better version of Felicio off the bench to play spot minutes every few games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rebound , energy and block shots all we need him to do if he comes here.

Last played in 2019

https://youtu.be/KJVqq2utwfQ

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    In theory, his style is the type we need for our bench big. In reality he hasnt played in a long time, and wasnt great when he was playing near the end

2021-2022 Chicago Bulls OFFSEASON THREAD

He played decent in his last run with limited run with Houston 18-19 putting up 12.9 and 8.2 rpg 21.8 per. but then played in china tor the 19-20 . Nothing for 20-21 most likely because of Covid and he just now trying to make his nba comeback . For limited run of energy off the bench I stink he can be useful just needs another shot . Especially at this point of Free agency this how you sometimes find the flash in the pan

https://twitter.com/nbatv/status/110...677128704?s=21

https://twitter.com/nbatv/status/108...024134656?s=21
    Last edited by Stunner; 09-06-2021 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    He played decent in his last run with limited run with Houston 18-19 putting up 12.9 and 8.2 rpg 21.8 per. but then played in china tor the 19-20 . Nothing for 20-21 most likely because of Covid and he just now trying to make his nba comeback . For limited run of energy off the bench I stink he can be useful just needs another shot . Especially at this point of Free agency this how you sometimes find the flash in the pan

https://twitter.com/nbatv/status/110...677128704?s=21

https://twitter.com/nbatv/status/108...024134656?s=21
    Id take a chance. Hes get limited minutes, hes pure energy off the bench. Health is an issue but hed cost the minimum, would probably come in hungry, and on paper, his style is what we need. Hard working rebounding combo big.

What is the Wolves plan with Vanderbilt? Are they letting the market, which isnt really existent, ductate his cost that theyll undoubtedly match? Can we get him in a S & T? What would that cost. Who would/could we even trade? He seems like a great fit for us

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    What is the Wolves plan with Vanderbilt? Are they letting the market, which isnt really existent, ductate his cost that theyll undoubtedly match? Can we get him in a S & T? What would that cost. Who would/could we even trade? He seems like a great fit for us
    I would think a second round pick would do it, but AK values 2nd rounders unlike garpax who basically threw them away. Vanderbilt is the guy id want tho just for the upside.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyCantWeWin View Post
    I would think a second round pick would do it, but AK values 2nd rounders unlike garpax who basically threw them away. Vanderbilt is the guy id want tho just for the upside.
    I think if it was a 2nd, theyd have done it already. Vanderbilt is definitely worth at least a 2nd. Hes the perfect young fit availableish

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I think if it was a 2nd, theyd have done it already. Vanderbilt is definitely worth at least a 2nd. Hes the perfect young fit availableish
    That is a guy id be interested in as well. Seems like for now at least until they see other opportunities they are fine with DJJ, Green, and Johnson battling for those 3/4 backup minutes with ability to add during the season if it becomes a problem.

Actually really like this signing. Great backend bench piece and SF depth. A week ago we had almost zero depth other then Troy Brown Jr. and now with Derrick jones and Stanley Johnson I feel SF depth is one of our strengths and small ball PF depth as well.

Are Devon Dotson and Ayo going to be starting the season in the G-League? With Stanley Johnson signing that leaves us with 16 on the roster and still very little size.

I know Dotson for sure will be G-league bound but Im more interested in what they are doing with Ayo. Id rather him also start in the G-league and us being in one more big body and I feel we have one of the deeper teams
    In the league.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    This 2nd team is going to be strait up hard to score on. This is also a good signing to let Jones play the 2 until Coby gets healthy.

Caruso
    Jones
    Johnson
    Marko
    Bradley

Marko is literally the only guy on that 2nd team i question defensively. And once Coby comes back Jones can move to the 3. Johnson to the 4... And pending how well Marko is playing he or Bradley can play the 5. Coby can do what he does best. Focus on scoring.

Its kinda crazy the 2nd team is going to be 100% new guys on opening day though. Its even crazier when you consider we replaced 2 starters. Thats at minimum 7 major positional changes for this roster.

And this is also excluding guys like Ayo...Dotsom... Brown... And Green (who I'm less keen on then some here but i will include him none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    This 2nd team is going to be strait up hard to score on. This is also a good signing to let Jones play the 2 until Coby gets healthy.

Caruso
    Jones
    Johnson
    Marko
    Bradley

Marko is literally the only guy on that 2nd team i question defensively. And once Coby comes back Jones can move to the 3. Johnson to the 4... And pending how well Marko is playing he or Bradley can play the 5. Coby can do what he does best. Focus on scoring.

Its kinda crazy the 2nd team is going to be 100% new guys on opening day though. Its even crazier when you consider we replaced 2 starters. Thats at minimum 7 major positional changes for this roster.

And this is also excluding guys like Ayo...Dotsom... Brown... And Green (who I'm less keen on then some here but i will include him none the less.
    It seems to me the way they are building this team they don't really have the intention of running full bench lineups. It seems like they are putting the right defensive guys who have tons of versatility whether they can play 1-3 or 3-4 to stagger starters. I can't imagine you'll see many situations where one of Vooch, Lavine, or Demar isn't out there.

I see the depth more like

Ball-Caruso/White(when healthy)
    Lavine-Caruso/White(when healthy) TBJ
    Demar-TBJ-Jones-Johnson-Green
    P will-Jones-Johnson-Green
    Vuce,Bradley,Marko

You'll likely be having competition between Jones, Johnson, and Green for the back up forward spots with TBJ getting the back up guard spot until Coby comes back will be his job to lose in my opinion.
    Last edited by Rndy; 09-06-2021 at 04:15 PM.