Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Is that stat line really worth 30-40 mil over the next 4 years? I have heard many compare him to green which i still have issue with because again green can at least shoot and needs to be guarded. But would draymond be worth basically not having cap space. To work with the next 2-3 years and having no way to make improvement? Part of the issue here is not just his play but his pay. If he was a value contract it could be justified but you will ve paying him a 1/3 of your cap space or more the next 4 years.
    If weíre assuming a 24 year old doesnít get any better at basketball no probably not worth the 30+ mil a year. I think heíll get even better and considering heís an all star talent already Iíd do it in a heart beat.

Bulls likely donít have enough to get Simmons anyway unless they can get a 3rd team involved to take young players and picks 76ers are win now they donít want our 20 year olds and picks in 3 years.
    Last edited by Rndy; Today at 10:20 AM.

I do think Simmons could work on the right roster. He does have to work on FT's though. It's pathetic he can't make them at all.

Simmons and Embiid are a bad super star combo because Embiid isn't really a great shooter and Simmons isn't a shooter at all. That's your best 2 players not being relied on to hit big shots late in games. That's why they lost. Plain and simple.

Simmons paired with Vuc and Lavine is the exact opposite. Those guys are scorers and shooters by nature. They can get their shot off whenever they want. They are efficient shooters. Pairing them with a Pass only PG is actually a good fit. The only thing that I think Simmons lack of shooting would really hurt us on is the Hack a Simmons gameplan late. That's why he has to get better from the line.

Think about it though. Late in a game, you need a big shot, Simmons isn't going to give it to you, so you go to Harris or Embiid. That's not all that efficient.

Now think about this. Late in a game, you need a big shot, Simmons isn't going to give it to you, so you go to Vuc or Lavine. You expect them to make the shot.

When I was live betting those 76ers games late, when the momentum already fully shifted, I never felt confident that the 76ers could go clutch shot for clutch shot with Atlanta. They just don't have that kind of player on their team. Curry was the one guy I felt good about, but he wasn't seeing the ball enough for him to make a difference. And he's not a star for a reason. You can stop Seth freaking Curry when you buckle down on defense. Guys like Lavine and Vuc are cutthroat. They aren't easily stopped late in games. Granted Lavine did have a case of the Try To Do Too Much in the 2nd half of the season last year.

Zero question Simmons would work on this roster. I dont get how thats even a debate. The problem is we can't put a good enough deal on the table to get him without sending Lavine and that would be dumb af to do.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyCantWeWin View Post
    Zero question Simmons would work on this roster. I dont get how thats even a debate. The problem is we can't put a good enough deal on the table to get him without sending Lavine and that would be dumb af to do.
    Yeah he wonít be here.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    We traded hutch to the Wizards.
    Oh right lol.

2021-2022 Chicago Bulls OFFSEASON THREAD

Nvm
    Last edited by Stunner; Today at 03:02 PM.

In other news lmaoooo

Scottie just falling on the all time bulls list

https://twitter.com/nbcschicago/stat...056493060?s=21

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011