Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

5/17-5/20: Nationals (16-20) at Cubs (19-20) IGT: Homecoming Edition

Washington Nationals vs. Chicago Cubs
    (16-20) (19-20)

Pitching Matchups:
    Monday, 5/17 @ 6:40 PM
    Jon Lester (0-1, 2.25 ERA) vs. Adbert Alzolay (1-3, 4.50 ERA)
    vs.
    TV: Marquee Sports Network/Radio: 670 The Score

Tuesday, 5/18 @ 6:40 PM
    Patrick Corbin (2-3, 6.19 ERA) vs. Zach Davies (2-2, 5.60 ERA)
    vs.
    TV: Marquee Sports Network/Radio: 670 The Score

Wednesday, 5/19 @ 6:40 PM
    Max Scherzer (3-2, 2.10 ERA) vs. Jake Arrieta (4-3, 4.10 ERA)
    vs.
    TV: Marquee Sports Network, MLB Network (out-of-market only)/Radio: 670 The Score

Thursday, 5/20 @ 1:20 PM
    Joe Ross (2-3, 5.80 ERA) vs. Trevor Williams (2-2, 6.27 ERA)
    vs.
    TV: Marquee Sports Network, MLB Network (out-of-market only)/Radio: 670 The Score
    Last edited by CubsRule08; 05-21-2021 at 12:17 PM.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

A lot of former Cubs coming back to Wrigley Field during this series:

Alex Avila
    Starlin Castro
    Kyle Schwarber
    Jon Lester
    Dave Martinez
    Last edited by CubsRule08; 05-17-2021 at 12:52 PM.

Bulldog Lester still got it. He should still be in a Cubs uniform.

Heyward, surprisingly, has decent numbers vs Lester.

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    Bulldog Lester still got it. He should still be in a Cubs uniform.
    He doesn't. Don't let the ERA fool you, he's got a 4.70 xFIP, is posting career lows for K's and career highs for walks. He's not getting ground balls like he used to, and has an unreasonable 0 HR's allowed all with declining velocity. He's done. I totally would have been down to let him pitch the season out in Chicago for what he cost, but he doesn't have it any more, either. This is likely the last hurrah, and when the magic of 0 HR's allowed runs out, I expect he's going to be someone that might get DFA'ed later this year, with how bad everything around his numbers suggest he's been.

I'm hoping Lester can get to 200 wins at least before he retires. I know wins don't mean much these days but it seemed like it was a cinch he would get there a couple of years ago and he is at a slow crawl to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    He doesn't. Don't let the ERA fool you, he's got a 4.70 xFIP, is posting career lows for K's and career highs for walks. He's not getting ground balls like he used to, and has an unreasonable 0 HR's allowed all with declining velocity. He's done. I totally would have been down to let him pitch the season out in Chicago for what he cost, but he doesn't have it any more, either. This is likely the last hurrah, and when the magic of 0 HR's allowed runs out, I expect he's going to be someone that might get DFA'ed later this year, with how bad everything around his numbers suggest he's been.
    We’ve seen this movie before. Lester had an ERA of 1.06 after three starts last year.

Heard Lester has a hard time throwing to first, should bunt and take a big lead on him
    Lol

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Pirates have claimed Ildemaro Vargas off waivers.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Pirates have claimed Ildemaro Vargas off waivers.
    Lol, guess i was wrong

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    You're fully right, and there was no reason then or now to think he'd be a good pitcher. But i'll still be rooting for him to get a measure of revenge tonight as I really thought they did him dirty on his way out. They weren't really replacing him with talent and he wasn't holding anyone back. He basically begged to come back for cheap. Should have been here going for his 200th. Hope he makes progress towards that tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    You're fully right, and there was no reason then or now to think he'd be a good pitcher. But i'll still be rooting for him to get a measure of revenge tonight as I really thought they did him dirty on his way out. They weren't really replacing him with talent and he wasn't holding anyone back. He basically begged to come back for cheap. Should have been here going for his 200th. Hope he makes progress towards that tonight.
    Same here. Like I said, I'd be perfectly fine with him throwing for a mediocre Cubs team. I am all for Lester. I was 200 for him. Hes a great pitcher and brought the Cubs many great years. Team Lester for sure.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

With Ross and Willson's input we should be able to steal 14 bases tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubboy View Post
    We’ve seen this movie before. Lester had an ERA of 1.06 after three starts last year.
    I was looking at his numbers yesterday and thats the first thing I remembered too. Hopefully we can put a lot of runs on him

I just hope Alzolay dont get caught up in the moment and pitches well

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast