Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: 2021 Offseason

2021 Offseason

Important offseason coming up. We'll use this thread to talk about news and rumors.

Any big updates should get its own thread.

How should the Kings improve?

McNair hasnít really tipped his hat as to what he is trying to do. He hasnít torn the team apart for a total re-build, but he also hasnít made any big moves to make us better. Iím all for continuity, but this team needs much more than that. Iím looking forward to seeing what happens this off-season.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent008 View Post
    McNair hasnít really tipped his hat as to what he is trying to do. He hasnít torn the team apart for a total re-build, but he also hasnít made any big moves to make us better. Iím all for continuity, but this team needs much more than that. Iím looking forward to seeing what happens this off-season.
    I think Mcnair has his work cut out for him. What big splash can he make? We are near the salary cap and our only worthwhile tradable assets are

Marvin Bagley- No one seems to want to give anything of value. We likely have to stick with him.

Buddy Hield. going into next season will have 3 years left on his contract. Likely one of 2 of our most movable assets. He will be easier to move this season compared to last season.

Harrison Barnes. Same situation as Buddy Hield. 3 more seasons.

It seems to me that our team is not as good as the salary we have spent. Things won't get easier with either paying Holmes. or having a lesser quality team by letting him go and making Damian Jones the starter.

I hate to say it but we are going to be draft dependent on getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I think Mcnair has his work cut out for him. What big splash can he make? We are near the salary cap and our only worthwhile tradable assets are

Marvin Bagley- No one seems to want to give anything of value. We likely have to stick with him.

Buddy Hield. going into next season will have 3 years left on his contract. Likely one of 2 of our most movable assets. He will be easier to move this season compared to last season.

Harrison Barnes. Same situation as Buddy Hield. 3 more seasons.

It seems to me that our team is not as good as the salary we have spent. Things won't get easier with either paying Holmes. or having a lesser quality team by letting him go and making Damian Jones the starter.

I hate to say it but we are going to be draft dependent on getting better.
    I think you may be right about being draft dependent. The guys that weíre paying (Barnes, Buddy, presumably Holmes) are solid complementary pieces if you have stars. I think Fox is on his way to stardom and I have my fingers crossed for Hali, but those two arenít good enough right now to carry the other guys to be a contender. McNair may be able to surprise us with a big trade, but Iím not counting on it. My biggest hope for the team right now is that the draft gods shine on us at the lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent008 View Post
    I think you may be right about being draft dependent. The guys that weíre paying (Barnes, Buddy, presumably Holmes) are solid complementary pieces if you have stars. I think Fox is on his way to stardom and I have my fingers crossed for Hali, but those two arenít good enough right now to carry the other guys to be a contender. McNair may be able to surprise us with a big trade, but Iím not counting on it. My biggest hope for the team right now is that the draft gods shine on us at the lottery.
    I am with you on Fox and Haliburton. I think we have something with Fox and Haliburton. Bagley shows flashes but with all the injuries he is a poor mans version of Porzingis.

I am thinking we are likely looking at another borderline playoff team next season. Our success next season will be dependent on Bagley being healthy and improving. Our future will be on the development of our youth and a successful 2021 draft. Our trade value will be 2022 with Barnes and Hield having only 2 seasons left on their contract and both of their salaries decline in amount.