Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cesaro the jobber?

Has the WWE once again managed to take someone who was deserving of the Universal Title and make him a jobber? But what do you think? Is Vince basically turning Cesaro into a jobber or could it be Vince doesn’t believe he’s capable of carrying the company?
    Last edited by BSF101; 05-17-2021 at 04:04 AM.

Loosing to RR in the main event is turning someone into a Jobber? Feuding with 1 of the best of this generation Seth Rollins and going over him at WM is a jobber? Cmon man
    The First Man To Ever Win The World Title - The Prestige Title - The Chaos Championship in PWW History. I am The Face That Runs The Place Mario Freaking Bellz

Quote Originally Posted by Bellz View Post
    Loosing to RR in the main event is turning someone into a Jobber? Feuding with 1 of the best of this generation Seth Rollins and going over him at WM is a jobber? Cmon man
    You known damn well I didn’t say that. I wouldn’t be surprised if Vince drops Cesaro back to mid card status in a month or two,

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    You known damn well I didn’t say that. I wouldn’t be surprised if Vince drops Cesaro back to mid card status in a month or two,
    So AJ Styles is a jobber? Seth Rollins? Drew Mac? Braun Storwman? Kevin Owens? Etc? The term jobber really gets thrown around way too quick. There can only be 1 (in WWE's case 2 champions)at a time just because you lose to the champ
    The First Man To Ever Win The World Title - The Prestige Title - The Chaos Championship in PWW History. I am The Face That Runs The Place Mario Freaking Bellz

Quote Originally Posted by Bellz View Post
    So AJ Styles is a jobber? Seth Rollins? Drew Mac? Braun Storwman? Kevin Owens? Etc? The term jobber really gets thrown around way too quick. There can only be 1 (in WWE's case 2 champions)at a time just because you lose to the champ
    First AJ styles was off tv weeks after WM. Only to appear three weeks after winning the tag titles. Seth Rollins was already with the Shield when they were brought up due to their popularity on NXT Drew’s earlier days he was a jobber remember that whole chosen one storyline how did that workout Or better yet 3MB yeah he was a jobber at one point. Braun has jobbed before and how many outside of ROH even knew who KO is? This is Vince we’re talking about the guy who has been known to change storylines minutes before air time or stopping match midway so yes I won’t be surprised if Cesaro drops back to midcard or even jobs for upcoming talent.

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    First AJ styles was off tv weeks after WM. Only to appear three weeks after winning the tag titles. Seth Rollins was already with the Shield when they were brought up due to their popularity on NXT Drew’s earlier days he was a jobber remember that whole chosen one storyline how did that workout Or better yet 3MB yeah he was a jobber at one point. Braun has jobbed before and how many outside of ROH even knew who KO is? This is Vince we’re talking about the guy who has been known to change storylines minutes before air time or stopping match midway so yes I won’t be surprised if Cesaro drops back to midcard or even jobs for upcoming talent.
    i am not sure cesaro is a top card guy though. Sure he works his *** off but its not enough. Nobody will give a **** about the main event of summerslam if its say cesaro vs Stroman or edge or styles or orton. That is the difference. It sucks but it is what it is and vince isnt wrong to go hot and cold on cesaro. He is pushing him now but if it doesnt get the fire he is looking for which it probably wont he is going back down to the mid card. Why does a guy losing to reigns or even being a mid card guy end up a jobber to people?

Does anybody really believe that Reigns can make Cesaro pass out? Daniel Bryan? Yes. AJ Styles? Yes. Seth Rollins? Yes. Roman Reigns.....not a fvcking chance. That bizarre finish, and the post-match beatdown, tainted a spectular match. With that said, how does WWE know what they have in Cesaro until the put the belt on him and prove it. Hell, the put the damn belt on Jinder Mahal for weaker, imo, reason. Put the damn belt on Cesaro and the very worse that happens is Cesaro proves himself to be one of the best wrestlers on the planet.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Does anybody really believe that Reigns can make Cesaro pass out? Daniel Bryan? Yes. AJ Styles? Yes. Seth Rollins? Yes. Roman Reigns.....not a fvcking chance. That bizarre finish, and the post-match beatdown, tainted a spectular match. With that said, how does WWE know what they have in Cesaro until the put the belt on him and prove it. Hell, the put the damn belt on Jinder Mahal for weaker, imo, reason. Put the damn belt on Cesaro and the very worse that happens is Cesaro proves himself to be one of the best wrestlers on the planet.
    Jinder was a heel... He was meant to be hated while helping them get their area of need. 2 birds. Cesaro as a heel isnt as hated. That is the issue. As a face jinder sucks. As a face cesaro is very good. As a heel cesaro is irrelevent and nobody cares. As a heel jinder is hated beyond belief. That is the difference.

Cesaro is probably best as upper mid tier but I still would like to see him get a title run just to mix it up.

Having the same guys hold the title for like 9 months at a time does get boring.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Jinder was a heel... He was meant to be hated while helping them get their area of need. 2 birds. Cesaro as a heel isnt as hated. That is the issue. As a face jinder sucks. As a face cesaro is very good. As a heel cesaro is irrelevent and nobody cares. As a heel jinder is hated beyond belief. That is the difference.
    That's the WWE fault then. Trying to homogenized everybody has hurt 90% of the performers they(wwe) signed, including Cesaro. Once they gave the Uso's the freedom to be themselves, and they took the leash off Roman Reigns, these guys flourish. Give Cesaro a chance.
    Screw sabermetics.

Some guys aren't made to be main eventers. Its doesn't make them jobbers. Cesaro is an amazing wrestler/extraordinary athlete but his promo skills have always held him back. That's just the reality sometimes.

Roman is set for an extended title run. He just needs opponents until the WWE decides who the person is who takes the belt from him. I hope Big E wins the MITB contract and he becomes the guy but it does expose a big problem in the WWE. The lack of over babyfaces.
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-22-2021 at 03:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Some guys aren't made to be main eventers. Its doesn't make them jobbers. Cesaro is an amazing wrestler/extraordinary athlete but his promo skills have always held him back. That's just the reality sometimes.
    This is literally the same thing that can be said about Brock Lesnar and even Bobby Lashley. The difference is uneven booking for Cesaro. Cesaro is a far better in-ring talent than either Bobby or Brock yet the WWE pushes those two as badasses while they push Cesaro as basically a taller Dolph Ziggler.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Roman is set for an extended title run. He just needs opponents until the WWE decides who the person is who takes the belt from him. I hope Big E wins the MITB contract and he becomes the guy but it does expose a big problem in the WWE. The lack of over babyfaces.
    The great champions are great because of the rivalries that pushes them. You think Hart, you think Michaels. You think Sting, you think Flair. Who has been Reigns "rival" during this run? Reigns has been good in his role, but I would argue his run as champ has been unremarkable. I know the WWE is probably setting up a Rollins .v. Reigns rivalry in 2022 but I personally believe Cesaro needs the rub more than Rollins.

Give Cesaro a chance.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    This is literally the same thing that can be said about Brock Lesnar and even Bobby Lashley. The difference is uneven booking for Cesaro. Cesaro is a far better in-ring talent than either Bobby or Brock yet the WWE pushes those two as badasses while they push Cesaro as basically a taller Dolph Ziggler.

The great champions are great because of the rivalries that pushes them. You think Hart, you think Michaels. You think Sting, you think Flair. Who has been Reigns "rival" during this run? Reigns has been good in his role, but I would argue his run as champ has been unremarkable. I know the WWE is probably setting up a Rollins .v. Reigns rivalry in 2022 but I personally believe Cesaro needs the rub more than Rollins.

Give Cesaro a chance.
    Yes but Brock is a once in a generation athlete. Yes, pound for pound Cesaro is as strong as an ox but he's not Brock Lesnar. He's not a guy who almost made a NFL team having not played football since high school, he's not a former NCAA heavyweight champion, he's not a former UFC heavyweight champion. Brock is super special. Lesnar is also a double edged sword though because very few people are going to beat him clean and because he's not a full time guy, people get tired of him winning either title then showing up 10 times a year.

Cesaro is better in the ring than Bobby but Lashley is a better promo and Lashley is a physical specimen. We know how much Vince loves that. Cesaro's promos deliveries hurt him. Its nothing against Cesaro. He's just not a main eventer. He's an extremely good hand though.

That's not Reign's fault. We've been talking about quality of opponents for years now btw. All the way back to when CM Punk was champion ten years ago. Because the WWE has put the emphasis on the show and not the wrestlers, they've dwindled down who has real star power. They're trying to do that with Reigns now. Make him special by defending his belt and being unbeaten. They're doing a good job. The issue becomes when do people get bored of it? That will happen. Its just a matter of when. I don't know who is taking the belt off Reigns but let's hope the plan isn't to have Rock/Reigns at WrestleMania 39 where a 51 year old Rock is taking the belt off of him.

This is the WWE's time to start building some stars and legitimate opponents. The question is can they do it?

Big E is a guy who makes sense to me. He has the look, he has a cool back story, he's a well known brand, he can cut really good promos. Its just a matter of when they decide to pull the trigger with someone taking the belt off Reigns.
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-31-2021 at 07:35 PM.