NY Yankees @ Texas Rangers

Mon, May 17 ē 8:05 PM EDT
    At Globe Life Field
    TV: YES, Bally Sports Southwest

Yanks
    Gerrit Cole
    RHP
    5-1, 1.37 ERA, 78 SO
    Cole is coming off his best start of the season in which he struck out 12 batters while tossing eight scoreless innings, allowing just four hits and no walks against the Rays. Heíll go for his sixth win of the year vs. the Rangers, against whom he has a 5-2 career record.

VS

Rangers
    None of the Rangers pitcher have been named yet but if they continue with the same rotation these should be the guys pitching for them the 1st 2 games
    Jordan Lyles

Tue, May 18 ē 8:05 PM EDT
    At Globe Life Field

Yanks

Jameson Taillon
    RHP
    1-3, 5.40 ERA, 43 SO
    Taillon will go for his second win of the season against the Rangers, whom he has faced only once in his career. In May 2019, he picked up a victory for the Pirates after throwing 6 1/3 innings with four runs allowed (three earned).

VS

Rangers
    Mike Foltynewicz

Wed, May 19 ē 8:05 PM EDT
    At Globe Life Field

Yanks

Corey Kluber
    RHP
    3-2, 3.48 ERA, 41 SO
    Fresh off picking up his 1,500th career strikeout Friday, Kluber will look to maintain his strong month against the Rangers. He has a 2-0 record and a 2.75 ERA in 19 2/3 innings in May, versus a 1-2 record and a 4.15 ERA in 21 2/3 innings in April.

VS

Texas

TBD

Thu, May 20 ē 2:05 PM EDT
    At Globe Life Field

Yanks
    Domingo German
    RHP
    3-2, 3.62 ERA, 37 SO
    GermŠn tossed six innings of one-run ball in his last start, picking up his first victory since April 28. He has logged quality starts in four of his last five outings, pitching to a 3-0 record with a 2.37 ERA over that span.

VS

Texas
    Dane Dunning
    RHP
    2-3, 4.34 ERA, 42 SO
    Dunning is coming off a rough start in Houston, where he allowed four runs in the first inning to take the loss. He proceeded to pitch three shutout innings after, but the righty will need to avoid those first-inning struggles when facing off against a tough Yankees squad.
    Last edited by dayners81; 05-17-2021 at 02:38 PM.

Well with Cole starting one of those three games , they have a decent shot at taking 2 of 3

It's be nice to see them get a series sweep, but that is tough to do on the road. As long as they keep winning series' though they should be in first place soon enough.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    It's be nice to see them get a series sweep, but that is tough to do on the road. As long as they keep winning series' though they should be in first place soon enough.
    Agreed. The Sox have played very few teams of high quality. I think they will lose steam around the AS break

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Well with Cole starting one of those three games , they have a decent shot at taking 2 of 3

I guess game 4 will be a tie, huh? LOL
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    I guess game 4 will be a tie, huh? LOL
    learn to read , the series posted above is showing 3 match ups . Not four . Thatís why I said 2 of 3 . If anything get on dayners for leaving out the 4th match up
    Last edited by Posada20; 05-17-2021 at 02:07 PM.

learn to read , the series posted above is showing 3 match ups . Not four . Thatís why I said 2 of 3 . If anything get on dayners for leaving out the 4th match up
    Well no, he actually did post 4 games with yanks starters being Cole, Taillon, Kluber, and German. Only 3 texas starters were listed with 1 tbd. Speaking of learning to read,....

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    Well no, he actually did post 4 games with yanks starters being Cole, Taillon, Kluber, and German. Only 3 texas starters were listed with 1 tbd. Speaking of learning to read,....
    LMAOOOOO

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Meant to post in news thread.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by OhSoSlick; 05-17-2021 at 06:43 PM.
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    Yeah it says that now but it didnít say that when I made my first post YESTERDAY . Remember dayners edited that post just 4 hours ago to include the 4th match up. Do you really think itís just a coincidence that dayners edited his post just 33 mins after I pointed out that the post had 3 match ups instead of 4 ?
    Last edited by Posada20; 05-17-2021 at 07:02 PM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Yeah it says that now but it didnít say that when I made my first post YESTERDAY . Remember dayners edited that post just 4 hours ago to include the 4th match up. Do you really think itís just a coincidence that dayners edited his post just 33 mins after I pointed out that the post had 3 match ups instead of 4 ?
    Dayners editing his post doesn't mean he did it the way you said. He may have edited regarding pitching.
    You edited yours at 2:07 today. Why?

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Dayners editing his post doesn't mean he did it the way you said. He may have edited regarding pitching.
    You edited yours at 2:07 today. Why?
    He did leave out the 4th match up and you know it . I called out the mistake and dayners changed it soon after . That is not a coincidence like you want me to believe . And I edited mine because it has misspellings in it but I did it right after I posted that post . Not the day after like dayners did

cole sets a major league record for most consecutive strikeouts without a walk 59 in a row..

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    cole sets a major league record for most consecutive strikeouts without a walk 59 in a row..
    Cole is a beast . He allows a lead off double and then strikes out the next three batters in order .

Cole is a beast . He allows a lead off double and then strikes out the next three batters in order .
    cole has gone all fastball the first 2 hitters and each on 0-2 they hit him for a home run and double

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast