Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

FCS National Championship game at 2pm eastern today- watching?

If you've not been paying attention, or just don't watch college football, you may not be aware the FCS playoffs have been going on. But if you're jonesing for some live football, today's championship game in Frisco, Texas, starts at 2pm eastern today.

I have a personal interest given the favorite is my 'hometown' team, where I started my college years.

South Dakota State vs Sam Houston State
    One of the top rushing offenses against one of the top rushing defenses this spring...with SDSU's true freshman quarterback leading the Jackrabbits to the top seed.

sidebar- Trey Lance grew up an hour away, but NDSU's history is what lured him there instead of SDSU

Another sidebar being.......it's on ABC....not everyone (like my brother in Hawaii who's an alum) don't get ABC. Know of a site streaming it?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

If you didn't watch, you missed a great game......tho from my end, the wrong team won.
    It was too bad, too...the SDSU freshman QB was player of the year in the conference, but was hurt on the first possession of the game and never returned...and their backup was horrible, yet the winning TD was scored with only 16 seconds left and the Jacks couldn't quite get into winning FG range at the end.

This highlight, which gave the Jacks the lead late, is certainly worth a watch- 85 yard touchdown run by another freshman

https://twitter.com/JamesFragoza/sta...hampionship%2F

Sam Houston hadn't allowed a 100 yd rusher in over 2 years- Davis doubled his day's total on this run alone.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    If you didn't watch, you missed a great game......tho from my end, the wrong team won.
    It was too bad, too...the SDSU freshman QB was player of the year in the conference, but was hurt on the first possession of the game and never returned...and their backup was horrible, yet the winning TD was scored with only 16 seconds left and the Jacks couldn't quite get into winning FG range at the end.

This highlight, which gave the Jacks the lead late, is certainly worth a watch- 85 yard touchdown run by another freshman

https://twitter.com/JamesFragoza/sta...hampionship%2F

Sam Houston hadn't allowed a 100 yd rusher in over 2 years- Davis doubled his day's total on this run alone.
    Found out one of my employee’s son plays for Sam Houston so it was pretty cool to see them win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Found out one of my employee’s son plays for Sam Houston so it was pretty cool to see them win.

not if you attended and 3 of your brothers graduated from their opponent's school

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    not if you attended and 3 of your brothers graduated from their opponent's school
    I don’t care about college football at all really lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I don’t care about college football at all really lol

oh I don't, for the most part...after all, schools like Alabama basically get like 10 first round draft picks every year...rankings and therefore often revenue is given to schools the media is obsessed with and by and large they're primarily in the SEC or Big 10

Still, as an Oregon alum, I've been pulled into paying some attention nationally and do enjoy the college game. But in the case of the FCS, I've been enjoying the fact these smaller schools are getting more national attention, deservedly so, when guys like Carson Wentz, Dallas Goedert (whose dad I grew up 3 miles from), and now Trey Lance (who grew up an hour from here) become so well known. That kinda thing doesn't happen often 'round here.

Games like this can really help generate more attention for the school, better recruits for the program, and positive benefits for the little city I call home.