Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    We did pick up his option last year. He’ll be a RFA if we want.

But I doubt we extend him a qualifying offer so he’ll be UFA. Could still come back, but I doubt it.
    I like Frank but gotta assume we add some pieces so no way he plays here
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

https://twitter.com/kxnglenny_/statu...868050945?s=21

Look how disengaged Payton is on this play. I don’t think he can start game one. Let’s start Q or Burks. Let Frank get the second unit mins and have Rose be that bench guy that finishes games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post

Look how disengaged Payton is on this play. I don’t think he can start game one. Let’s start Q or Burks. Let Frank get the second unit mins and have Rose be that bench guy that finishes games

Call me crazy but I’d start Frank and give him the same amount of minutes Payton was getting. Better shooter and defender than Payton, can guard multiple positions and he would excel in that role since Payton doesn’t initiate any of our offense or create for others. That way you can save Burks and Rose as some firepower of the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Maybe he loves it here but yea frank probably is gone we should've picked up his option
    Leon Rose was a player agent. At the beginning of the season Leon concluded no one was going to be starting a bidding war over Frank and that if we wanted him we could keep him. I trust Leon. If we want him we will keep him at a value the team wants to pay. I doubt any other teams are going to pay more then what the Knicks want to pay. Team may want to keep him and let one of EB and RB go. Frank may be the 3 and D wings off the bench next season instead of Burk or Bully so let's see. Too early to tell. If the Knicks trade for a Beal, Lillard or someone else they may give up Obi and IQ, so Knox and Frank yet still may have a future for the team off the bench. This off-season will have lots of moving parts. If we trade our picks and rookies in a big package well your going to need players who know the system who will have cost effective deals. Knox only has to back up Randall ten minutes a game and Frank even at 7-8 million is not expensive if he is playing 18 minutes a game. We should not act as if we know for sure what's going to happen personal wise for next season.

GT#72 Boston Celtics (36-35) @ Más Resucitado Knicks (40-31): Matinee Last Call

Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    Call me crazy but I’d start Frank and give him the same amount of minutes Payton was getting. Better shooter and defender than Payton, can guard multiple positions and he would excel in that role since Payton doesn’t initiate any of our offense or create for others. That way you can save Burks and Rose as some firepower of the bench.
    The first unit lacks ball handlers and Frank really isn’t that. I’d rather a Burks or Q with Randle and Barrett and Frank with Rose and the one that doesn’t start. I think he actually fits nicely with that group since the guards can be a little ball dominate

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

The first unit lacks ball handlers and Frank really isn’t that. I’d rather a Burks or Q with Randle and Barrett and Frank with Rose and the one that doesn’t start. I think he actually fits nicely with that group since the guards can be a little ball dominate

Yep, indeed. IQ or Burk should start and provide the floor spacing. Frank still may not see any time but he does fit as a wing off the bench with Rose, IQ and Obi . I think Frank may get time off the bench, let's see if he takes advantage. If Frank can make a difference in defense and hit his outside shots and make some good passes, he may be back next year with a rotation role if we can't keep both RB and Burk.

Frank kills us on offense our only hope for the demise of elf is luca

****! This is making me angry as a fan. I don't wanna hear Thibs give credit to Elf for playing solid minutes. Definitely not and we fans can't be fooled. The guy has already checked out on the team. Why play him still???????
    The saying “the guys are playing for each other" is definitely tge opposite of what Payton is doing.

Frank kills us on offense our only hope for the demise of elf is luca
    Start Burks at point. Rose and Iq will still be solid off the bench like the team did when AB was out. Start Burks and put RJ on Trae on D should be the game plan

Quote Originally Posted by sharqstealth View Post
    Start Burks at point. Rose and Iq will still be solid off the bench like the team did when AB was out. Start Burks and put RJ on Trae on D should be the game plan
    Idk if Burks can do it full time and we got luca here he should be able to give us atleast 14 minutes i have high hopes for the kid

Idk if Burks can do it full time and we got luca here he should be able to give us atleast 14 minutes i have high hopes for the kid
    I'm not talking about full time. Just for this playoffs. Defensively we'll have an advantage against Trae. I would like to have him and RJ take switches on Trae. Give him different looks.
    Last edited by sharqstealth; 05-17-2021 at 02:54 AM.

he cant do much without the ball, but he's not good enough to give the ball to. we played our best ball late in the year with Payton's minutes being cut dramatically. finished 16-4.

problem is not sure you can make a lineup change now. Let Payton start and play 10mpg.

It's not crazy at all. Frank is a better defender and shooter at this point. If everything else is equal to Payton then it just makes sense to give those minutes to Frank. And believe me, I never thought in a million years I'd be saying that. Yall know how I feel about Frank. But Payton is an absolute liability on offense. Defenses are keying in on his driving to the basket because that is all that he can do.

The Knicks are BACK...part 2

Even I'm concerned with Thibs still playing Payton too many chances for a guy whose not motivated I get there is no other ball handler and Burks just came back also Rose is tired.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

I’d rather just play Rose for the full 48

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast