Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Given half the season is almost done, may as well use him in the pen in the 2nd half since we'll probably just trade for a starter. But they should still commit to trying him as a starter next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Given half the season is almost done, may as well use him in the pen in the 2nd half since we'll probably just trade for a starter. But they should still commit to trying him as a starter next year.
    I am less about that starter life for Pearson now. He’s too fragile to depend on. At least in the BP he can be load managed.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Well, it is good news that they know the root of the problem, and it seems to be fixable.
    for sure, who knows - maybe he becomes a high leverage 7/8th inning type. That's valuable

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    for sure, who knows - maybe he becomes a high leverage 7/8th inning type. That's valuable
    That’s the hope. He could be a shut down closer. I’m glad they gave him a chance to start but am looking forward to him settling into the BP.

So from Atkins biggest draft after he fired the stellar scouting department he inherited and hired his own guys, let an old team die and let our best piece walk so that he can get X2 1st round picks, launching us toward the basement… we might have a BP piece (if that BP piece can find a way to stay healthy for the first time in his career).

Yayyy…. So good at drafting and developing…

I’m still convinced this team would be NOWHERE without AA leaving the young guys (especially Vlad) and the scouting department that found the other 2 sons before Atkins went scorched earth. Could have been better if Atkins cashed in on osuna and stroman sooner or traded away some of the farm assets that have since evaporated into worthlessness… but lying to the fan base about trying to contend will do that.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    That’s the hope. He could be a shut down closer. I’m glad they gave him a chance to start but am looking forward to him settling into the BP.

So from Atkins biggest draft after he fired the stellar scouting department he inherited and hired his own guys, let an old team die and let our best piece walk so that he can get X2 1st round picks, launching us toward the basement… we might have a BP piece (if that BP piece can find a way to stay healthy for the first time in his career).

Yayyy…. So good at drafting and developing…

I’m still convinced this team would be NOWHERE without AA leaving the young guys (especially Vlad) and the scouting department that found the other 2 sons before Atkins went scorched earth. Could have been better if Atkins cashed in on osuna and stroman sooner or traded away some of the farm assets that have since evaporated into worthlessness… but lying to the fan base about trying to contend will do that.
    We all know how you feel. You have some iteration of this post In. Every. Thread.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

I am less about that starter life for Pearson now. He’s too fragile to depend on. At least in the BP he can be load managed.
    I think this is the first year with chronic injuries so Im willing to wait an extra year. In the minors I believe he missed the rest of the year with a line drive to the forearm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    We all know how you feel. You have some iteration of this post In. Every. Thread.

I’m still rattled.

I’m still rattled.
    Yes, that seems obvious

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post

At least he can see Atkins for who he really is...struggles to make deals and almost always sells low on players...and is definitely benefitting from AA's work. What would be best for the Jays now is to fire Atkins and bring in someone who can actually finish the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderdan22 View Post
    At least he can see Atkins for who he really is...struggles to make deals and almost always sells low on players...and is definitely benefitting from AA's work. What would be best for the Jays now is to fire Atkins and bring in someone who can actually finish the job.
    You MUST be Steve Simmons

I think you give him one more chance at the rotation and if it doesn’t work out he becomes part of the pen. There’s just too much upside there.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    I think you give him one more chance at the rotation and if it doesn’t work out he becomes part of the pen. There’s just too much upside there.
    My thought process keeps bringing me back to Sanchez and how he could have had a great career if they just kept him in the pen after he developed the blister issues.

If there's a team that covets him, deal him.

My thought process keeps bringing me back to Sanchez and how he could have had a great career if they just kept him in the pen after he developed the blister issues.
    He's doing well as a starter this year isnt he?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    He's doing well as a starter this year isnt he?
    Sanchez? He hasnt pitched since early May with bicep tightness

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast