Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 95
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    58,926
    Given half the season is almost done, may as well use him in the pen in the 2nd half since we'll probably just trade for a starter. But they should still commit to trying him as a starter next year.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Given half the season is almost done, may as well use him in the pen in the 2nd half since we'll probably just trade for a starter. But they should still commit to trying him as a starter next year.
    I am less about that starter life for Pearson now. He’s too fragile to depend on. At least in the BP he can be load managed.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    3,228
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Well, it is good news that they know the root of the problem, and it seems to be fixable.
    for sure, who knows - maybe he becomes a high leverage 7/8th inning type. That's valuable

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14,148
    Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    for sure, who knows - maybe he becomes a high leverage 7/8th inning type. That's valuable
    That’s the hope. He could be a shut down closer. I’m glad they gave him a chance to start but am looking forward to him settling into the BP.

    So from Atkins biggest draft after he fired the stellar scouting department he inherited and hired his own guys, let an old team die and let our best piece walk so that he can get X2 1st round picks, launching us toward the basement… we might have a BP piece (if that BP piece can find a way to stay healthy for the first time in his career).

    Yayyy…. So good at drafting and developing…

    I’m still convinced this team would be NOWHERE without AA leaving the young guys (especially Vlad) and the scouting department that found the other 2 sons before Atkins went scorched earth. Could have been better if Atkins cashed in on osuna and stroman sooner or traded away some of the farm assets that have since evaporated into worthlessness… but lying to the fan base about trying to contend will do that.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    12,625
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    That’s the hope. He could be a shut down closer. I’m glad they gave him a chance to start but am looking forward to him settling into the BP.

    So from Atkins biggest draft after he fired the stellar scouting department he inherited and hired his own guys, let an old team die and let our best piece walk so that he can get X2 1st round picks, launching us toward the basement… we might have a BP piece (if that BP piece can find a way to stay healthy for the first time in his career).

    Yayyy…. So good at drafting and developing…

    I’m still convinced this team would be NOWHERE without AA leaving the young guys (especially Vlad) and the scouting department that found the other 2 sons before Atkins went scorched earth. Could have been better if Atkins cashed in on osuna and stroman sooner or traded away some of the farm assets that have since evaporated into worthlessness… but lying to the fan base about trying to contend will do that.
    We all know how you feel. You have some iteration of this post In. Every. Thread.

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    58,926
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I am less about that starter life for Pearson now. He’s too fragile to depend on. At least in the BP he can be load managed.
    I think this is the first year with chronic injuries so Im willing to wait an extra year. In the minors I believe he missed the rest of the year with a line drive to the forearm.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    We all know how you feel. You have some iteration of this post In. Every. Thread.

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    I’m still rattled.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    12,625
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I’m still rattled.
    Yes, that seems obvious

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    We all know how you feel. You have some iteration of this post In. Every. Thread.

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    At least he can see Atkins for who he really is...struggles to make deals and almost always sells low on players...and is definitely benefitting from AA's work. What would be best for the Jays now is to fire Atkins and bring in someone who can actually finish the job.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    12,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderdan22 View Post
    At least he can see Atkins for who he really is...struggles to make deals and almost always sells low on players...and is definitely benefitting from AA's work. What would be best for the Jays now is to fire Atkins and bring in someone who can actually finish the job.
    You MUST be Steve Simmons

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Side
    Posts
    13,400
    I think you give him one more chance at the rotation and if it doesn’t work out he becomes part of the pen. There’s just too much upside there.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14,148
    Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    I think you give him one more chance at the rotation and if it doesn’t work out he becomes part of the pen. There’s just too much upside there.
    My thought process keeps bringing me back to Sanchez and how he could have had a great career if they just kept him in the pen after he developed the blister issues.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    14,936
    If there's a team that covets him, deal him.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    58,926
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    My thought process keeps bringing me back to Sanchez and how he could have had a great career if they just kept him in the pen after he developed the blister issues.
    He's doing well as a starter this year isnt he?

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    12,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    He's doing well as a starter this year isnt he?
    Sanchez? He hasnt pitched since early May with bicep tightness

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •