Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Sanchez? He hasnt pitched since early May with bicep tightness

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Oh I mixed him up with Descalfani. Looks like Sanchez did well for those 6 starts though yea hes been out since with a bicep injury. Its not a blister so im sure teams will take a other gamble at him this offseason.

Pearson is a thrower not a pitcher. He'll never make it unless he can establish fast ball command.

Send him to the minors for a full year.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Send him to the minors for a full year.
    This is right

Glad to see people are slowly coming around on what I had been saying since last year. You can't make it as a starter with 2 pitches. Especially when your fastball is straight as an arrow. Make him a full time reliever.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    Pearson is a thrower not a pitcher. He'll never make it unless he can establish fast ball command.
    Thats why he needs to be in the minors for a full year. If he doesnt have good pitches or only has 2 pitches, the solution is to groom them to gave better congrol/more pitches. Not shut the door early on them.

Thats why he needs to be in the minors for a full year. If he doesnt have good pitches or only has 2 pitches, the solution is to groom them to gave better congrol/more pitches. Not shut the door early on them.
    Or you play to his strengths and send him to the pen. That way his fastball can be thrown at 100 mph as opposed to 95 mph.

they cannot put in back in the minors, it's not challenging enough for him to improve his control/command

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    they cannot put in back in the minors, it's not challenging enough for him to improve his control/command
    He barely spent time in AAA. He needs to be stretched out anyway.

If he doesnt show development in AAA as a starter, then you can consider moving him to pen. All relievers are failed starters anyway. Need the guy to fail first.

I mentioned this before, he is far too concerned with breaking velocity records than he is becoming a great pitcher. And with that type of mindset, he is far better off as a one inning guy.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I mentioned this before, he is far too concerned with breaking velocity records than he is becoming a great pitcher. And with that type of mindset, he is far better off as a one inning guy.
    It's in his head, just look at his body language.

He barely spent time in AAA. He needs to be stretched out anyway.

If he doesnt show development in AAA as a starter, then you can consider moving him to pen. All relievers are failed starters anyway. Need the guy to fail first.
    I've been saying all along he hasn't really failed yet as a starter to make him a reliever. However, bouncing him around like this and then with the injuries...etc just leave him as an rp for now see what he can do

I've been saying all along he hasn't really failed yet as a starter to make him a reliever. However, bouncing him around like this and then with the injuries...etc just leave him as an rp for now see what he can do
    Not to mention if he becomes a lights-out closer then only 2 (maybe 3 if you want an insane BP like the royals had in 16) holes remaining.

If he cannot stay healthy as a reliever then we can assume he wasnt going to make it as a starter.

It's in his head, just look at his body language.
    Love the new profile pic.

Give him a year in the minors and if he doesnt show promise I dont mind moving him to the pen. But not gonna write him off or stunt his development by trying to meet team needs unless needed. Hes been injured most of the year antway

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast