Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 204
  1. #136
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    11,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I was asking about beyond this season . And I already know the trade wonít happen anyway
    the only way to reset the tax is staying under 210m, so the only way Maxs money matters is if we traded for him.. can't trade for him and stay under the luxury tax, so that is not remotely close to what you said

  2. #137
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    11,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Will Breaux be ready before the end of next season ?

    As for florial him being able to stay healthy and play good defense would be enough for me to have him replace hicks , atleast until Dominguez is ready anyway . And yes I am saying Dominguez wonít be traded for max because I doubt that trade happens .
    very likely Breaux will be ready to start the 23 season, could easily be an option before that...

    Florial has always gotten his freak injuries from diving and running into wall on defense so he's always going to give you 100% out there.
    Last edited by dayners81; 05-16-2021 at 03:15 PM.

  3. #138
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,437
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    the only way to reset the tax is staying under 210m, so the only way Maxs money matters is if we traded for him.. can't trade for him and stay under the luxury tax, so that is not remotely close to what you said
    Well unlike Hal I would say to hell with the luxury tax and go for it . But I am not Hal so that trade wonít happen . If max is traded he will likely go to an American League team and we would have a repeat of 2017 and that is if everything goes well for the Yankees .

  4. #139
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14,748
    Rough day for Monty.

    3IP 6H 5ER 2BB 4K

  5. #140
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14,748
    Excellent D by Frazier. Hell of a catch.

  6. #141
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    11,130
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Not me. Not a chance. I would consider guys not in the top 100. At this moment Dominguez is the Yanks top rated prospect at #27.
    If Medina keeps doing anything close to what he is now, he'll very, very likely be number 2 behind Dominguez by the break. If he does it all yr there is a chance he could pass Dominguez.

    If Peraza keeps going like he is, he's easily going to be a top 100 guy by mid season also, probably top 50. He's a plus or better defensive SS, with huge speed, power, controls the bat very well and makes lots of contact. That profile is very close to a number of middle INF in the top 25 right now.

    IMO the current ranking of our specs don't come close to accurately projecting our top 10. So, so much of our very best talent hasn't been seen in 2yrs. There is so much that changes with kids in that time frame, until we've seen what they can do now they are like now, we really don't know what we have.

    If your asking me to part with any of those 3 I gotta get back more than a rental, IMO

  7. #142
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    925
    If we say " pretty please, with sugar" to the Giants, can we please give them Peralta back and get Tauchman back. Then we can ditch Lamarre. King will get the loss today, but the L should go to Montgomery as he really ***** the bed today, blowing a 4-run lead.

  8. #143
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,924
    killer doubleplay by gio

  9. #144
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,437
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    If we say " pretty please, with sugar" to the Giants, can we please give them Peralta back and get Tauchman back. Then we can ditch Lamarre. King will get the loss today, but the L should go to Montgomery as he really ***** the bed today, blowing a 4-run lead.
    Cashman was such a stupid fool for doing that trade man

  10. #145
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,437
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    If Medina keeps doing anything close to what he is now, he'll very, very likely be number 2 behind Dominguez by the break. If he does it all yr there is a chance he could pass Dominguez.

    If Peraza keeps going like he is, he's easily going to be a top 100 guy by mid season also, probably top 50. He's a plus or better defensive SS, with huge speed, power, controls the bat very well and makes lots of contact. That profile is very close to a number of middle INF in the top 25 right now.

    IMO the current ranking of our specs don't come close to accurately projecting our top 10. So, so much of our very best talent hasn't been seen in 2yrs. There is so much that changes with kids in that time frame, until we've seen what they can do now they are like now, we really don't know what we have.

    If your asking me to part with any of those 3 I gotta get back more than a rental, IMO
    See thatís the thing , we donít know what we have with those guys . They could go south for all we know . 2 years without real development could set them back years too . I would still do that trade .

    Itís a good thing cashman wasnít in charge back in the mid 90s , or we never would have gotten Paul OíNeil , tino martinez and Nelson . And you wouldnít have wanted to do those trades either since they required trading players that were highly touted prospects from the yanks farm system
    Last edited by Posada20; 05-16-2021 at 04:07 PM.

  11. #146
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14,748
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    If Medina keeps doing anything close to what he is now, he'll very, very likely be number 2 behind Dominguez by the break. If he does it all yr there is a chance he could pass Dominguez.

    If Peraza keeps going like he is, he's easily going to be a top 100 guy by mid season also, probably top 50. He's a plus or better defensive SS, with huge speed, power, controls the bat very well and makes lots of contact. That profile is very close to a number of middle INF in the top 25 right now.

    IMO the current ranking of our specs don't come close to accurately projecting our top 10. So, so much of our very best talent hasn't been seen in 2yrs. There is so much that changes with kids in that time frame, until we've seen what they can do now they are like now, we really don't know what we have.

    If your asking me to part with any of those 3 I gotta get back more than a rental, IMO
    Day I trust your opinion. I don't follow the minor leagues any where close to the study you devote. It's appreciated.

    But as I have always maintained we can't fall in love with prospects. Many of us have accused and chastised Cashman for doing just that. Sometimes a prospects value is realized as a trade chip. Sometimes , in hindsight those deals are regretted. Sometimes heralded as brilliant. If moving prospects gets the Yankees closer to a WS bid, I'm all in.

    A few come to mind. Swisher, Abreu, Justice, Tino, Cone. Did the Yankees miss out by shipping , Jeffrey Marquez, Jhonny Nunez. How about Jake Westbrook, Ricky Ledee and Zach Day or Russ Davis ? Maybe Jason Jarvis, Mike Gordon and Marty Janzen?

  12. #147
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    38,646
    Cessa pitching scared



    Ignorance is bliss

  13. #148
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    11,130
    So, Cessa sucks....

  14. #149
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,437
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Day I trust your opinion. I don't follow the minor leagues any where close to the study you devote. It's appreciated.

    But as I have always maintained we can't fall in love with prospects. Many of us have accused and chastised Cashman for doing just that. Sometimes a prospects value is realized as a trade chip. Sometimes , in hindsight those deals are regretted. Sometimes heralded as brilliant. If moving prospects gets the Yankees closer to a WS bid, I'm all in.

    A few come to mind. Swisher, Abreu, Justice, Tino, Cone. Did the Yankees miss out by shipping , Jeffrey Marquez, Jhonny Nunez. How about Jake Westbrook, Ricky Ledee and Zach Day or Russ Davis ? Maybe Jason Jarvis, Mike Gordon and Marty Janzen?
    All I can say is thank goodness that cashman wasnít in charge back then because atleast most of those trades donít get done .

  15. #150
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    925
    Plenty of goat- horns to go around in this game, Montgomery,Peralta, Cessa just earned his although this game was probably lost before he made his contribution just now. Even Gio with his two killer GIDPs, probably costing Yanks 3-5 runs. We probably can cut him some slack since his 3-run dinger basically won Friday nights game.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •