Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Imo some of us are over valuing Yankee prospects. Save for Dominguez at #27, Schmidt at #76 and Garcia at #87 Yanks don't have anyone else in top 100. To put Gil, Medina, Peraza et.al. in untouchable category might be a bit short sighted.

They gave Kluber 11M on a one year deal at age 35. A 3 time all star and 2X Cy Young winner. Not that I am advocating a deal, just offering some perspective. Scherzer is on the books for $35 million this season, so any club trading for him at the deadline would be on the hook for about $12M. He is 37 and a seven-time All-Star and three-time Cy Young Award winner. At 37 he is currently pitching to a 2.10ERA on a bad team! In 51 IP he has 68K's and a .760 WHIP. At his age he's already pitched a shut out and complete games. He is currently 4th in K's among active pitchers.

He may have pitched one of the best games of the century, Scherzerís 17-strikeout, no-walk, no-hitter against the Mets.

Scherzer was just one strike away from a perfect game, but Pirates pinch hitter Jose Tabata was awarded first base after being hit by a pitch on his elbow. There was some controversy on the play, as it looked like Tabata leaned into the pitch. His next start (?) he pitched a no-hitter against the Pirates, fanning 10 with no walks.

My only point, he ain't chopped liver. Prospects not in the top 100 are worth dealing.
    My feeling is those ranking could change quite a bit. With no season last year, guys working and growing, some may jump up the chart.

I donít want a 3-4 month rental for players that could be ready in a year or so.

Ignorance is bliss

disappointed in monty had a 4-0 lead before he even threw a pitch. when the yanks take a 4-0 lead vs the birds i expected a win now game is tied

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    disappointed in monty had a 4-0 lead before he even threw a pitch. when the yanks take a 4-0 lead vs the birds i expected a win now game is tied
    And some people here donít think they need help with the rotation .....

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    My feeling is those ranking could change quite a bit. With no season last year, guys working and growing, some may jump up the chart.

I donít want a 3-4 month rental for players that could be ready in a year or so.
    And I donít see the logic in wasting a couple more seasons on guys that ď couldĒ be ready in 2 years ...

I for one am sick and tired of wasting season after season waiting on unproven prospects to see how they pan out . Itís an endless cycle that mostly leads nowhere
    Last edited by Posada20; 05-16-2021 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Imo some of us are over valuing Yankee prospects. Save for Dominguez at #27, Schmidt at #76 and Garcia at #87 Yanks don't have anyone else in top 100. To put Gil, Medina, Peraza et.al. in untouchable category might be a bit short sighted.

They gave Kluber 11M on a one year deal at age 35. A 3 time all star and 2X Cy Young winner. Not that I am advocating a deal, just offering some perspective. Scherzer is on the books for $35 million this season, so any club trading for him at the deadline would be on the hook for about $12M. He is 37 and a seven-time All-Star and three-time Cy Young Award winner. At 37 he is currently pitching to a 2.10ERA on a bad team! In 51 IP he has 68K's and a .760 WHIP. At his age he's already pitched a shut out and complete games. He is currently 4th in K's among active pitchers.

He may have pitched one of the best games of the century, Scherzerís 17-strikeout, no-walk, no-hitter against the Mets.

Scherzer was just one strike away from a perfect game, but Pirates pinch hitter Jose Tabata was awarded first base after being hit by a pitch on his elbow. There was some controversy on the play, as it looked like Tabata leaned into the pitch. His next start (?) he pitched a no-hitter against the Pirates, fanning 10 with no walks.

My only point, he ain't chopped liver. Prospects not in the top 100 are worth dealing.
    Scherzer also has 105M in deferred for the next 7 years, 15M a year! Someone smarter than me can explain how deferred money works lol

Quote Originally Posted by 808yankee View Post
    Scherzer also has 105M in deferred for the next 7 years, 15M a year! Someone smarter than me can explain how deferred money works lol
    Well I have one question , after the luxury tax threshold is reset after this season , does it really matter what max is owed beyond this season ?

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    As long as wells and florial arenít part of that deal I am open to trading anyone else to make that deal happen . We are talking about a ticket to the ws , a championship run here that is within our grasp for the first time in over 10 years .
    So you would trade Dominguez for Max ? and the only reason you care whatsoever about Florial and Wells is because you think those guys will be the quickest in house options to get rid of Sanchez and Hicks

Well I have one question , after the luxury tax threshold is reset after this season , does it really matter what max is owed be one this season ?
    because they have to stay under 210m for the whole yr to reset the LT not just part of it . Add Max you don't reset the LT, the penalties increase drastically as a 3rd time offender.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    So you would trade Dominguez for Max ? and the only reason you care whatsoever about Florial and Wells is because you think those guys will be the quickest in house options to get rid of Sanchez and Hicks
    Yes I would since Dominguez is about 3 years away from making the roster. And that is if everything goes well . I am more worried about today and tomorrow than next week or next month . Again no one player is worth sacrificing the next 2 to 3 seasons on waiting to see how they pan out . This is the new York Yankees , a team that is supposed to be built to win a ws NOW not in 3 years .....

The current window has this season and next season left in it since they will be potentially losing big pieces of this team after next season . After next season we donít really know what the team will look like other than cole still being in the rotation .

As for hicks and Sanchez, you yourself said they shouldnít extend him so if wells is traded who replaces Sanchez ? And wrist problems like the one hicks has are often the beginning of the end for baseball careers . And if you donít believe me just look at what happened with Nick Johnson and mark texiera , Johnson retired because of them and tex retired early because of his past injuries to his wrists . So yeah florial needs to be kept as hicks replacement unless they trade for another center fielder .
    Last edited by Posada20; 05-16-2021 at 02:50 PM.

because they have to stay under 210m for the whole yr to reset the LT not just part of it . Add Max you don't reset the LT, the penalties increase drastically as a 3rd time offender.
    I was asking about beyond this season . And I already know the trade wonít happen anyway

Yes I would since Dominguez is about 3 years away from making the roster. And that is if everything goes well . I am more worried about today and tomorrow than next week or next month . Again no one player is worth sacrificing the next 2 to 3 seasons on waiting to see how they pan out . This is the new York Yankees , a team that is supposed to be built to win a ws NOW not in 3 years .....

The current window has this season and next season left in it since they will be potentially losing big pieces of this team after next season . After next season we donít really know what the team will look like other than cole still being in the rotation .

As for hicks and Sanchez, you yourself said they shouldnít extend him so if wells is traded who replaces Sanchez ? And wrist problems like the one hicks has are often the beginning of the end for baseball careers . And if you donít believe me just look at what happened with Nick Johnson and mark texiera , Johnson retired because of them and tex retired early because of his past injuries to his wrists . So yeah florial needs to be kept as hicks replacement unless they trade for another center fielder .
    We're never going to agree about guys like Dominguez, so i will just leave it alone. I just have to say this, neither of us know when he could be up. He could be up by the end of next yr or 4yrs
    I have no problem giving Florial a look and would love to see him do well enough to replace Hicks full time. He's just gotta prove he can hit .240-.250 at the MLB Level.. The rest of the tools are MLB ready

Josh Breaux would be my call to replace Sanchez and he fits the timeline. Breaux has become one of the best receiving C in this system, has a plus plus arm and a monster bat profile
    Last edited by dayners81; 05-16-2021 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 808yankee View Post
    In January 2015, the Nationals agreed to sign him to a 7 year/$210 million contract. As part of the agreement though, Scherzer deferred all of his normal compensation from 2019 to 2021 to be paid across seven years after his contract expires (Though he still receives $15 million each year as part of his original signing bonus.) By doing so, this reduced the NPV of the contract by $18.6 million helping the Nationals reduce their luxury tax hit by $2.65 million per season.

Effectively, they signed Scherzer for $105 million over the seven years that heíll pitch for them, and then theyíll pay him the next $105 million after the contract ends, making this the most deferred money contract in baseball history. You may recall Bobby Bonillaís deal with the Mets that has them paying him through the 2035 season.

Per Cotís Contracts, the breakdown looks like this:

$50M signing bonus, with $5 million payable in 2015 and $15 million in 2019, 2020, 2021
    2015: $10 million salary
    2016-2018: $15 million salary annually
    2019-21: $35 million salary annually, deferred interest free, totaling $105M
    2022-28: $15 million payments on that deferment

Contract ends in 2021 with the $35M payment. The deferred salary is part of original deal signed with Nats.

I won't pretend to be smarter than anyone, just enjoy researching details.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Decent AB by Gary. He just missed that

Ignorance is bliss

Not me. Not a chance. I would consider guys not in the top 100. At this moment Dominguez is the Yanks top rated prospect at #27.

We're never going to agree about guys like Dominguez, so i will just leave it alone. I just have to say this, neither of us know when he could be up. He could be up by the end of next yr or 4yrs
    I have no problem giving Florial a look and would love to see him do well enough to replace Hicks full time. He's just gotta prove he can hit .240-.250 at the MLB of Level.. The rest of the tools are MLB ready

Josh Breaux would be my call to replace Sanchez and he fits the timeline. Breaux has become one of the best receiving C in this system, has a plus plus arm and a monster bat profile
    Will Breaux be ready before the end of next season ?

As for florial him being able to stay healthy and play good defense would be enough for me to have him replace hicks , atleast until Dominguez is ready anyway . And yes I am saying Dominguez wonít be traded for max because I doubt that trade happens .
    Last edited by Posada20; 05-16-2021 at 03:11 PM.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast