Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Sorry but they need to stop selling out the prime cole years for potential talent 3 plus years down the road .
    I don't disagree, I'm just saying my opinion of what Hal and Cash will do.

IMO, with Sevy coming back and the rotation looking like a strength, beside Taillon I don't see them giving up multiple key piece specs and taking that much money back.. If they think Sevy is going to return to TOR form thats a 2nd ace in their book..

If they don't think he's going to be that or Kluber is going to fall off this is a different conversation or if something else goes sideways.

Is 2-3 months of Max worth close to what it would cost to get Hendricks or Castillio? because thats what your likely going to be asked to pay.

IMO they are counting alot on Sevy to return to form and be that addition they would really benefit

If Hicks is going on the IL that probably means surgery. That means some combo Gardy, Florial, Allen in CF for the rest of the yr and Clint/ Andujar in LF. Hard to get to the WS when your starting CFer and LFer are batting under .200.

IMO, considering what he already have for pitching and what coming back and up, right now I see a bat as a much bigger concern for Hal and Cash vs the rotation.

Hal refused to go 1 cent over 210m this winter when we could have had guys like Darvish, Lynn or other for pennies on the dollar. Now we think he's going to be willing to take on15-20m for a 3 month rental ?? realistically I don't see it and i would be thrilled to be wrong, depending on the cost

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post

IMO, with Sevy coming back and the rotation looking like a strength, beside Taillon I don't see them giving up multiple key piece specs and taking that much money back.. If they think Sevy is going to return to TOR form thats a 2nd ace in their book..

If they don't think he's going to be that or Kluber is going to fall off this is a different conversation or if something else goes sideways.

Is 2-3 months of Max worth close to what it would cost to get Hendricks or Castillio? because thats what your likely going to be asked to pay.

IMO they are counting alot on Sevy to return to form and be that addition they would really benefit

If Hicks is going on the IL that probably means surgery. That means some combo Gardy, Florial, Allen in CF for the rest of the yr and Clint/ Andujar in LF. Hard to get to the WS when your starting CFer and LFer are batting under .200.

IMO, considering what he already have for pitching and what coming back and up, right now I see a bat as a much bigger concern for Hal and Cash vs the rotation.

Hal refused to go 1 cent over 210m this winter when we could have had guys like Darvish, Lynn or other for pennies on the dollar. Now we think he's going to be willing to take on15-20m for a 3 month rental ?? realistically I don't see it and i would be thrilled to be wrong, depending on the cost
    I can agree with all that but at the same time I think It would be foolish to assume sevy will have a large impact on the starting rotation this season . They need to go for it regardless the price it takes for max . The only ones I wouldnít put in that trade is wells or florial

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Would you give them Gil or Medina and Peraza ? Unless Florial goes nuts between now and the deadline i'm not sure he alone would be enough to outbid teams like STL, Toronto, LAA and Chicago is rumored to be interested also. I would really struggle giving up any of Gil, Medina, Peraza, Dominguez or Wells for a rental. What about 1 of Monty or German? IMO the asking price is going to be through the roof for him. What would the CWS give up to have a rotation of Max, Keuchal,Gio, Lynn. Toronto would have a hell of a 1-2 punch with Max and Ryu..

One way that might work in our favor is Washington has a bottom 3 system. They may prefer a quantity over quality type deal. 3-4 b level specs that are in the lower levels still might interest them more than 1 top spec and a lottery ticket or 2

I'm sure we could find a package that would work but what about the money he's owed? Washington isn't going to eat any of this yrs money and he would still have close to 18M left around the deadline... I'm just not believing Hal will go for that.

Do you think trading for Max would almost guarantee us a WS appearance?? Unless we can get the offense to consistently throw up more runs, i'm not sure
    Now way am I parting with those 3 or even 2 of those 3 for Scherzer. I am not parting with Peraza. I feel like he's playing his way into untouchable or touchable only for a guy like Bieber.

I am fine with this rotation and for me, there is no way I am dealing that much talent and depth for soon to be 37 year old rental.

Ignorance is bliss

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang

100% to the bolded. I don't think it is remotely worth it to sign Max. They should only do it if the Nats want to dump salary and they can get a really fair deal.
    I said in my previous post that Peraza is playing his way into that "untouchable" territory. Or only available for guys like Castillo, Bieber type deal.
    Also as you stated, if Sevy comes back and is even 90% of what he was, he is still a solid #2.
    Cole-Sevy-Kluber-German-Monty, is a very good rotation. I am very confident with that.
    I would rather take a starter from within than give up that much for Sherzer as a rental

If they lose hick for the year, I say just hand the keys to either Florial. Give him the confidence that he's the guy and live with the growing pains. If he bombs out for a month, bring up Allen or Trey.

Ignorance is bliss

You are right on target. I should know at this point unsubstantiated rumors are called such for good reason, and require no comment. No excuse.

Younger cheaper alternatives are available if it comes to that. You have more confidence than I. Hope I am dead wrong.

IMO Scherzer isnít worth giving up so much young talent, now if he was 5 years younger, yes but not now. Even though heís still great, heís 36 years old and probably just a rental. Besides, pitching is not the problem at the moment. Cole had been the dominant ace we all thought, Kluber has been rock solid and German and Montgomery have been solid as well. Severino and Garcia are waiting in the wings should Taillon not improve or an injury happen. The only way Iíd consider Scherzer is if someone else gets hurt.

Another series win, another solid outing by Germann, nice to see Luke starting to come around, and slowly but surely Sanchez is making some noise! Did anyone else see that guy catch Judges HR ball while holding a baby? AND he was sitting down [emoji1][emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by strahan92osi72 View Post
    IMO Scherzer isnít worth giving up so much young talent, now if he was 5 years younger, yes but not now. Even though heís still great, heís 36 years old and probably just a rental. Besides, pitching is not the problem at the moment. Cole had been the dominant ace we all thought, Kluber has been rock solid and German and Montgomery have been solid as well. Severino and Garcia are waiting in the wings should Taillon not improve or an injury happen. The only way Iíd consider Scherzer is if someone else gets hurt.
    So you would rather waste another prime year of cole in order to save some unproven talent that we wonít see in the majors for another 2 or 3 years . Great

His many seasons since last WS for Yankees?

I think Hal wants to end the drought and will do whatever in 2021.

This is turning into the 79-95 season drought.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 05-16-2021 at 11:38 AM.
    Soundgarden
    1. Fell on Black Days( Cornell with vocal perfection)
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    His many seasons since last WS for Yankees?

I think Hal wants to end the drought and will do whatever in 2021.

This is turning into the 79-95 season drought.
    Hal wonít do anything at the deadline

To replace Hicks on the roster, the Yankees will recall Ryan Lamarre. Seriously WTF i don't even know who that is ??

Talkman hit another HR today... brilliant move to leave us with this little OF depth

That's the best they can do? So we go from mediocre to bad. Nice downgrade. And I'll ask then same question. WHO?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

No John Means today. Let's get the broom out and do a sweep of Camden yards.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    No John Means today. Let's get the broom out and do a sweep of Camden yards.
    2 games in a row gio had the bases loaded no outs in the 1st inning and failed both times..could have bad a big first inning..

gary is showing some life lately.. had 2 rbi's yesterday got robbed of a 3 run home of later in the game and now he hits a 2 run home run..

clint with a dinger yanks with a big first inning after all..

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast