Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    So who in the BP goes when Brit gets back. I can't imagine they will keep all those LH relievers ? Wandy has an option left, do you send him down even though he's been really pretty good ? I know alot of teams are desperately searching for BP help, could they try and flip Wandy or one of Luetge or Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    So who in the BP goes when Brit gets back. I can't imagine they will keep all those LH relievers ? Wandy has an option left, do you send him down even though he's been really pretty good ? I know alot of teams are desperately searching for BP help, could they try and flip Wandy or one of Luetge or Wilson
    I figure it’s either Cessa or leutge

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I figure it’s either Cessa or leutge
    They really like Leutge, he's got crazy elite spin rates and Cessa really hasn't been bad either.. they probably send down King again

Wade now has the highest BA on the team,LOL.... how can a guy that fast not have a SB yet DJ has 2...

Nice problem to have. That said I have a gut feeling a deal for rotation help is in the future. BP is solid.

Wade now has the highest BA on the team,LOL.... how can a guy that fast not have a SB yet DJ has 2...
    But I thought wade sucked and had no business being a starting ss on this team

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Nice problem to have. That said I have a gut feeling a deal for rotation help is in the future. BP is solid.
    With Sevy coming back you think they still go after a starter?? I think they may need a bat worse than they need a starter IMO..

It will be interesting to see what the Nats will ask for Max. He's making 36m this yr and has another 105M in differed money. I don't think there is any chance Hal will ok picking up 20m plus and give up a nice spec package for him

I don’t see anything being done at the deadline other than a move like the last two cashman made last month
    Last edited by Posada20; 05-15-2021 at 09:47 PM.

With Sevy coming back you think they still go after a starter?? I think they may need a bat worse than they need a starter IMO..

It will be interesting to see what the Nats will ask for Max. He's making 36m this yr and has another 105M in differed money. I don't think there is any chance Hal will ok picking up 20m plus and give up a nice spec package for him
    You may be right. Depending on Hicks health they may be forced to. Hicks, Stanton and Urshela are all day to day. Torres will be out at least another week? All depends on testing. Frazier looks lost and Gardy is showing his age.

I agree getting Sevy back is a plus. Question remains when and in what shape? Can we expect the old Sevy from the outset? How much time will he need?

How confident are you in the starters behind Cole? German has looked good but clearly has problems with his command and his mistakes leave the park. Monty has looked good. Tallion and Kliber don't instill much confidence. Garcia and King are options, but is that enough to hang your post season aspirations on? I know several on the kids have looked good and may get an opportunity at the ML level. Again are the Yankees willing to hang their hat on them?

Yankees have been rumored as the likely landing spot for Max. I guess we wait and see where things are at the deadline. Very expensive for a half season rental, more so when you factor in the likely potential spects the Nats would likely demand. One or more of García, Schmidt, Medina, Florial or Peraza.
    Last edited by drt1010; 05-15-2021 at 10:05 PM.

You may be right. Depending on Hicks health they may be forced to. Hicks, Stanton and Urshela are all day to day. Torres will be out at least another week? All depends on testing. Frazier looks lost and Gardy is showing his age.

I agree getting Sevy back is a plus. Question remains when and in what shape? Can we expect the old Sevy from the outset? How much time will he need?

How confident are you in the starters behind Cole? German has looked good but clearly has problems with his command and his mistakes leave the park. Monty has looked good. Tallion and Kliber don't instill much confidence. Garcia and King are options, but id that enough to hang your post season aspirations on? I know several on the kids have looked good and may get an opportunity at the ML level. Again are the Yankees willing to hang their hat on them?

Yankees have been rumored as the likely landing spot for Max. I guess we wait and see where things are at the deadline. Very expensive for a half season rental, more so when you factor in the likely potential spects the Nats would likely demand. One or more of García, Schmidt, Medina, Florial or Peraza.
    Florial won’t be traded at the deadline with hicks not being able to stay healthy and stanton a full time dh

What is Scherzer worth back to back with Cole in the post season? Think about it.

Top 100 prospects seem negligible. Also keep in mind there will be plenty of comp for Max, Yankees are certainly not a given to land him. If it would take Florial + to land him imo, the Yanks make the move. OFers are plentiful, aces not so. Particularly when you are talking unproven prospects.

How confident are you in the starters behind Cole? German has looked good but clearly has problems with his command and his mistakes leave the park. Monty has looked good. Tallion and Kliber don't instill much confidence. Garcia and King are options, but id that enough to hang your post season aspirations on? I know several on the kids have looked good and may get an opportunity at the ML level. Again are the Yankees willing to hang their hat on them?

You know my confidence in Kluber, Monty and German is pretty good. Taillon just doesn't have the stuff anymore to pitch the way he is now. The FB doesn't have the velo or spin to play well at the top of the zone and his SL and CU havent been consistent enough to keep hitters off balance

As far as Sevy, he's already throwing 96-97 but the real question is going to be the off speed stuff and the command. I would think they would like to see Sevy start 3-4 times before the deadline so they could get an idea of what they have in him. If he comes back anywhere close to normal I think were ok rotation wise. If Kluber can keep it up i think he makes a solid #2

would i love Max, absolutely but unless something goes really sideways with the rotation i'm not sure i believe Hal will ok taking on that kinda salary and meet their asking price for him. Would he be worth one of Devi or Schmidt, probably but i think another team may be willing to take on more money or give up a better spec package.

With the concern with Hicks injury combined with Clint and Gardy not hitting at all, i think we might need a bat. Gallo and Bryant are both available and both can play all 3 OF positions as well as 1st...

We're really fortunate that we have such BP depth.. their are alot of good teams with very bad BP's. We could flip a BP arm when Brit gets back and still be loaded back there.. If you have pitching to sell this yr your going to be able to get a ridiculous return.. I think your going to see price like we did when we flipped Miller and Chappy
    Last edited by dayners81; 05-15-2021 at 10:28 PM.

What is Scherzer worth back to back with Cole in the post season? Think about it.

Top 100 prospects seem negligible. Also keep in mind there will be plenty of comp for Max, Yankees are certainly not a given to land him. If it would take Florial + to land him imo, the Yanks make the move. OFers are plentiful, aces not so. Particularly when you are talking unproven prospects.
    Would you give them Gil or Medina and Peraza ? Unless Florial goes nuts between now and the deadline i'm not sure he alone would be enough to outbid teams like STL, Toronto, LAA and Chicago is rumored to be interested also. I would really struggle giving up any of Gil, Medina, Peraza, Dominguez or Wells for a rental. What about 1 of Monty or German? IMO the asking price is going to be through the roof for him. What would the CWS give up to have a rotation of Max, Keuchal,Gio, Lynn. Toronto would have a hell of a 1-2 punch with Max and Ryu..

One way that might work in our favor is Washington has a bottom 3 system. They may prefer a quantity over quality type deal. 3-4 b level specs that are in the lower levels still might interest them more than 1 top spec and a lottery ticket or 2

I'm sure we could find a package that would work but what about the money he's owed? Washington isn't going to eat any of this yrs money and he would still have close to 18M left around the deadline... I'm just not believing Hal will go for that.

Do you think trading for Max would almost guarantee us a WS appearance?? Unless we can get the offense to consistently throw up more runs, i'm not sure

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman

I don't know if the Yankees will he willing to trade florial right now. He's the only OF on the 40 right now that's not on the 26 man.

With the injuries to Hicks and Stanton..also given how injury prone those two are, plus judges injury history..Gardner and Frazier not hitting their way out of a paper bag, I don't think they'll be willing to move him right now.

Also, florial also hasn't been exactly lighting it up. Before the trip to Triple-A, he was hitting in the 230s with 4 home runs in 8 hits. So don't think he's too valuable right now.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

You know my confidence in Kluber, Monty and German is pretty good. Taillon just doesn't have the stuff anymore to pitch the way he is now. The FB doesn't have the velo or spin to play well at the top of the zone and his SL and CU have been consistent enough to keep hitters off balance

As far as Sevy, he's already throwing 96-97 but the real question is going to be the off speed stuff and the command. I would think they would like to see Sevy start 3-4 times before the deadline so they could get an idea of what they have in him. If he comes back anywhere close to normal I think were ok rotation wise. If Kluber can keep it up i think he makes a solid #2

would i love Max, absolutely but unless something goes really sideways with the rotation i'm not sure i believe Hal will ok taking on that kinda salary and meet their asking price for him. Would he be worth one of Devi or Schmidt, probably but i think another team may be willing to take on more money or give up a better spec package.

With the concern with Hicks injury combined with Clint and Gardy not hitting at all, i think we might need a bat. Gallo and Bryant are both available and both can play all 3 OF positions as well as 1st...

We're really fortunate that we have such BP depth.. their are alot of good teams with very bad BP's. We could flip a BP arm when Brit gets back and still be loaded back there.. If you have pitching to sell this yr your going to be able to get a ridiculous return.. I think your going to see price like we did when we flipped Miller and Chappy
    Therein lies the problem. I tend to agree, Hal and Cashman will look for cheaper options.

I don't have confidence in Kluber. ( I hope to be proven wrong and will gladly eat crow.) German and Monty yes. BP is certainly a strength and will only get better once Britton returns. I also agree it will be a sellers market that the Yankees could easily capitalize.

The offense has looked anemic at times. Preseason on paper who would have predicted it would look this bad. Imo Frazier has been a huge disappointment thus far. Hicks injury is clearly a set back, prognosis remains a problem. I assume once it's clearer the decisions will follow suit. Will they bring up Florial. Is it a realistic option? The move up to AAA suggests it's possible. Question, is he ready? Is he the answer? Florial has played 10 professional games above the High-A level. Gallo power and HR potential to go along with an inordinately high K%.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast