Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    I'm rooting for Frazier, but he's literally begging to be benched at this point. When you're .140 you just can't be making dumb mistakes running the bases. The same goes for Wade, who can't even bunt properly and now he can't even keep balls in his glove, smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Makes sense since green has had problems in the past with homeruns
    Green has been a trusted reliever for a number of yrs now, Loaisiga has only been "trusted " this yr. IMO, Loaisiga has just been that good this yr.

My bet is he will either by our setup guy or closer after Chappy and Brit are gone

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Green has been a trusted reliever for a number of yrs now, Loaisiga has only been "trusted " this yr. IMO, Loaisiga has just been that good this yr.

My bet is he will either by our setup guy or closer after Chappy and Brit are gone
    Where were you when green had that bad stretch last season ? Or in 2019 when he gave up over 30 runs in 69 innings? I never said he was bad , just that he has had problems with hrs in the past. I do think laosigia could be the set up man in the future .

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Where were you when green had that bad stretch last season ? Or in 2019 when he gave up over 30 runs in 69 innings? I never said he was bad , just that he has had problems with hrs in the past. I do think laosigia could be the set up man in the future .
    In another thread you posted that Chappy had a problem with the HR until it was proven with facts that he indeed doesn’t have a problem with that. My point being is that I think you use a situation over actual stats at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    In another thread you posted that Chappy had a problem with the HR until it was proven with facts that he indeed doesn’t have a problem with that. My point being is that I think you use a situation over actual stats at times.

Chapman has had problems with the hr ball , again did you forget he was burned by the hr ball in the last two post seasons ? Now I never said he gave up a lot of hrs , just that he has had problems with the hr ball at times . And so has green

Giancarlo Stanton (quadriceps) is "day to day, hopefully nothing more than that," according to Aaron Boone. It could be another day or two.

Great ph AB by Gio! Mr. Clutch!

So, should a thread be created about the new baseball? Seems like MLB decided to radically alter it, aka deaden, rather than a smaller tweak. I don't get it, yeah, it was clearly too much but is the solution to tweak it so much that its creating historically bad offensive #'s? Why? Seriously, why? Just silly me thinks ...

Fewest hits per game in baseball history:

7.74 hits, 2021
    7.75 hits, 1908
    7.91 hits, 1968
    7.92 hits, 1909
    8.04 hits, 1906
    Early, sss, whatever but still, why mlb?

We're getting close to 25% of the season so that's not exactly a SSS. They have obviously deaden the ball to much. I didn't think last yrs ball was that bad... I absolutely love a great pitchers duel but less than 8 hits a game over and over sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    We're getting close to 25% of the season so that's not exactly a SSS. They have obviously deaden the ball to much. I didn't think last yrs ball was that bad... I absolutely love a great pitchers duel but less than 8 hits a game over and over sucks.
    After a silly sprint season, why drastically change the ball? I mean, a little, maybe, but this? Just don't get it... wouldn't they want a good dose of offense? Like you, I enjoy a good pitchers duel, but not this often.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY09 View Post
    Early, sss, whatever but still, why mlb?
    another attempt to speed up the game? I know it isn't working but maybe they figured less offense, faster game time. I mean they could cut 2 minutes of commercials every inning and cut the game time by 20 minutes...

Or as I hold as a truth, Manfred is clueless and the worst Commissioner of any major sport, ever.
    I think he is a fool and at the root of all of this.

Ignorance is bliss

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    I'm rooting for Frazier, but he's literally begging to be benched at this point. When you're .140 you just can't be making dumb mistakes running the bases. The same goes for Wade, who can't even bunt properly and now he can't even keep balls in his glove, smh.
    Frazier's ABs have been getting better and better. It's funny because he makes base running mistakes after a slump.
    Last nights wasn't nearly as bad as last weeks. He thought the ball was caught. I chalk that more up to a physical mistake than a mental one like the one before.

Ignorance is bliss

I for one am fine with how things are . I am glad they deadened the ball. If they keep it then it would force the hitting approach to change from the all or nothing approach

Had to love seeing the pure joy in Gio’s face after hitting that HR, and also pointing to our dugout, not showing up our opponents. Give me 9 Gio’s any day!
    Also very encouraging seeing Loisaga closing out the game, we’ve seen him go the seventh and the eighth against the rays and close tonight this week and both very solid performances.
    I’m also concerned with the dead bat society but with what little room we have for payroll I’m wondering just how much Cashman can do? I’d like to see Florial be given a shot,as many others have stated and honestly with the way our outfield is hitting could we be any worse?
    With this dead ball maybe we’re just gonna have to get used to these gut check wins. And on the very bright side if our pitching continues the way it has we’re in good shape for that.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast