Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    You cut the crap . You are the one who used the relocation tactic by bringing up age when the article clearly didnít bring up age and I didnít either. My only point was that two Tommy Johns shorten careers , that is it. . Regardless of age . And I already poked holes in age being a factor when I brought up Christian Garcia as an example of a young pitcher whoís career was derailed by two Tommy Johns . The reason why itís happening to younger pitchers too is because how they throw and how many innings they threw in the minors and long before that . Not age so try again. If age was truly a factor you wouldnít be seeing so many pitchers getting Tommy Johns before the age of 30 these days .

It's not age? Then pitchers are getting younger each year? Age isn't a factor? He didn't say age was the cause. You didn't read. If the concept that a pitcher's age and recovery have a correlation is too far over your head to grasp, so be it.
    The majority of TJ were on kids under the age of 20. Tallion was 22 when he had his first, so that is not the average, that is old for the first one. He was 27 for the next one. He was older. The ability to heal diminishes. Not significantly but enough to affect a recovery. The tissue they use to repair the arm, is older. Age matters.

If wear and tear has a factor, so does age. Recovery is affected by age.

Ignorance is bliss

Cant agree the offense is to blame when the pitching alllowed 8 runs . If the pitching is any good 5 runs should be enough to win the game .
    True, but again tho, after the first inning they did very little. And seemed to be sleepwalking against a minor league pitcher.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by strahan92osi72 View Post
    True, but again tho, after the first inning they did very little. And seemed to be sleepwalking against a minor league pitcher.
    They blew a bunch of chances. I think 14 left on?
    10 ks vs those pitchers was bad.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    2 games in a row gio had the bases loaded no outs in the 1st inning and failed both times..could have bad a big first inning..

They did have a big 1st inning. They scored 4 runs and a 3 run first on Saturday. You should be happy with that but of course you're not Amazing. I'll take a 3 or 4 run first inning every day of the week.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

As long as wells and florial arenít part of that deal I am open to trading anyone else to make that deal happen . We are talking about a ticket to the ws , a championship run here that is within our grasp for the first time in over 10 years .

WHAT? They haven't made a RUN in over 10 yeas? Where have you been the past 10 years?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

And I donít see the logic in wasting a couple more seasons on guys that ď couldĒ be ready in 2 years ...

I for one am sick and tired of wasting season after season waiting on unproven prospects to see how they pan out . Itís an endless cycle that mostly leads nowhere

So teams should just forget about their up and coming players. That sounds like a very STUPID idea.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Excellent D by Frazier. Hell of a catch.

Seems like Frazier has really improved his defense. He's made some really great catches.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    Plenty of goat- horns to go around in this game, Montgomery,Peralta, Cessa just earned his although this game was probably lost before he made his contribution just now. Even Gio with his two killer GIDPs, probably costing Yanks 3-5 runs. We probably can cut him some slack since his 3-run dinger basically won Friday nights game.

It BASICALLY won the game? LOL!!!
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by strahan92osi72 View Post
    Losing to the Oís is inexcusable but at least they still won the series. Monty was bad today but thatís why heís a back end starter, heís good when heís on but when heís not heís bad. If Cole, Kluber, or even German started today the Yankees wouldíve won after being spotted 4 runs in the first. Oh well, on to Texas.

So you expect them to beat the Orioles every game they play? While that would be nice, it's not how the real world works. The Orioles are going to win games, like it or not.

And I'd love to know how you know they would have won if someone else started. That's quite a talent you have. I once saw Clemens blow a 9 run lead against the Yankees. You NEVER know what's going to happen in a game, regardless of who's pitching.
    Last edited by YANKSGUY; 05-17-2021 at 11:25 AM.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314