Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    if a pitcher loses his spot in the rotation it will be monty the first to go..
    Monty has been doing better than tailon overall , how could you take Monty out of the rotation over a guy who has had two Tommy Johns ? The smarter thing would be to move tailon to the bullpen .

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Shhhh, the grown ups are talking
    Where are the adults ? because in your case i am just seeing someone talking nonsense about prospects who have yet to prove themselves and have lost a year or so in development.

But I will answer the question for you since refuse to .
    Christian Garcia was drafted by the Yankees in 2004 and only had one season in the majors.

So let me get this straight you are declaring a current Yankees pitching prospect untouchable because he is the best pitching prospect the yanks had since a guy that ended up only pitching one year in the majors and was last in baseball 7 years ago . Lol wow

And yes I know injuries derailed his career but that should teach you not to make any unproven prospect in the minors untouchable . Simply because they are not a sure thing
    Last edited by Posada20; 05-16-2021 at 05:41 PM.

You took the bait hook, line and sinker. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Where are the adults ? because in your case i am just seeing someone talking nonsense about prospects who have yet to prove themselves and have lost a year or so in development.

But I will answer the question for you since refuse to .
    Christian Garcia was drafted by the Yankees in 2004 and only had one season in the majors.

So let me get this straight you are declaring a current Yankees pitching prospect untouchable because he is the best pitching prospect the yanks had since a guy that ended up only pitching one year in the majors and was last in baseball 7 years ago . Lol wow

And yes I know injuries derailed his career but that should teach you not to make any unproven prospect in the minors untouchable . Simply because they are not a sure thing
    good for you, you can use google.

Losing to the Os is inexcusable but at least they still won the series. Monty was bad today but thats why hes a back end starter, hes good when hes on but when hes not hes bad. If Cole, Kluber, or even German started today the Yankees wouldve won after being spotted 4 runs in the first. Oh well, on to Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by strahan92osi72 View Post
    Losing to the Os is inexcusable but at least they still won the series. Monty was bad today but thats why hes a back end starter, hes good when hes on but when hes not hes bad. If Cole, Kluber, or even German started today the Yankees wouldve won after being spotted 4 runs in the first. Oh well, on to Texas.
    I agree with that, those 3 have been our best starters so far. Monty is a very solid 3-4 starter, he doesn't give up a ton of hard contact and at times can pitch like a TORP but he has these clunkers occasionally when his stuff is off. That said i would trust Monty with a playoff start more than German at this point based on his performance last yr.

I agree with that, those 3 have been our best starters so far. Monty is a very solid 3-4 starter, he doesn't give up a ton of hard contact and at times can pitch like a TORP but he has these clunkers occasionally when his stuff is off. That said i would trust Monty with a playoff start more than German at this point based on his performance last yr.
    Yes I agree, I would too. Monty is a bit more tested in big spots so Id probably give him the ball if I had to choose.

It is what it is , I am happy with 2 of 3 . Its not very easy to sweep a series .

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    if a pitcher loses his spot in the rotation it will be monty the first to go..
    No way, Taillon for sure.

No way, Taillon for sure.
    agreed, Also we already have 5LHed pitchers in the BP. We could use a RHed reliever that has better stuff than Cessa.
    Actually what i really think happens is the stack Sevy and Taillon. Let Sevy start and have Taillon ready to go as they stretch Sevy out.

IMO, based on what i've seen so far, they may need to rework Taillons pitches for him to be an effective starter. He doesn't have the velo or thr riding FB to live up in the zone like he's trying to do. He has to command that pitch so well for it to be truely effective. He might be better off going back to the sinker/ 2-seam

They also need to help him improve either his SL or CU, he needs a more effective off speed pitch that tunnels closer to his FB to help keep hitter off balance. He's been throwing the 4 seam up, its pretty easy to see that good CB coming when there is such a big velo gap in his 2 primary pitches

agreed, Also we already have 5LHed pitchers in the BP. We could use a RHed reliever that has better stuff than Cessa.
    Actually what i really think happens is the stack Sevy and Taillon. Let Sevy start and have Taillon ready to go as they stretch Sevy out.

IMO, based on what i've seen so far, they may need to rework Taillons pitches for him to be an effective starter. He doesn't have the velo or thr riding FB to live up in the zone like he's trying to do. He has to command that pitch so well for it to be truely effective. He might be better off going back to the sinker/ 2-seam

They also need to help him improve either his SL or CU, he needs a more effective off speed pitch that tunnels closer to his FB to help keep hitter off balance. He's been throwing the 4 seam up, its pretty easy to see that good CB coming when there is such a big velo gap in his 2 primary pitches
    Makes complete sense.

Just leave him in the bullpen after this season . He could considerably extend his career as a reliever

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Pot calling the kettle black right here .
    Awww. so quaintly, unoriginal. Like so many of your posts
    Just copy what others have said and pretend it was you. That's weak, even your own standards and by the way, it doesn't make you look any smarter. Not much will do that. At this point, nothing will.

Please post something moderately intelligent of your own creation for once.
    Your last 100 posts have been foolishly offensive to most of us, not because of anything other than the lack of serviceable content

Ignorance is bliss

Just leave him in the bullpen after this season . He could considerably extend his career as a reliever
    If he doesn't find some command he may not have much of a career to extend! His eight home runs allowed are tied for the fourth-most in the majors. His 74 ERA+ means he has been 26% worse than the league average. With a -0.2 bWAR and 0.4 fWAR. His FB is getting lit up, he throws that pitch 50.4% of the time. The highest % of his career. His K% (11.6 K/9) are the highest he's ever recorded. Bottom line he's getting hit and hit hard. He may be missing more bats, but those that are connecting are leaving the park or finding the gaps. He's throwing his 4 seam FB more with mixed results.

Serviceable content! Clown with the KO.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast