Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    So, Cessa sucks....
    Arenít you glad that cashman didnít trade him years ago because of his potential ?

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    So, Cessa sucks....
    I have to believe when Sevy comes back. Tallion takes over Cessa's role.
    Cessa has really been bad

He's not aggressive and he's getting killed by walks and dancing around the plate

Ignorance is bliss

yanks are 1-6 when they have a chance to sweep a series..

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Arenít you glad that cashman didnít trade him years ago because of his potential ?
    Awww so cute, little poop maker, hard at work, trolling away, making comments in hindsight in a pathetic attempt to sound knowledgable.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    yanks are 1-6 when they have a chance to sweep a series..
    Your point?

Sweeps are tough? Ok. That makes sense.

Ignorance is bliss

And today's 5th set of goat horns goes to manager Boone for ph'ing Ford for Wade with Yanks down in the 9th. If Ford had been the tying run there, it "might" have been justifiable as Ford more likely to homer than Wade, but down 5, Yanks needed baserunners to get to bringing up Judge with at least the tying run there. Wade hitting .318 and Ford at .095, Wade 3 times as likely to get a base hit. STUPID--Boone! Or I guess you could call it a " Boone-head" call there by him.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    And today's 5th set of goat horns goes to manager Boone for ph'ing Ford for Wade with Yanks down in the 9th. If Ford had been the tying run there, it "might" have been justifiable as Ford more likely to homer than Wade, but down 5, Yanks needed baserunners to get to bringing up Judge with at least the tying run there. Wade hitting .318 and Ford at .095, Wade 3 times as likely to get a base hit. STUPID--Boone! Or I guess you could call it a " Boone-head" call there by him.
    "We wanted to get him an AB to keep him sharp"

That is my guess.

I agree with you. I think it was silly. Let Wade get the reps.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Awww so cute, little poop maker, hard at work, trolling away, making comments in hindsight in a pathetic attempt to sound knowledgable.
    Pot calling the kettle black right here .

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Day I trust your opinion. I don't follow the minor leagues any where close to the study you devote. It's appreciated.

But as I have always maintained we can't fall in love with prospects. Many of us have accused and chastised Cashman for doing just that. Sometimes a prospects value is realized as a trade chip. Sometimes , in hindsight those deals are regretted. Sometimes heralded as brilliant. If moving prospects gets the Yankees closer to a WS bid, I'm all in.

A few come to mind. Swisher, Abreu, Justice, Tino, Cone. Did the Yankees miss out by shipping , Jeffrey Marquez, Jhonny Nunez. How about Jake Westbrook, Ricky Ledee and Zach Day or Russ Davis ? Maybe Jason Jarvis, Mike Gordon and Marty Janzen?
    Doc, I get it, i really do and i'm not saying i wouldn't give up anything of substantial value for him. If they want one of Devi or Schmidt and an Andujar or whatever else we need to get Max I'd definitely listen but i have 3 untouchable in that trade its Dominguez, Medina and Peraza.

To me those 3 aren't just good specs, their elite.

Dominguez at least talent/ ceiling wise is probably the beast combo of skillset that I remember us having since the 2000's. We'll see how he develops but for now based on all reports and info i've seen he's untouchable in a deal for a rental.

To me Medina is the best pitching spec we've had since Christian Garcia. We just had that scout say that Medina has a Cole like FB, a Verlander type CB and a Strasburg like CU.. The only issue has been command and that is greatly, greatly improved. He's got 21ks 7BB 2ERs and a 1.38 ERA so far this yr. He's got legit Ace stuff and isn't that far away. To me i gotta get more than a rental to part with that.

Peraza has the best combo of tools i've seen in an INF since Torres, maybe longer. He's elite defensively and has an elite arm so he projects to stick at SS but could play 2nd,SS, 3B and CF according to Yanks head of development. The speed and base running is a legit 80 grade tool. Were getting a glimpse at his bat now He's hitting over .350 with 5hrs 8 rbis in High A as a 21yrold I gotta get back more than a rental for him

I could make a strong case for Gil also but he's not quite on the same level as those 3 IMO. .anyone else i think is fair game ...

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I have to believe when Sevy comes back. Tallion takes over Cessa's role.
    Cessa has really been bad

He's not aggressive and he's getting killed by walks and dancing around the plate
    I hadn't thought of that role for Taillon but it makes a ton of sense to use him as a multi inning reliever . His FB/CB would play up out of the BP

I hadn't thought of that role for Taillon but it makes a ton of sense to use him as a multi inning reliever . His FB/CB would play up out of the BP
    I said that before when you first asked who is gone when Britton comes back . Abd that was Cessa

Doc, I get it, i really do and i'm not saying i wouldn't give up anything of substantial value for him. If they want one of Devi or Schmidt and an Andujar or whatever else we need to get Max I'd definitely listen but i have 3 untouchable in that trade its Dominguez, Medina and Peraza.

To me those 3 aren't just good specs, their elite.

Dominguez at least talent/ ceiling wise is probably the beast combo of skillset that I remember us having since the 2000's. We'll see how he develops but for now based on all reports and info i've seen he's untouchable in a deal for a rental.

To me Medina is the best pitching spec we've had since Christian Garcia. We just had that scout say that Medina has a Cole like FB, a Verlander type CB and a Strasburg like CU.. The only issue has been command and that is greatly, greatly improved. He's got 21ks 7BB 2ERs and a 1.38 ERA so far this yr. He's got legit Ace stuff and isn't that far away. To me i gotta get more than a rental to part with that.

Peraza has the best combo of tools i've seen in an INF since Torres, maybe longer. He's elite defensively and has an elite arm so he projects to stick at SS but could play 2nd,SS, 3B and CF according to Yanks head of development. The speed and base running is a legit 80 grade tool. Were getting a glimpse at his bat now He's hitting over .350 with 5hrs 8 rbis in High A as a 21yrold I gotta get back more than a rental for him

I could make a strong case for Gil also but he's not quite on the same level as those 3 IMO. .anyone else i think is fair game ...
    What happened to Christian Garcia ?

Sorry dup post ..

if a pitcher loses his spot in the rotation it will be monty the first to go..

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    What happened to Christian Garcia ?
    Shhhh, the grown ups are talking

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast