Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: All-NBA

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    no embiid first team my god you cant ever put your bias aside. Embiid and jokic should and will finish 1 and 2 in mvp voting yet somehow embiid isnt all nba first team
    Embiid won't be in it because he's been injured while Giannis+Jokic have not. The reason Giannis isn't higher for MVP voting is because of voter fatigue and because they looked like idiots voting for him and then for Giannis to wet the bed in the playoffs. Who even cares about these All-NBA teams in a COVID year? It's quite obvious that the players who SHOULD be there, aren't going to be because of injuries.

KD, Harden, LeBron (likely won't be first-team), AD....

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    Embiid won't be in it because he's been injured while Giannis+Jokic have not. The reason Giannis isn't higher for MVP voting is because of voter fatigue and because they looked like idiots voting for him and then for Giannis to wet the bed in the playoffs. Who even cares about these All-NBA teams in a COVID year? It's quite obvious that the players who SHOULD be there, aren't going to be because of injuries.

KD, Harden, LeBron (likely won't be first-team), AD....
    giannis was injured... giannis played 9 more games then joel while being a 3rd seed because we could rest joel because we dominated late. Do not put giannis in that jokic area when talking about missed games. Stop

Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    Wasn't aware he qualified as a forward since play by play data shows he's played 100% of his career minutes at Center, so my mistake.
    How did you not realize this? Kind of surprising since you're the smartest guy in the room at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    How did you not realize this? Kind of surprising since you're the smartest guy in the room at all times.
    And itís right there in the OP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

??? I just didn't hear about it until recently lol. What do you want me to say? OP mentioned in his post but I didn't see any actual reports until later on. I already said it was my mistake, is there anything else you'd like me to add?

its not that he didnt realize it... He just really really really hates embiid lol. I respect it. I have the same hate for curry but have learn to just accept greatness

its not that he didnt realize it... He just really really really hates embiid lol. I respect it. I have the same hate for curry but have learn to just accept greatness
    wait what?? I like Embiid lol. I think he's playing at an MVP level this year

You have? Break it down for me then, in a measurable, non-anecdotal way
    I shouldn't have to spell it out for you. Do some basic research, and you can see that Randle edges out Tatum in all the advanced statistics, despite having a slightly lower usage. Then there's the eye test, where Randle is the only all-star on a Knicks team doing slightly better than the Celtics, despite Barrett being nowhere near Brown's talent level at this point in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    I shouldn't have to spell it out for you. Do some basic research, and you can see that Randle edges out Tatum in all the advanced statistics, despite having a slightly lower usage. Then there's the eye test, where Randle is the only all-star on a Knicks team doing slightly better than the Celtics, despite Barrett being nowhere near Brown's talent level at this point in his career.
    "I shouldn't have to back up my opinion with evidence". Sorry kiddo that's not how it works.

And I did do my research lol. See my previous post breaking down Randle's impact. If you disagree with any of the specific points I made, by all means, explain yourself. But your approach of making a claim, and then telling me to find the evidence for your claim is nonsense, and makes it fairly obvious you have zero substance to lean on, beyond going to basketball reference and hitting "sort" on the "advance statistics" section.
    Last edited by VCaintdead17; 05-17-2021 at 01:03 PM.

giannis was injured... giannis played 9 more games then joel while being a 3rd seed because we could rest joel because we dominated late. Do not put giannis in that jokic area when talking about missed games. Stop
    By injury, I mean being out for a prolonged period of time. Giannis only had a six game stretch where he was really injured. He missed 11 games total while Joel missed 21. That's nearly 30% of the season Joel missed and since there hasn't been another elite player of the same position that Giannis plays, it makes sense to put Giannis ahead of Embiid despite him missing 11 games. 21 games is a ton of games. Do not get emotional, please.

no embiid first team my god you cant ever put your bias aside. Embiid and jokic should and will finish 1 and 2 in mvp voting yet somehow embiid isnt all nba first team
    Zach Lowe just posted his All-NBA team and didn't include Embiid either based on the fact that he tries to have only one true center on the roster and he felt like it was more fair to have Doncic as a forward than Embiid. I can't argue with his logic, and I imagine will think the same way.

Personally, I would rather just see the 5 best players on the first All-NBA team, as long as those five players would make sense on the court together, not just five centers or five guards. He had Lillard on the team instead of Embiid, which just seems crazy to me, even if I understand the reasoning behind it.

"I shouldn't have to back up my opinion with evidence". Sorry kiddo that's not how it works.

And I did do my research lol. See my previous post breaking down Randle's impact. If you disagree with any of the specific points I made, by all means, explain yourself. But your approach of making a claim, and then telling me to find the evidence for your claim is nonsense, and makes it fairly obvious you have zero substance to lean on, beyond going to basketball reference and hitting "sort" on the "advance statistics" section.
    Make your insecure, pejorative jabs. You've already become the laughing stock of this thread, kiddo. Randle's going to deservedly make an all-NBA team, whether it's the second or third. Tatum, while great, probably won't.

Saw the Hawks promoting Tony Snell having the first ever 50/50/100 season. Thought it was funny. Didn't know where to post it here. Looked it up ... 11 total FTs attempted for the season. That said, the shooting was really good in almost 1000 minutes and nearly 200 shots.

The Hawks games in person used to be so sad ... are there any Hawks fans here?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Saw the Hawks promoting Tony Snell having the first ever 50/50/100 season. Thought it was funny. Didn't know where to post it here. Looked it up ... 11 total FTs attempted for the season. That said, the shooting was really good in almost 1000 minutes and nearly 200 shots.

The Hawks games in person used to be so sad ... are there any Hawks fans here?
    I'm not a fan but I do think they're a fun team.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I'm not a fan but I do think they're a fun team.
    I've seen a few games this year and they were fun, but their young players were often frustrating.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123