Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All-NBA

All-NBA

We're right at the end of the season. Teams are jockeying for position in the playoffs/play-in. Give us your All-NBA teams.
    Keep in mind that Jokic and Embiid are both eligible as centers or forwards. Luka is eligible at guard or forward, as is Jimmy.

All-NBA

I just can't see keeping Jokic or Embiid off of the first team if they're both eligible. Luka versus Lillard basically comes down to taste. I like Luka's size advantage over Lillard's superior range. I have absolutely no problem putting Jokic at forward, considering his similarity to Bird.
    • 1st Team: Curry, Luka, Giannis, Jokic, Embiid.

Jimmy was legitimately better than Kawhi this season. LeBron played only 60% or so of games but was still clearly top-10 in value.
    • 2nd Team: Lillard, Jimmy, Kawhi, LeBron, Gobert.

Davis and Durant would usually be in pen for all-NBA, but they've missed too many games for me. Kyrie’s sabbaticals and Harden’s get-me-out-of-Houston games, and their loaded team, cost them a spot. Bam's had a better season than his all-NBA campaign last season. Paul's an alien. Zion is a world-destroyer.
    • 3rd Team: Paul, George, Zion, Randle, Bam.
    Last edited by mrblisterdundee; 05-14-2021 at 12:33 PM.

Jokic
    Giannis
    LeBron
    Steph
    Luka

Embiid
    Kawhi
    Butler
    Dame
    Harden

Gobert
    Tatum
    Zion
    PG
    CP3

Trae, Kyrie and Booker should be in consideration for the guard positions as well. KD has missed too many games, as has AD. There's essentially zero evidence for Randle having an All NBA impact on offense, as the Knicks score the same amount of points per possession regardless of whether or not he's on the court, on a very mediocre team offense.

Also your reasoning for keeping Harden off is super dumb and based in your feelings instead of how he's actually played lol

Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    Jokic
    Giannis
    LeBron
    Steph
    Luka

Embiid
    Kawhi
    Butler
    Dame
    Harden

Gobert
    Tatum
    Zion
    PG
    CP3

Trae, Kyrie and Booker should be in consideration for the guard positions as well. KD has missed too many games, as has AD. There's essentially zero evidence for Randle having an All NBA impact on offense, as the Knicks score the same amount of points per possession regardless of whether or not he's on the court, on a very mediocre team offense.

Also your reasoning for keeping Harden off is super dumb and based in your feelings instead of how he's actually played lol
    Randle has been neck-and-neck with Tatum in terms of value, while playing more games. Meanwhile, New York is ahead of Boston.
    Harden mailed it in in Houston and has only played 43 games overall this season. A lot of voters are going to leave him off. Kyrie should get an all-NBA spot before Harden.

LeBron has played like 10 more games than KD or AD. It's interesting people are saying they've missed too much time but he's a lock.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Randle has been neck-and-neck with Tatum in terms of value, while playing more games. Meanwhile, New York is ahead of Boston.
    Harden mailed it in in Houston and has only played 43 games overall this season. A lot of voters are going to leave him off. Kyrie should get an all-NBA spot before Harden.
    Break down how you're measuring Randle's on court value, contextualize what his per game averages mean, how he affects the team offense and defense, and then compare it to Tatum

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    LeBron has played like 10 more games than KD or AD. It's interesting people are saying they've missed too much time but he's a lock.
    10 games....is a lot lol

the one good thing for the Jazz is that it looks like Dmitch has about a less then 1% chance of getting a all nba team which really helps out the financials. I was a little worried if the Jazz had been a runaway #1 seed and he palyed 65 games that they might give him one out of respect and he had been on quite a run too.

10 games....is a lot lol
    Not when you've only played 42 yourself.

Break down how you're measuring Randle's on court value, contextualize what his per game averages mean, how he affects the team offense and defense, and then compare it to Tatum
    I have, but maybe you should. Randle has a slightly bigger impact on winning and has played more minutes and games for the team that's doing slightly better than the Celtics despite Barrett not being at the level of Randle, Tatum or Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Not when you've only played 42 yourself.
    Yeah; it's still a lot, like one-seventh of this season.

Yeah; it's still a lot, like one-seventh of this season.
    Then by that measure consider how many games LeBron has missed. If 10 games is a lot, then missing 30 is a massive amount.

I have, but maybe you should. Randle has a slightly bigger impact on winning and has played more minutes and games for the team that's doing slightly better than the Celtics despite Barrett not being at the level of Randle, Tatum or Brown.
    You have? Break it down for me then, in a measurable, non-anecdotal way

You have? Break it down for me then, in a measurable, non-anecdotal way
    You should ask Obi Toppin who gets to sit down any time the opposition scores consecutive buckets with him on the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Jokic
    Giannis
    LeBron
    Steph
    Luka

Embiid
    Kawhi
    Butler
    Dame
    Harden

Gobert
    Tatum
    Zion
    PG
    CP3

Randle leads the league in minutes so the Knicks scoring average when he isn’t on the court is a small sample to use to judge his impact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast