Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 240
  1. #196
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    52,173
    and that is a bad angle and you still see the contact, the replay last night with the ref's angle OMG come on

  2. #197
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    25,435
    Don't see Frank returning unless thibs promises him role on team.

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

  3. #198
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    59,546
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    and that is a bad angle and you still see the contact, the replay last night with the ref's angle OMG come on
    He is in front of this man the whole time and doesn't initate any contact. The contact was created by the offensive players north/south movement into the defender. Good D. I don't blame refs for losses but they miss calls. They missed that one.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  4. #199
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    59,546
    I worry about teams don't collapsing as much on all this baseline drives Randle makes. If they take away that corner 3 I don't know if he can make the pass to above the break. We make a living off that and guys may stay home in the playoffs


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  5. #200
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    59,546
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Now removing his 2 best shooting games to artificially lower his 3pt % to under 30% is the very definition of a "convenient stat".
    If we don't count the ones that went in his percentage plumets


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  6. #201
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    37,882
    Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    That is whacky I thought 4th was over since Atlanta has g league teams left


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yea assuming Atlanta wins out, we need the Bucks to beat Miami and then we need to win out for the 5 seed. I worry that the Bucks know if they beat Miami they might end up playing them. At the same time they are only one game back from the 2 seed and own the tie breaker with BK. Then again BK has nothing but chump teams left and are pretty much a lock to win out.

    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    IQ had 18 the previous game, but Thibs has a short leash with him and his shots were just off last night. I'd be surprised if he wasnt in the playoff rotation, he can change games. Obi IDK, with more days off and a slower pace, I think Randle will probably just play 40mpg in the post season.
    IMO this was all game script. We were down 17 and made a ferocious comeback and a 21-2 run to take the lead that carried over from the 3rd to the 4th. Normally the starters begin to sub out at the end of the 3rd and to begin the 4th. We skipped over it because the momentum was crazy.

    I've seen guys on here crucify Thibs for not riding momentum and sticking with his sub patterns. Thibs won the game last night by skipping the subs IMO. Comebacks like that are hard to finish off and very delicate once you cut it close.

    Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Don't see Frank returning unless thibs promises him role on team.

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    Probably. But I do think he likes it here and loves his teammates. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility but he would need and should get a defined role if he chooses to come back.

  7. #202
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    52,173
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He is in front of this man the whole time and doesn't initate any contact. The contact was created by the offensive players north/south movement into the defender. Good D. I don't blame refs for losses but they miss calls. They missed that one.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    well don't see it close that he initiated contact your kidding right? did you slow it down, frank bumped him and even went backwards, that is a foul 9 times out of 10.
    Okay i'm done, don't matter it was a foul guess Bully didn't foul either he didn't initiate contact right?

    I saw it differently, and i'm good with that lol, no biggie,

    I think the best thing Nycer said was glimmer of hope, at least he recognizes that instead of telling all of us back during the season Knicks should pick up his option for MLE type money......and I don't forget those things.

    Great win and tomorrow's game has a ton of meaning for both teams, going to be a battle

  8. #203
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    52,173
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    If we don't count the ones that went in his percentage plumets


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    actually this is surprising from you and stupid not funny tbh, I think you have great humor but this is sad, go check out his game stats and get back to me, please, do this then tell us all a joke.

  9. #204
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    59,546

    GT#40 San Antonio Spurs (33-36) @ Más Resucitado Knicks (38-31): New York Forever!

    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    actually this is surprising from you and stupid not funny tbh, I think you have great humor but this is sad, go check out his game stats and get back to me, please, do this then tell us all a joke.
    He's shooting 48%. It's too small a sample to trust but you cant just subtract out his good games. Hus % is what it is and that is good.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  10. #205
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    36,650
    no one expects Frank would lead the NBA in 3pt shooting over a full season, but he's 22 for 47 from 3 this year in 31 games and that's damn good. he was trending up from 3 last year too. I think he's a solid 3 pt shooter and a very good defender. there's upside there if he ever gets out of his own head.

  11. #206
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    52,173
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Probably. But I do think he likes it here and loves his teammates. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility but he would need and should get a defined role if he chooses to come back.
    So you think Frank likes his teammates enough to stick around long enough and not take offers while the Knicks are negotiating with other FA's?

    I'm not sure what Knick fans are missing but Knicks did not pick up his option, he can talk to other teams and get a contract offer, Knicks will need to renounce Frank's cap hold it's huge that makes him free as a bird.

    He was also close with KP remember? At this point in his career he's not around here and get what empty promises? How many players have the Knicks brought in here now to play in front of him?

    I'm really not getting this, it would take a league wide pass on Frank for him to be a Knick next year, he will want a real opportunity.

    There are a few teams that would love to give him the mini MLE to join them, Knicks will not keep Franks cap hold that is 100% a given. I'm not looking it up but it's like 17m

  12. #207
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    37,882
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    So you think Frank likes his teammates enough to stick around long enough and not take offers while the Knicks are negotiating with other FA's?

    I'm not sure what Knick fans are missing but Knicks did not pick up his option, he can talk to other teams and get a contract offer, Knicks will need to renounce Frank's cap hold it's huge that makes him free as a bird.

    He was also close with KP remember? At this point in his career he's not around here and get what empty promises? How many players have the Knicks brought in here now to play in front of him?

    I'm really not getting this, it would take a league wide pass on Frank for him to be a Knick next year, he will want a real opportunity.

    There are a few teams that would love to give him the mini MLE to join them, Knicks will not keep Franks cap hold that is 100% a given. I'm not looking it up but it's like 17m
    Why couldn't something similar to what happened with Elf happen with Frank? I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility. Nothing is stopping him from going and fielding offers and if he doesn't get anything that blows him away we can bring him back on the cheap. Sounds reasonable to me. I also think it's different for guys who aren't from this country. Frank came here from France at 19. I'm sure as a real person he probably doesn't want to go bounce around the heartland USA.

  13. #208
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    59,546
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    I still have a glimmer of hope for Frank. Thibs at least trusts him in big spots to get a defensive stop. And he's shooting 48% from 3. Hoping we can resign him for cheap, maybe 3/6m and Thibs develops him into a good role player at the wing.
    Dee-Lethal is right about the team being on a run but Q mins were significantly cut that last time everyone was healthy and only got extended 15 or more if he was totally on fire. Barrett played with the second unit with Burks out. I think Thibs wanted to see him at the 4 playing with the second unit. We will see what happens but I wouldn't be surprised to see more point, Randle, with Burks and more Barett at the 4 with the second unit. I think that might mean Q winds up getting Toppin like mins unless he is spectatual and Toppin just watches.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  14. #209
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    52,173
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    no one expects Frank would lead the NBA in 3pt shooting over a full season, but he's 22 for 47 from 3 this year in 31 games and that's damn good. he was trending up from 3 last year too. I think he's a solid 3 pt shooter and a very good defender. there's upside there if he ever gets out of his own head.
    actually he's 23-48 lol

    and here look at his games he'll shoot 4-4 then go really bad for multiple games, then shoot 3-3 in back to back games then go really bad...

    https://www.basketball-reference.com...1/gamelog/2021

    Is that a 49% shooter or a guy that got hot for 3 games out of the 31 games he played? You can't just not look at the very good 4 games he had but you can't not ignore the not so good 27 games either
    Does this make sense? 27 games not so good, 4 games good out of 31 games, small sample size but don't tell me there isn't concern or someone is going to sign him for his QO type money?

    And tell me one shot that is heavily contested, it's open for a reason, let others beat you so that is why I think other teams like GS or Dallas and more will look and give Frank an offer,

    Why do some of you think this is negative lol, it's reality, he's been here 4 years and Thibs has given no indication that Frank will increase is role, in fact Payton stinks yet in front of him, Burks IQ have been out limited minutes and now Rose out and limited minutes?

    Rose will be back then what? Hopefully Payton is a distant memory, this I just don't understand he's actually playing worse and worse

  15. #210
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    52,173
    between Burks and Rose wow

    Marc Berman
    @NYPost_Berman
    ·
    9h
    Alec Burks beats #Spurs, then talks about beating Covid-19 for first time as #Knicks stay alive for No. 4 seed in East

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •