Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Iguodala is done.

Dwight is a hard no.

Wiseman isn't getting traded.

Siakam, Beal, and Ingram are not available. Simmons is mentally broken.
    Agreed

Disagree. Dwight is exactly what we need. A 7 footer that can rebound and defend. Can set a screen and clean up with put backs. Vet min and knows his role now.

Agreed

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Agreed

Disagree. Dwight is exactly what we need. A 7 footer that can rebound and defend. Can set a screen and clean up with put backs. Vet min and knows his role now.

Agreed

Agreed
    The Warriors said they were looking for a shooting big ... Howard does that? Howard misses screens, makes bad rotations on defense, is bad on PnR, and can't really switch. Really for the Warriors Looney is better than Howard.

I'd rather have JaVale McGee, and I don't really want JaVale.

The Warriors said they were looking for a shooting big ... Howard does that? Howard misses screens, makes bad rotations on defense, is bad on PnR, and can't really switch. Really for the Warriors Looney is better than Howard.

I'd rather have JaVale McGee, and I don't really want JaVale.
    Wiseman does. We can also still get a shooting big. We regularly carried 4-5 in the past.

Wiseman, Looney, Dwight, Shooting big.

Dwight brings size and athleticism that we also need. I think youíre overly harsh on your views on Dwight. He likely doesnít come for a bet min so itís moot.

Wiseman does. We can also still get a shooting big. We regularly carried 4-5 in the past.

Wiseman, Looney, Dwight, Shooting big.

Dwight brings size and athleticism that we also need. I think youíre overly harsh on your views on Dwight. He likely doesnít come for a bet min so itís moot.
    Maybe, I see a history of Dwight being stupid and soft, even when he was physically dominant.

I'd rather add bigs who can switch on a PnR.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    At #7 I see the Warriors drafting Davion Mitchell easily and at #14 the Warriors drafting James Bouknight
    Davion Mitchell seems better suited for a 14th pick. IU understand the warriors want to get immediate help- but I want a 7th pick in a deep draft to have some chance of being a star in the future.

To Me- I think Davion Mitchell is at best a Jameer Nelson with some pat beverly in him. A gamer- but likely an average starter or strong bench player at best. He could also end up being a DJ Augastine. Just not exciting enough with a number 7 pick for me.

Outside of Barnes- nobody really excites me. The Moses Moodey, Jalen Johnson are maybes.... Im kinda hoping they can find a trade partner. Would Wiggins, Paschall and the 7th pick be enough to get Ben Simmons?

Im ok with a high floor guy at the 14th pick who can be a rotation player right away..... and I think there should be guys available at 14 who could do that (Kispert, Wagner, Duarte, maybe even a johnny Juzang)

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Davion Mitchell seems better suited for a 14th pick. IU understand the warriors want to get immediate help- but I want a 7th pick in a deep draft to have some chance of being a star in the future.

To Me- I think Davion Mitchell is at best a Jameer Nelson with some pat beverly in him. A gamer- but likely an average starter or strong bench player at best. He could also end up being a DJ Augastine. Just not exciting enough with a number 7 pick for me.

Outside of Barnes- nobody really excites me. The Moses Moodey, Jalen Johnson are maybes.... Im kinda hoping they can find a trade partner. Would Wiggins, Paschall and the 7th pick be enough to get Ben Simmons?

Im ok with a high floor guy at the 14th pick who can be a rotation player right away..... and I think there should be guys available at 14 who could do that (Kispert, Wagner, Duarte, maybe even a johnny Juzang)
    Mitchell is a gamer, a defensive player of the year, good shooter, passer, playmaker. The only real issues are size and age, but CP3 is smaller/weaker and he's had a hall of fame career.

Simmons is broken. He's afraid of the ball late in games in the playoffs. He's REALLY not worth it.

I like Barnes a lot, I actually have a lot more questions about Cade. Kuminga doesn't seem like anything special.

Jalen Johnson is all about his interviews.

Really, if one of the top 6 guys slips they are almost certainly the Warriors pick.

Moody is a 3&D guy ... really, shoots 3s and little else, and plays defense. Bruce Bowen type.

Maybe, I see a history of Dwight being stupid and soft, even when he was physically dominant.

I'd rather add bigs who can switch on a PnR.
    We have bigs that fit that profile we donít have a big that fits his. Warriors C rotation has been missing his skillset for a while now. Heíd be useful and heís not the same Dwight and more importantly he knows that.

We have bigs that fit that profile we donít have a big that fits his. Warriors C rotation has been missing his skillset for a while now. Heíd be useful and heís not the same Dwight and more importantly he knows that.
    You think he's smart and tough now? He's stupid and soft ... the fact that he's no longer the athlete he used to be and realizes he should not be the center of the offense anymore doesn't mean he's smart or tough now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzszeBrAj5s

Would you rather get JaVale or Dwight or Olynyk if given the choice?

You think he's smart and tough now? He's stupid and soft ... the fact that he's no longer the athlete he used to be and realizes he should not be the center of the offense anymore doesn't mean he's smart or tough now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzszeBrAj5s

Would you rather get JaVale or Dwight or Olynyk if given the choice?
    Olynyk but heís out of the price range. Then Dwight and then JaVale.

Olynyk but heís out of the price range. Then Dwight and then JaVale.
    I think Olynyk may be possible with a heavy sales job.

I think it's reasonable to think Wiseman will be JaVale+ this coming year.

I do not like Dwight. I bet Whiteside is available and I'd prefer him (and I don't want him).

Noel, Hernangomez, Chriss, and Portis are all in range too.

I think Olynyk may be possible with a heavy sales job.

I think it's reasonable to think Wiseman will be JaVale+ this coming year.

I do not like Dwight. I bet Whiteside is available and I'd prefer him (and I don't want him).

Noel, Hernangomez, Chriss, and Portis are all in range too.
    We arenít known for our sales jobs for vets taking less.

Whiteside is far worse for the system. Unless he gets touches in the paint he is useless. Dwight finally got past that.

Noel Iíd love but itís not happening. Same for Portis. Chriss isnít good enough and doesnít bring anything different then what we currently have. Willy is an interesting one and Iíd be cool with that. Just think youíre sleeping on Dwight tho. I donít like him but heíd be more useful then the other obtainable players.

We arenít known for our sales jobs for vets taking less.

Whiteside is far worse for the system. Unless he gets touches in the paint he is useless. Dwight finally got past that.

Noel Iíd love but itís not happening. Same for Portis. Chriss isnít good enough and doesnít bring anything different then what we currently have. Willy is an interesting one and Iíd be cool with that. Just think youíre sleeping on Dwight tho. I donít like him but heíd be more useful then the other obtainable players.
    Sales job worked pretty good on KD, Iguodala, Livingston, West ... but admittedly it's been a while.

Yeah, I said I don't like Whiteside.

Chriss showed some flashes of a lot more before he got hurt. Noel is not all that different than Looney. Portis is a different kind of player and I think he'd fit pretty good with Green. Noel and Portis might take the TPMLE on a 2 year deal, it's not like they were paid a lot last year.

Prime Dwight was out muscled for a rebound in the playoffs by Curry. That's who he still is.
    Last edited by Scoots; 07-02-2021 at 06:23 PM.

Sales job worked pretty good on KD, Iguodala, Livingston, West ... but admittedly it's been a while.

Yeah, I said I don't like Whiteside.

Chriss showed some flashes of a lot more before he got hurt. Noel is not all that different than Looney. Portis is a different kind of player and I think he'd fit pretty good with Green. Noel and Portis might take the TPMLE on a 2 year deal, it's not like they were paid a lot last year.

Prime Dwight was out muscled for a rebound in the playoffs by Curry. That's who he still is.
    Last yrs free agency showed that the front office no longer has the same ability to sell.

Our first signing was Brad Wannamaker

We couldnt get Ibaka, montrez, or anybody who had attention from competitive teams

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Last yrs free agency showed that the front office no longer has the same ability to sell.

Our first signing was Brad Wannamaker

We couldnt get Ibaka, montrez, or anybody who had attention from competitive teams
    The Warriors top target was a wing and your two players are absolutely NOT wings. After that they had very limited money to spend (not that they have a lot this year), also I was talking about the players getting involved in the sales job this year.

Last year didn't include Klay, and the team was seen as a washed up Green and a Curry who was constantly injured and no longer capable of being elite.

Ibaka got way more money than the Warriors could offer and was outspoken about not wanting to play for the Warriors and why would he want to go to a team that just added a center at #2? Harrell got way more money too, and he's not good enough to play for the Warriors, just like the Rockets, Clippers, and Lakers learned ... 3 teams in 6 seasons is not a ringing endorsement.

There are not really many players I have on my target list for this year either that are "name" players, but I can make a reasonable pitch for the 2 I really want ... but I can say with some confidence that they are unlikely to come to the Warriors. Olynyk can be offered a starting spot and a leadership role with Wiseman, and he has said he wants to go into coaching and the Warriors can offer him a chance to do that in the bay. TJ McConnell would enter the season as the #2 guard and be offered the spot of leading the 2nd unit while also getting minutes with the starters, and likely starting when Klay or Curry miss games and average 25+ minutes. They can also offer him maximum raises for future seasons as the Warriors try to win while building another winning team.
    Last edited by Scoots; 07-03-2021 at 03:09 PM.

So listening to talk radio, looking at the shifts of mockdrafts over the last week, just a general feel......there could be good news and bad news about how the draft might go for Golden State. (Granted- individual workouts might impact this as well as trade opportunities)

Good news- Davion Mitchell appears to be dropping slightly as guys like bouknight and Wagner are rising. A lot of people still think Golden State is a good fir for Davion Mitchell tho. I guess the good news is- getting Mitchell at the 14th pick is more likely today than it was a couple weeks ago.

Bad News- Well bad news for those who liked Scottie Barnes. He looks like he wont get out of the top 6. Hes a taller and more ahtletic draymond green. I personally think he is going to need to go to the right team to show his value. If you put him on a sub par team like Orlando or OKC and expect him to be the go to guy- he will look like a bad player.

So I guess here is the question I have.

If the warriors are able to get Mitchell at the 14th pick and Barnes is not available at the 7th pick- what player makes sense.

In no particular order- here are reasonable options

Moody

Jalen Johnson

Franz Wagner

James Bouknight

Keon Johnson (Keon Johnson is my lowest on this list because i dont think he fits the warriors culture well)- but he recently recorded the highest vertical in combine history at 48.5 inches. He was compared to Latrel Sprewell and Michael Finley going into college.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast