Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Patty Mills and Batum should be top priority. If they can get Olinik as well, then we can be a serious contender.
    I like patty mills and id be fine with him- but id rather have a back up pg that can run the team. Im already concerned about Jordan Poole being a floor general as I think he is a shooting guard.

Maybe Mannion can be more of a traditional pass first point guard, but i have no idea how good he will be this yr

Patty Mills and Batum should be top priority. If they can get Olinik as well, then we can be a serious contender.
    I don't get the love for Mills. He's not particularly good at anything.

Seriously if you look at per minute production compared to JTA as an example JTA gets more boards, more assists, more steals, more blocks, and shoots a higher percentage from 2 and from 3. Mills had a negative net rating with the Spurs. I just don't get the argument.

https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_...&p2yrfrom=2021

If you instead compare JTA to TJ you'll see that TJ is also worse than JTA in many categories but is MUCH better at passing (and creating openings), and stealing the ball.

The dream is TJ, Olynyk/Theis/Chriss, and Batum.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post

Seriously if you look at per minute production compared to JTA as an example JTA gets more boards, more assists, more steals, more blocks, and shoots a higher percentage from 2 and from 3. Mills had a negative net rating with the Spurs. I just don't get the argument.

If you instead compare JTA to TJ you'll see that TJ is also worse than JTA in many categories but is MUCH better at passing (and creating openings), and stealing the ball.

agreed tj makes more sense for this warriors team. if jordan poole continues to develop and eric paschall can contribute.... we will have good scoring in our second unit. we need someone to run the offense.

Batum is in an odd situation ... the Hornets are paying him the first $9M so unless he gets paid more than that he doesn't make any extra money. I suspect he stays with the Clippers and continues to do his best Draymond impression.

Batum is in an odd situation ... the Hornets are paying him the first $9M so unless he gets paid more than that he doesn't make any extra money. I suspect he stays with the Clippers and continues to do his best Draymond impression.
    with leonard out- they do have a need for him. seems like he would probablyhave a bigger role there than with the warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    with leonard out- they do have a need for him. seems like he would probablyhave a bigger role there than with the warriors.
    He wants a ring. Thatís not happening without Kawhi.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    He wants a ring. Thatís not happening without Kawhi.
    There are no guarantees. And right now we don't know if Kawhi is going to miss any time.

Basically the Warriors and Clippers can offer him the same amount of money (full TPMLE) so it comes down to whether he liked living in LA, liked playing on that team, and liked the fans.

I see what youíre saying. However, Mills is shooting about 38% on six 3s per game whereas Juan shoots about 2 per game. Mills is a threat out there and needs to be guarded. Iím not sure the two should be compared yet

I see what youíre saying. However, Mills is shooting about 38% on six 3s per game whereas Juan shoots about 2 per game. Mills is a threat out there and needs to be guarded. Iím not sure the two should be compared yet
    Okay, Wiggins, Lee, and Baze all shoot a higher percentage too, combined they take 16.6 3s a game. Add to that that Mannion and Poole improved their shooting through last season and ended pretty close to Mills percentage.

I appreciate that Mills has seen it all and has performed in the playoffs, but I'd much rather the PT go to someone who is still improving and who does more than Mills does.

Seeing rumors all over the place of Ben Simmons wanting to come to the warriors and has cut communication with his team. I havent seen it by a super credible source yet (Shams or Woj). Apparently the warriors turned down another offer and it could help them get him for cheap if simmons is forcing things. I still think him and draymond is a weird fit. I also dont like when a player acts unprofessional and forces his team's hand. I didnt like it when Anthony Davis did it to the pelicans, and It makes me lose respect for simmons if he is infact doing that. It kinda speaks to the guys character IMO.

its something to keep an eye on though- as it does keep things interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Seeing rumors all over the place of Ben Simmons wanting to come to the warriors and has cut communication with his team. I havent seen it by a super credible source yet (Shams or Woj). Apparently the warriors turned down another offer and it could help them get him for cheap if simmons is forcing things. I still think him and draymond is a weird fit. I also dont like when a player acts unprofessional and forces his team's hand. I didnt like it when Anthony Davis did it to the pelicans, and It makes me lose respect for simmons if he is infact doing that. It kinda speaks to the guys character IMO.

its something to keep an eye on though- as it does keep things interesting.
    The Warriors front office, coaches, and players have said that they want players for the playoffs ... that's NOT Ben. I don't think he's worth the price even on a discount.

The Warriors front office, coaches, and players have said that they want players for the playoffs ... that's NOT Ben. I don't think he's worth the price even on a discount.
    true... but they need players who can get them into the playoffs. Ben Simmons has been a big reason why the 76ers have been in the playoffs the last 2 yrs. Warriors have consistently been in the lotto during that time. That should be a concern before guys who can perform in the playoffs

Wiggins might not be better in a vacuum but heís better for this team. Not ready to give up on wiseman or these new rookies. Only way Iíd go with Ben was if it involved moving Green and I wouldnít do that. Green is too integral even if heís a liability scoring.

I have zero interest in Ben for two reasons,

It would not work with him and Dray...

If Dray was involved in the trade, it would be a lateral move, they are similar players but I'd even give the edge to Dray, plays with heart and energy

I see the Warriors rocking with what they got and adding maybe one more vet like iggy

Quote Originally Posted by PayDaPiper View Post
    I have zero interest in Ben for two reasons,

It would not work with him and Dray...

If Dray was involved in the trade, it would be a lateral move, they are similar players but I'd even give the edge to Dray, plays with heart and energy

I see the Warriors rocking with what they got and adding maybe one more vet like iggy
    I dont think iggy moves the needle that much.... and what they got has missed the playoffs 2 yrs straight

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast