Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Coaching staff changes

Dejan Milojevic and Jama Mahlalela from the Raptors where they were development coaches with forwards and centers.

Kenny Atkinson as assistant head coach ... which I thought was Mike Brown

We can only hope Mike Brown is leaving

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    We can only hope Mike Brown is leaving
    How do you have an opinion on someone we've never seen do anything?

He's supposed to be a good defensive coach, I just don't know what he does really. Thus far he's co-assistant head coach apparently.

The loss of Collins could be pretty bad since he was the DC and Atkinson is known more as an offensive mind. Last year by the end of the year the Warriors defense was actually good despite the roster limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    How do you have an opinion on someone we've never seen do anything?

He's supposed to be a good defensive coach, I just don't know what he does really. Thus far he's co-assistant head coach apparently.

The loss of Collins could be pretty bad since he was the DC and Atkinson is known more as an offensive mind. Last year by the end of the year the Warriors defense was actually good despite the roster limitations.
    Thatís just it. He doesnít bring anything. Adams is the real DC. Iím glad we got an offensive minded assistant. Weíve been missing that for a while now.

Thatís just it. He doesnít bring anything. Adams is the real DC. Iím glad we got an offensive minded assistant. Weíve been missing that for a while now.
    I have no idea what he brings or what he doesn't bring. I have no idea how you can know one way or another. For all we know he's the one who has kept the players happy the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I have no idea what he brings or what he doesn't bring. I have no idea how you can know one way or another. For all we know he's the one who has kept the players happy the last few years.
    Unlikely but I understand your point. I just donít rate him. We have defensive minds. We need an offensive mind. Preferably someone younger.

Unlikely but I understand your point. I just donít rate him. We have defensive minds. We need an offensive mind. Preferably someone younger.
    I've wanted Shaka Smart for a while. He's been able to get guys to play defense hard and he's always thinking about defensive schemes.

Mike Brown seems to me like a guy who likes a smart suit and little else, I just don't know.

I hope there are some young coaching minds who are showing growth in the organization ... we'll have to see.

Another thing I wonder about is the training staff ... there have been a lot more injuries since Chelsea left.

We have a good coaching staff. Clearly Mike Brown is a consigliere to Kerr. Brown has a ton of experience. I donít know what the **** he does either but I was impressed by his coaching ip of Nigeria and he clearly has the respect of Kerr.

These are great additions to the coaching bench. I even think Atkinson could be just as valuable if not more in 2021 than Gentry was back then