Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 235
  1. #181
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,025
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    its tomorrow night.... so the draft is more like 36 hrs away. certainly not less than 24 hrs LOL
    I like a vendor who makes things that are very special and rare and who generally makes some, then posts them for sale on instagram and they sell out in a few minutes. Last week he said 7/28 from midnight to midnight he would take unlimited orders and then build those orders over the next 2 months, and that he had an extremely limited run of 20 specials that he was never going to make again. Apparently a lot of people didn't realize that midnight to midnight 7/28 started on the 27th if you were not in his time zone which is BST. I got #13 of 20 at 12:03am BST which was 6pm where I am

    BTW, the "thing" is a clone of a Colorsound Tone Bender Mk I guitar fuzz pedal made with very rare and hard to find NOS transistors from 1970. And the way he makes them is art, the components are direct connected with no circuit board.

    The concept of time is tough for some people.

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,839
    Warriors summer league starts on Aug 9th. Summer League is 4 games with a following tournament. All warriors games look to be televised which is kinda cool. Still no word on the roster. Obviously the 2 drafted players should be there. hopefully wiseman and poole. I heard a rumor that Jessup might come out for summer league (which could be interesting)... but i heard that over a month ago.

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,114
    Both their rookies will be in Summer League that is pretty much a given but I only hope that one or both of them ball out in Summer League

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Both their rookies will be in Summer League that is pretty much a given but I only hope that one or both of them ball out in Summer League
    if they get bouknight- I would expect a guy like him to turn some heads in a summer league setting. pending a trade to move up (which discussions are being rumored today)..... I think the warriors will take boukinght or Kuminga at 7 for immediate trade value alone if nothing else. Not that im against keeping either of them- but those 2 guys open up the most possibilities for trade offers IMO

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,025
    Barnes, Kuminga, Giddey, Keon, Bouknight, Wagner, or Jalen at 7

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Barnes, Kuminga, Giddey, Keon, Bouknight, Wagner, or Jalen at 7
    Giddey, Keon, Jalen and Wagner are all falling. it would be poor value management to use a 7th on them. Unless they make a deal with memphis to get another asset.

    I think Jalen is expected to be around the 20th pick now.

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,114
    Tonight is draft night and we will see whether or not y'all keep the #7 and #14 overall picks or if you guys use them to package with other players to make a trade

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Tonight is draft night and we will see whether or not y'all keep the #7 and #14 overall picks or if you guys use them to package with other players to make a trade
    so not "less than 24 hrs" from about 25 hrs ago LOL

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,025
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Giddey, Keon, Jalen and Wagner are all falling. it would be poor value management to use a 7th on them. Unless they make a deal with memphis to get another asset.

    I think Jalen is expected to be around the 20th pick now.
    You are assuming mock drafts actually matter.

    I'm not saying they are the top players, just that they are the players that come to my mind when I think about potential ceiling rather then floor. They are higher risk higher reward type players.

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,025
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    so not "less than 24 hrs" from about 25 hrs ago LOL
    Don't be catty

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    You are assuming mock drafts actually matter.

    I'm not saying they are the top players, just that they are the players that come to my mind when I think about potential ceiling rather then floor. They are higher risk higher reward type players.
    I dont think wagner is a particularly high risk relative to the other 3 you mentioned or most players projected in the first round. Infact- you could argue hes one of the more safe picks.

    if the warriors are involved in trade talks which they likely will be......drafting a guy at 7 that a lot of people arent predicting in the back end of the first round is important. ESPECIALLY WHEN THE WARRIORS HAVE THE 14TH PICK

    Now moch drafts obviously arent 100% how a draft is going to actually go......its usually a good indication of where teams see players. I dont expect cade cunningham or jalen green to fall to the second round.

    And yes- players can and will surprise people in good or bad ways 3 or 4 yrs from now. Who knows- Keon Johnson could be the 2nd best player in the draft and be picked 17th or something.
    Last edited by likemystylez; 07-29-2021 at 11:10 AM.

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    16,558
    Leaning towards Giddy if they top 6 go as expected

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,839
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Leaning towards Giddy if they top 6 go as expected
    havent heard his name much by the warriors or any team in the top 10. Looks like a trade back target IMO

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    16,558
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    havent heard his name much by the warriors or any team in the top 10. Looks like a trade back target IMO
    I heard Grizz moved up for him

    Edit: not expecting us to take him but should be a great fit
    Last edited by TrueFan420; 07-29-2021 at 03:59 PM.

  15. #195
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,025
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    I dont think wagner is a particularly high risk relative to the other 3 you mentioned or most players projected in the first round. Infact- you could argue hes one of the more safe picks.

    if the warriors are involved in trade talks which they likely will be......drafting a guy at 7 that a lot of people arent predicting in the back end of the first round is important. ESPECIALLY WHEN THE WARRIORS HAVE THE 14TH PICK

    Now moch drafts obviously arent 100% how a draft is going to actually go......its usually a good indication of where teams see players. I dont expect cade cunningham or jalen green to fall to the second round.

    And yes- players can and will surprise people in good or bad ways 3 or 4 yrs from now. Who knows- Keon Johnson could be the 2nd best player in the draft and be picked 17th or something.
    I agree that Wagner is a lower risk, but to pick him at 7 you are still projecting his offensive game grows a lot from where it is now.

    Who they pick at 7 has to do with who they like most mostly and a tiny bit about whether they think they will be there at 14. The risk is that if the Warriors have a single player they think is the best player on the board at 7 they run the risk of getting too cute and passing on him only for him to be taken from 8-13.

    Mock drafts are mostly wild *** guesses based on the person who makes the mock, and they are often based on other mock drafts or other outsiders who are speculating themselves. Now the college games are public so everyone can see them and get some pretty good guesses, but the workouts and the interviews are missing from the data, and the teams can dig WAY deeper into the prospects than sports writers have the time for. Every year I see people say "they took him WAY too early, he would have been available x places later" then over the years we find out that another team had that player ranked the same.

    Keon is one of the best athletes in the draft and his drive to be great is supposedly incredibly high which makes him mentally a perfect fit for the Warriors ... but he hasn't had much good coaching so his game is raw. Steph Curry is an incredible shooter in part because of natural ability, but more, I think, because he had great coaching consistently from a very young age. Keon could be Kawhi but more athletic (and hopefully a better person).

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •