Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Wiseman doesn't bother me as much as things like how much more can they expect to get out of someone like Lee or Bazemore. Or will Looney and Green actually become average on offense. Can Paschall maintain his re-made shot mechanics, and play consistently toward the peak of what we've seen? If GP2 makes the team how much more can he contribute because he looked great in the limted time he had ... good enough to get a contract.

Curry/TJ/GP2/Nico
    Klay/Poole/Lee
    Wiggins/Kuminga/Murphy/UDFA 2-way
    Green/JTA/Paschall
    Olynyk/Wiseman/Looney

I think that roster could win it all. They have to play their roles, they have to play hard, and they have to play together.
    1) More out of Lee and Bazemore.....TBH, it wouldnt really concern me if they replaced both of them. Id expect Jordan Poole and the 14th pick or a free agent to get most of their minutes if things are going well for the warriors. If we are going to be contenders, I have a hard time seeing either of them is significant contributors in the rotation. If we go into a game depending on Bazemore and Lee to play an A game..... then we just arent that good of a team. I dont think we should have more hope or expectations for their development as a guy who we used the number 2 pick on and has glaring potential to be a very high impact player.

2) Looney and Green better on offense. ...... Looney is who he is. He has a complete lack of explosive ability. Id like draymond green to be more aggressive on offense.

3) Paschall shooting- I never really saw a remade shot. Paschals strengths dont fit in the warriors style of play. He should be involved in a trade.

4) GP2... the guy is 28 yrs old and hasnt been able to stick on a team. He has been given his share of opportunities based on his name alone. I dont expect his level of contribution to mean all that much on a competitive team.... tbh Id be more interested in whether NIco takes a step up as I think he has significantly more of a chance of getting better and helping this teams rotation. (And im not super high on Nico either)

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    1) More out of Lee and Bazemore.....TBH, it wouldnt really concern me if they replaced both of them. Id expect Jordan Poole and the 14th pick or a free agent to get most of their minutes if things are going well for the warriors. If we are going to be contenders, I have a hard time seeing either of them is significant contributors in the rotation. If we go into a game depending on Bazemore and Lee to play an A game..... then we just arent that good of a team. I dont think we should have more hope or expectations for their development as a guy who we used the number 2 pick on and has glaring potential to be a very high impact player.

2) Looney and Green better on offense. ...... Looney is who he is. He has a complete lack of explosive ability. Id like draymond green to be more aggressive on offense.

3) Paschall shooting- I never really saw a remade shot. Paschals strengths dont fit in the warriors style of play. He should be involved in a trade.

4) GP2... the guy is 28 yrs old and hasnt been able to stick on a team. He has been given his share of opportunities based on his name alone. I dont expect his level of contribution to mean all that much on a competitive team.... tbh Id be more interested in whether NIco takes a step up as I think he has significantly more of a chance of getting better and helping this teams rotation. (And im not super high on Nico either)
    1. I want them to keep any young talent with potential over a vet who has probably peaked. And if that is true then are generalists like Lee/Bazemore more of less valuable off the deep bench? Like would a microwave scorer be more useful for those moments when that's needed?

2. Looney can shoot in the gym but when he's on the floor he defers too much. I want both of them more aggressive.

3. Paschall can play like JTA but with more diverse offensive game. He's shown it in flashes. I saw his remade shot in training camp, and the main part about it is more consistency. He can create offense on his own which is a very rare skill in the modern NBA, his passing, defense, and rebounding were at least serviceable. He can fit good on the 2nd unit.

4. Nico has looked good in Olympic lead up play. On GP2, like I said, if he can play at the level he showed all the time then he could be very good for the Warriors. And by the way JTA had a good year last year where he showed more and more as the season went on to the point where he was an important part of the rotation and he's 28.

Myers reiterates that they don't have any current plans to trade the picks and are expecting to use them.

https://sports.yahoo.com/bob-myers-w...035934399.html

It's possible they take Kuminga and then trade him for a later pick where they can get a player that maybe fits better with the win now idea. Wagner/Moody/Mitchell at 10-12.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Myers reiterates that they don't have any current plans to trade the picks and are expecting to use them.

https://sports.yahoo.com/bob-myers-w...035934399.html

It's possible they take Kuminga and then trade him for a later pick where they can get a player that maybe fits better with the win now idea. Wagner/Moody/Mitchell at 10-12.
    could be interesting but I dont know if they would get a future first or another player with the later pick. Basically if they get another player- they gotta send out money to match the players salary.....not sure who we are willing to send out and what player could come with that later pick.

i really dont want moody. guy just has zero explosiveness, and i value that in a young wing. Hes the guard version of Kevon Looney LOL

could be interesting but I dont know if they would get a future first or another player with the later pick. Basically if they get another player- they gotta send out money to match the players salary.....not sure who we are willing to send out and what player could come with that later pick.

i really dont want moody. guy just has zero explosiveness, and i value that in a young wing. Hes the guard version of Kevon Looney LOL
    Moody's better than Looney ... if nothing else he doesn't have the injury history.

There is so much talent in this draft it will be hard to screw it up TOO badly.

Davion Mitchell at #7 and at #14 the Warriors should take Jalen Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Kuminga at 7 and Wagner at 14

Realistically there is no reason to make a call on this stuff. We have no idea who is going to be there let alone what the Warriors have seen in head to head tryouts.

dont think mitchell is worth the 7. I heard memphis is looking to move up from the 10th which they just acquired yesterday.

Wpould they do Brandon Clark and the 10th for the 7th and Moulder or Gary Payton jr?

Id rather do the 7th, Lee and Paschall for B clark the 10th and Kyle Anderson.

dont think mitchell is worth the 7. I heard memphis is looking to move up from the 10th which they just acquired yesterday.

Wpould they do Brandon Clark and the 10th for the 7th and Moulder or Gary Payton jr?

I'd do that too ... which probably means they would not

Agree want no part of Mitchell. Just donít he ends up being more than solid.

I saw that, depends on who they want and if they think he will fall to them at 10. They have several players I like and would take back both young or old to move back to 10. However if Kuminga is there I just donít think we can pass on him.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Agree want no part of Mitchell. Just donít he ends up being more than solid.

I saw that, depends on who they want and if they think he will fall to them at 10. They have several players I like and would take back both young or old to move back to 10. However if Kuminga is there I just donít think we can pass on him.
    I dont hate mitchell- if they take him at 14, Im not complaining. I dont see him as much more than solid.... but I dont see him as much less (even by mid season as a rookie).

LOL- The Irony of not being willing to pass on Kuminga is that if Kuminga is there - The trade offers will likely come in very fast and the packages will prob be better than anything weve been offered.

If Im in the front office....I pick up every one of those calls and Im willing to advance the conversation if I think it changes the chances of the warriors winning it all in the next 2 yrs.

Kuminga has a high ceiling, but he is atleast 2 yrs out from being even a Sacramento Kings Gerald Wallace level player (which is what I see him as on a competitive warriors team in a best case scenario for him)

I actually think I like Mitchell at 14 if that's who they take, but I also kind of like JJ and Keon and several other possibilities at 14.

Less than 24 hours until tomorrow's Draft...and lookin at mocks final mock ups it has y'all at #7 taking Jonathan Kuminga (SF/PF) and at #14 taking SG Chris Duarte.

Less than 24 hours until tomorrow's Draft...and lookin at mocks final mock ups it has y'all at #7 taking Jonathan Kuminga (SF/PF) and at #14 taking SG Chris Duarte.
    Yeah, I hope it's not Duarte at 14. Not because of his game but more because of his age and limitations.

its tomorrow night.... so the draft is more like 36 hrs away. certainly not less than 24 hrs LOL

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast