Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Israel and Palestine

I don't really know where to jump in on this topic but obviously it's dominating a lot of the news and there's some real fear that what has long been an absolute powder keg might be boiling over again. I feel like the collectively the American public is starting to be a little more sympathetic to the struggles and oppression the Palestinian people face, though obviously not even close to enough. I also think most of us our completely out of our depth when talking about solutions, but a lot is happening.

Not sure why the Biden administration hasn't made any attempts to deescalate things right now. That's the bare minimum.

I think every meaningful action that seeks to preserve life and attain justice in both Israel and Palestine starts with the abolishment of Israeli apartheid. There's no other path. For as long as most of us have been alive there has been only one state with power and authority and that state has used that power and authority to confer rights to Israelis and deny them to Palestinians. Things don't HAVE to be this way and millions of Palestinians realize this. They could use some advocates. But nope. We're still calling everything an "eviction" and not an illegal colonizer doing war crimes and ethnic cleansing, which is more accurately what's happening.

Lastly, it's no coincidence that Israel is ramping up its aggression now. Bibi missed his deadline to form a new government, so being the right-wing fascist he is, well...bombs away.
    HELLO

One of the problems is that many Americans ó myself included ó are so exhausted by, and frustrated with, this state of affairs, which seems to rear up its ugly head almost as punctually as Old Faithful.

Hell, I remember the big hullaballoo when Jimmy Carter managed to get all parties to Camp David for some momentous agreement. What was that? 45 years ago?

And what has changed? Nothing. I can no longer get exercised by what happens over there. Itís a morass, and it is Ďt changing any time soon.

I'm not educated on this but it has always interested me.

From my understanding, Israelis are evicting Palestinians and in response, Hamas is firing missiles towards Israel and to defend themselves, Israel is attacking in response and that has caused innocent deaths.

Either way, this is why I hate religion to a certain degree. If you need to praise a figure to know what's right/wrong in the world and believe killing people to achieve it is just, you have issues. I mean, this has been going on for over a century.

Agree, the alternate is more repressive measures from Isreal and increases Palestinians determination to break Isreal's hold on their land. This back and forward will only spiral until they are actually at each throat. I don't know if Isreal's endgame is similar to what the Americans did to the native Americans or to continue this apartheid state like South Africa did a few decades ago. Either way, they will have the backing of the US government because they are the only true ally, born out of Isreal in desperate need of our support, we have in the middle east.

Pelosi is backing the Isreal while AOC and squad are backing the Palestinian issue, so all the democrats aren't sailing in the same direction. The Isreal lobby group already got their sights on the squad, so their challengers will get some legit donors money to defeat them. It just amazing how a foreign entity can have so much influence over our political system.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Love both teams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

The folks who fired the first shots in this war have been dead for centuries. Both sides refuse to stop killing each other. So we need to extricate ourselves and realize this is their problem not ours.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    The folks who fired the first shots in this war have been dead for centuries. Both sides refuse to stop killing each other. So we need to extricate ourselves and realize this is their problem not ours.
    100% agree. Neither side truly seem to want to end the conflict regardless of what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    I'm not educated on this but it has always interested me.

From my understanding, Israelis are evicting Palestinians and in response, Hamas is firing missiles towards Israel and to defend themselves, Israel is attacking in response and that has caused innocent deaths.

Either way, this is why I hate religion to a certain degree. If you need to praise a figure to know what's right/wrong in the world and believe killing people to achieve it is just, you have issues. I mean, this has been going on for over a century.
    I agree to your point and will try to expand it. We make not fight over religion but we do strike a strong political and religious theme in our propaganda. It was really pronounced during the cold war. God-fearing Americans against the God-less communist. Ruthless leaders will bastardize any banner to achieve power, religion, nationalism, or racism like Trump.

there are people who actually use religion for spiritual growth instead of a rallying point for conflict. Honesty, we will destroy ourselves and the planet along with us over nationalism or religion or simply we want what the other person has and use the first two to rally their forces to get it.
    Last edited by WES445; 05-12-2021 at 02:11 PM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Love both teams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    but hate the game?

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    100% agree. Neither side truly seem to want to end the conflict regardless of what they say.
    Yeah, they are in a death struggle unable or want to quit and seek compromise. There is a lot of history pushing these guys to fight each other.

Will Rogers

Do Israelis have the right to protect themselves from a continually corrupt Bibi?

This is another topic that fascinates me. Not the actual conflict but how it is looked at in this country right now . Like so many other things , people have their minds made up by what politician you supported . It seems like Israel can pretty do whatever they want and never lose support from a large group of Americans . Sound familiar? This is so dangerous on so many levels . Itís the ideology that has crumbled empires over and over . Israel has pretty much been claiming land by simply building tent cities then saying God gave this to us for a very long time . Without even arguing if they are right or not you canít be surprised when this causes violence .

I will say this and I have no idea how true any of this is but If Israel really does discriminate, politically, religiously, GEOGRAPHICALLY, ... I mean after they suffered the same CRIMES as a people which resulted in them being anywhere near Gaza in the first place ... thatís hard for me to even imagine . For any man to stand up and scream travesty then turn around and commit some of the same travesties is unmoral . And God is watching .

If I lived there, as either an Israeli or an Arab, I'd move.

It will never change there.

is Hamas not terrorists?

https://twitter.com/GovRonDeSantis/s...67110015102980
    Hamas is a terrorist organization and Israel has the right to defend itself against terrorist attacks.

https://twitter.com/marcorubio/statu...33436981051394
    The only reason #Israel has an Iron Dome is because terrorists like Hamas & Hezbollah have rockets that exist for only one reason, to try and kill Israelis.

https://twitter.com/SeanParnellUSA/s...13308307296259
    I know what itís like to live under the constant threat of rocket fire. Itís a hellish way to live.
    Hamas and Hezbollah are terrorist organizations & Israel has an absolute right to defend its people.
    I stand with Israel.

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast