Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Well, no, not really at all.

'The fact that you consider something so simple a "genius solution" reflects negatively on your thought process.

If I lived in an area that was dangerous, and has been so for like forever, I think I'd move.

If I had to go to bed each night making sure my gas mask was readily available, I'd move.

If I had yo worry about where my air raid shelter is, I'd move.

If I had to worry about home made rockets falling into my 'hood, I'd move.

But that's just me.

It will never get better in the Middle East.
    You act they have a choice in the matter. How many poor people can afford that dangerous trek to leave their country. Some have elderly family members who can't be moved. Some have long family ties to their land.

Second, you make that suggestion with the strict caveat that they don't come here.

If it ever happens here, how soon can you have your arse at the border of Canada with just the clothes on your back? Remember Palestinians don't have airports or sailing ships or railways worth mentioning. So, odds are, you would be footing it to Canada.
    Last edited by WES445; 05-13-2021 at 01:56 PM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

What difference does it make if living there is dangerous………move out.
    Do you know how many Palestinians were (at times violently) displaced from their homes when Israel was first formed? Take a guess. Then tell me how many since then have been forced to move as well. "Just move" is an amazingly stupid thing to say and I know you know it. Palestinians are forced to move every day. Their homes are destroyed every day. It's not a solution in any sense of the word.

Move where, too? How?

We're talking politics brother. The kids table is somewhere else. "If it's violent, just move".
    Last edited by ManRam; 05-13-2021 at 02:10 PM. Reason: typo!
    HELLO

Yup, the King of simplistic thinking. Too violent, move. Don't like where this country is going and complain, leave the country.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    You act they have a choice in the matter. How many poor people can afford that dangerous trek to leave their country. Some have elderly family members who can't be moved. Some have long family ties to their land.

Second, you make that suggestion with the strict caveat that they don't come here.

If it ever happens here, how soon can you have your arse at the border of Canada with just the clothes on your back? Remember Palestinians don't have airports or sailing ships or railways worth mentioning. So, odds are, you would be footing it to Canada.
    Ask the Guatemalans for migration tips.

Ask all their Muslim brothers all around the Middle East to take them in.

Apply to the UN for refugee tips. With all the $$$$ passing thru the UN there should be no problem moving people that wish to be moved. The problem is finding a country that will live up to their responsibilities. As we are expected to do here. Heard on the radio this afternoon that the US has a little over 4% of the world pop but takes in over 20% of the world's refugees. Little out of whack, don't you think??? Tine for others to step up.

Yup, the King of simplistic thinking. Too violent, move. Don't like where this country is going and complain, leave the country.
    OK.

Too violent……stay put.

Don't like where this country is going and complain……Stay put.

Good plan. I like it.

And simple……violent……stay. Miserable ……stay.

So the reason why our border is so crowded is…÷÷÷÷ I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Do you know how many Palestinians were (at times violently) displaced from their homes when Israel was first formed? Take a guess. Then tell me how many since then have been forced to move as well. "Just move" is an amazingly stupid thing to say and I know you know it. Palestinians are forced to move every day. Their homes are destroyed every day. It's not a solution in any sense of the word.

Move where, too? How?

We're talking politics brother. The kids table is somewhere else. "If it's violent, just move".
    Let me guess………6.

Look, I agree they were screwed. Just like our Apaches, Comanches and any other "Chees" that got booted off their land. But there is nothing you can do about it now. It is never going to improve.

We had photo ops at Camp David. Jimmy Carter with thast spit eatin grin.

Handshakes galore.

Nobel Peace Prizes tossed around like candy (I think Arafat even gor one).

Nothing changes in that area. It is hopeless.

Se, either move (Israelis and Pallys) or endure it until the next big massive war comes and the Arabs lose that one. Israel may not be so gererous next time and gicve back land that they won.

Ask the Guatemalans for migration tips.

Ask all their Muslim brothers all around the Middle East to take them in.

Apply to the UN for refugee tips. With all the $$$$ passing thru the UN there should be no problem moving people that wish to be moved. The problem is finding a country that will live up to their responsibilities. As we are expected to do here. Heard on the radio this afternoon that the US has a little over 4% of the world pop but takes in over 20% of the world's refugees. Little out of whack, don't you think??? Tine for others to step up.
    Not really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Not really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, you're right. Let it go the way it is. Fire some rockets every few weeks, scrape up a few bods and move on.

The Gaza strip is supposedly only about 6 miles wide and not all that long. Israel may one day get sick of the rocket attacks, line up some bulldozers and push Gaza into the Med. They may want to think about treading a bit more lightly.

Or move.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    On?
    The scope and specifics of the question.

In this case, for the most part Palestinian individuals are being oppressed by the Israeli state. That doesn't mean that individual Israeli's are not being oppressed too by the Palestine state. There is also the long scope of the persecution of Jewish people and the economic depression Israel has put the Palestinians through.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The scope and specifics of the question.

In this case, for the most part Palestinian individuals are being oppressed by the Israeli state. That doesn't mean that individual Israeli's are not being oppressed too by the Palestine state. There is also the long scope of the persecution of Jewish people and the economic depression Israel has put the Palestinians through.
    In other words………you don't know who to blame either.

What if Israel sponsored getting people who wanted out a place to live and a job somewhere else in the world? At some amount of money it would significantly improve their quality of life and at some point the argument is just about "winning" or being "right".

I've seen a lot of similar things where there were programs in Oakland to help homeless people but there were few takers because they preferred their terrible quality of life to the unknown of leaving and for not wanting to get pushed around.

In other words………you don't know who to blame either.
    No, it's just not a blanket answer. Each event typically has some clear victims and clear villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    What if Israel sponsored getting people who wanted out a place to live and a job somewhere else in the world? At some amount of money it would significantly improve their quality of life and at some point the argument is just about "winning" or being "right".

I've seen a lot of similar things where there were programs in Oakland to help homeless people but there were few takers because they preferred their terrible quality of life to the unknown of leaving and for not wanting to get pushed around.
    You know how people are attached to their homeland. We had to decimate the Native Americans before they accept relocation to the crappy reservations. Being homeless is different than mass displacement from one's homeland, considering a good portion of homeless has mental problems.

Will Rogers

What difference does it make if living there is dangerous………move out.
    Just don’t move to the US right?

Until they both seriously want to sit down and fix it, why should anyone care anymore? Let them bomb each other. Let them both play victim. The only people who care on our side of the world are evangelicals who think the end of the world is going to happen there and Jesus is going to come back and save them.

Keep selling the Israelis arms since it’s good business, but no one should care about the outcome. Half the Arab countries already don’t care. All this is going to do is draw in Hezbollah and Iran, the Israelis are going to cry for big brother America to save them, and then it’s your problem when it shouldn’t be. **** the Middle East.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast