Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    is that what that is....I looked at my shoes, thought I stepped in something
    Pretty much the same whether the wind that carries it is blowing from the left or right. This time it is from the right.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Blue6 View Post
    We seem to have a lefty playbook. About time for righties:

Republicans are Devil worshipers, knowingly or unknowingly.
    They hate the poor and believe they are in that condition because they deserve it.
    Their bowel obstructions make them obstructionists in most matters--merit or not be damned..
    They either desire young girls and children or just boys.
    They deny they are white supremacists while constantly crafting Jim Crow Laws.
    They wear dirty underwear.
    Not true at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Not true at all

Yes it is.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Cancel culture isn’t dependent on having free speech removed. In fact often times the people have and exercise free speech it’s just that a large group of people want them held accountable for what they choose to do/say with that freedom. They want them fired or removed or whatever due to what they said or did with their free speech

Cancel Culture is silencing culture, it's the epitome of find them guilty first, and investigate afterward.

As far a Liz is concerned, she hasn't been denied her free speech, she hasn't been kicked off committees, she hasn't been kicked out of congress, she just isn't the #3 in congressional GOP politics. That's really it. And it's not even over Trump, since they voted on whether to kick her out last January and that motion failed overwhelmingly.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    She had her best fundraising quarter ever to start 21. Her being annoying is related to the party supporting the type of stuff that lead to Jan 6 and not wanting to hold Trump accountable for his continuous lies. He’s directly gone at her and others over this and the party has followed suit.

So while we agree this has to do with her being “annoying” that is due to trumpism. Remove him and the insanity around the election and she is no longer “annoying” but that narrative has been extremely important to trump and the party clearly still caters to him.

It's not just her personal fundraising, because of her father and her own connections to private equity and energy and the MIC she can PERSONALLY raise a lot of money, but her position is to raise money for the party, which she isn't doing a good job of right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    It's not just her personal fundraising, because of her father and her own connections to private equity and energy and the MIC she can PERSONALLY raise a lot of money, but her position is to raise money for the party, which she isn't doing a good job of right now.
    Except as I noted they had an amazing March as a party as well. The fundraising has been quite good for the party so this point still doesn’t seem based in reality

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I was a commenting on a sad fact. Once again that was the reason I left the democrat party. Donor control Anyway you are wrong in assuming that fundraising was the problem.

Just saying that DeSantis is the rising star shows me you are trumpster and you haven't been watching what is going on in the republican party. Chenney is a force on the conservative side of the republican party as well as Romney.

I really don't care how either of us frames it, the republican party is imploding in the flavor of the Trumpsters. Happy sailing. Maybe the Trumpster can get Trump to run again. And you bit ch about AOC when y' all have Greene running around acting a psychopathic moron.

Hoo-Hoo, all aboard the Trump Train.
    1)
    I didn't vote for Trump in the primary in 2016, or the General in 2016 or 2020, and switched my party affiliation to Dem JUST SO I COULD VOTE FOR YANG, then I switched back. I'm the furthest thing from some blind Trump supporter you'll find outside of the Never-Trump wing of the party.
    2)
    Saying DeSantis is a rising star isn't proof of anything beyond the fact that I'm paying attention to polling.
    3)
    She and Romney(who's in his mid 70 and probably won't run for Re-Election) are powerhouses in that wing of the party doesn't mean anything, that wing of the party has as much power in the GOP as the Libertarian wing (Think Rand Paul)

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Cancel Culture is silencing culture, it's the epitome of find them guilty first, and investigate afterward.

As far a Liz is concerned, she hasn't been denied her free speech, she hasn't been kicked off committees, she hasn't been kicked out of congress, she just isn't the #3 in congressional GOP politics. That's really it. And it's not even over Trump, since they voted on whether to kick her out last January and that motion failed overwhelmingly.
    A person getting kicked off the A team for making the ok sign after a good play can say all the same things too. It doesn’t mean that they weren’t cancelled if a bunch of people whine about them making the gesture which leads to the demotion that’s still cancel culture for not conforming to the whiners.

The cancel culture/whining coming from trump and his followers played a part in her losing a position of power. That cancel culture has been aimed at her for not getting on board with the election lie. The claim is it is divisive and dividing. They are absolutely trying to control if she tells the truth or gets behind the absurd election lies and her not following orders has now lead to her being removed from a prominent position for not jumping in line as she was told.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue6 View Post
    We seem to have a lefty playbook. About time for righties:

Republicans are Devil worshipers, knowingly or unknowingly.
    They hate the poor and believe they are in that condition because they deserve it.
    Their bowel obstructions make them obstructionists in most matters--merit or not be damned..
    They either desire young girls and children or just boys.
    They deny they are white supremacists while constantly crafting Jim Crow Laws.
    They wear dirty underwear.
    I realize you're deliberately exagerating for some reason here, but there's at least a modicum of truth in any such joke, so the question is- how much of that do you believe is actually true?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I was overblown on the rising star, one can still be a rising star even if their party falling. Think, a rising star on a crappy team. I was wrong to associate her as one. The one thing I agree with her on is the Trumpsters and Qanon backers will destroy the party. If they have any hope to turn their party around it will come from the conservatives. So in some sense, she needs to be the rally point for regaining some kind of respectability for the party, thus stopping their decline. They are failing because they won't let Trump go. I detest her, but I find nothing wrong with her stance. I am even giving her credit for standing her ground against the crazies as DB posted. If she wins, she would be a rising star or at least a power broker within the party.

Yeah, they are hated by the Trumpsters, so I agree with you on that. I never said DeSantis status wasn't raising within Trumpsters ranks. He, Cruz and others are definitely trying the Trump wave.
    They need a more McCain party. Moderates that dont give a ****. Get rid of the southern strategy. Don't pander to anyone but get some diversity. A community focused party that pushes common sense and doesn't appease racism could do very well.

Preach common sense and strengthening community bonds. Preach gun control through safety. Praise protecting the environment and education on nature. Be pro hunter not pro death.

But I don't think a single person from the GOP leadership should lead. Be the party that asks for caution. Tries to extend values that conservatism should uphold. Good to your neighbor. Mind your damn business. Privacy not isolation.

These things have value in our society and are missing in a lot of ways. My fear in following Cheyney is you're going to end up with a way to far right party again.

But honestly. My bold prediction is in 4 years Trump runs. Gets a bunch of donations and drops out. Killing the GOP. No leader. No morals. No values. Just racism and guns.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    They need a more McCain party. Moderates that dont give a ****. Get rid of the southern strategy. Don't pander to anyone but get some diversity. A community focused party that pushes common sense and doesn't appease racism could do very well.

Preach common sense and strengthening community bonds. Preach gun control through safety. Praise protecting the environment and education on nature. Be pro hunter not pro death.

But I don't think a single person from the GOP leadership should lead. Be the party that asks for caution. Tries to extend values that conservatism should uphold. Good to your neighbor. Mind your damn business. Privacy not isolation.

These things have value in our society and are missing in a lot of ways. My fear in following Cheyney is you're going to end up with a way to far right party again.

But honestly. My bold prediction is in 4 years Trump runs. Gets a bunch of donations and drops out. Killing the GOP. No leader. No morals. No values. Just racism and guns.
    Their only strategy to achieve electoral victory isn't something they will give up. They have no hope (10+% margin of victory) in states that award 210 electoral votes. Meanwhile Democrats have no hope (same metric) in states that award 125 electoral votes. It takes 270 to win, which means the Democrats need 60 electoral votes from 16 states while republicans need 145 electoral votes from those states.

Just look at the three closest states on either side (Texas, Florida, and North Carolina for the Democrats and Georgia, Arizona, and Wisconsin for the Republicans). Those three states for the Democrats represent a potential gain of 35% of the Republican's electoral college vote in 2020. They need to protect that desperately and they want to get the 12% of the Democrat's electoral college vote in 2020.

The Southern Strategy is their only chance. Voters don't like their policies.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Complete overhaul? I don't think they are able to do that. There were calls to increase their diversity, I think it was the late Jack Kemp, but that fall on deaf ears.
    Last edited by WES445; 05-17-2021 at 12:33 AM.

Will Rogers

The last thing the GOP needs is a more McCain or Romney party. They need leaders who are willing to stand up to the MSM when needed, can lead and reach out to the other side on compromise when needed.

DeSantis/Scott would be the perfect combo IMO. DeSantis is like Trump in that he’s not going to take crap from the media but he does it in a much better way than Trump did it. He can get each side of the GOP party for votes as well. You also know the dems are scared of him and already trying to make up BS stories to bring him down

There you go. The rise of the Trumpsters. No policies, just attitude toward the media and instilling fear in the Dems, yet to be able to reach out to the other side. Yeah, goosing stepping in brown shirts.
    Last edited by WES445; 05-17-2021 at 12:42 AM.

Will Rogers

There you go. The rise of the Trumpsters. No policies, just attitude toward the media and instilling fear in the Dems, yet to be able to reach out to the other side. Yeah, goosing stepping in brown shirts.
    Never been about any policies. It is nice to hear them openly brag about it.

Democrats: we cut your taxes and sent you a $1400 direct payment to boot.
    Republicans: *shrieking about Dr. Suess*
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast