Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 152
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Near Indy
    Posts
    513
    Republicans are mostly spawn of the Devil. While they accuse others without merit, they themselves drink the blood of children.

    Yeah I know, but the truth is worse than this.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    7,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue6 View Post
    Republicans are mostly spawn of the Devil. While they accuse others without merit, they themselves drink the blood of children.

    Yeah I know, but the truth is worse than this.
    Oh look another Walter but worse


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    14,679
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    You can complain about it all you want, but it's true for both parties.
    Regardless of whether your a Bernie Bro, or a Corporate Dem, or a Pro/Never Trumper. You gotta be able to raise money for the parties, she isn't doing that right now.
    I was a commenting on a sad fact. Once again that was the reason I left the democrat party. Donor control Anyway you are wrong in assuming that fundraising was the problem.


    Bro, it didn't matter that she wouldn't Kowtow to Trump, she voted for impeachment, and they had a vote on whether to keep her in her position LAST JANUARY, she was voted to stay OVERWHELMINGLY. The anti-Liz vote was like 40 people vs 160.
    No, her refusing to Kowtow is irrelevant.

    Newsweek doesn't pay attention to conservative voices beyond a couple of large donors, she has NO BASE, and will likely lose in a primary.
    She isn't a rising star, she's the total opposite of that.
    A rising star is DeSantis. As it stands he's the safe bet to win the primary, in fact even within MAGA circles he's considered more popular than Trump himself.

    First of all it's difficult to push policies when you control neither house of govt.

    Second of all, that child tax credit that people are giving credit to Biden for was literally proposed and pushed for by Mitt ****ing Romney and Josh Hawly, so yes, they are pushing policies.
    Just saying that DeSantis is the rising star shows me you are trumpster and you haven't been watching what is going on in the republican party. Chenney is a force on the conservative side of the republican party as well as Romney.

    I really don't care how either of us frames it, the republican party is imploding in the flavor of the Trumpsters. Happy sailing. Maybe the Trumpster can get Trump to run again. And you bit ch about AOC when y' all have Greene running around acting a psychopathic moron.

    Hoo-Hoo, all aboard the Trump Train.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,811
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I was a commenting on a sad fact. Once again that was the reason I left the democrat party. Donor control Anyway you are wrong in assuming that fundraising was the problem.

    Just saying that DeSantis is the rising star shows me you are trumpster and you haven't been watching what is going on in the republican party. Chenney is a force on the conservative side of the republican party as well as Romney.

    I really don't care how either of us frames it, the republican party is imploding in the flavor of the Trumpsters. Happy sailing. Maybe the Trumpster can get Trump to run again. And you bit ch about AOC when y' all have Greene running around acting a psychopathic moron.

    Hoo-Hoo, all aboard the Trump Train.
    I mean. To call someone a rising star in a pummeting party is silly.

    But DeSantis is definitely getting the early push from Fox.

    Romney and Cheney will probably step down. They are hated among a lot of GOP members.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Near Indy
    Posts
    513
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Oh look another Walter but worse


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We seem to have a lefty playbook. About time for righties:

    Republicans are Devil worshipers, knowingly or unknowingly.
    They hate the poor and believe they are in that condition because they deserve it.
    Their bowel obstructions make them obstructionists in most matters--merit or not be damned..
    They either desire young girls and children or just boys.
    They deny they are white supremacists while constantly crafting Jim Crow Laws.
    They wear dirty underwear.
    Last edited by Blue6; 05-16-2021 at 11:09 AM.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    12,153

    Trump Republicans CANCEL Liz Cheney

    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    They voted overwhelmingly NOT to kick her out of leadership back in January, they're only kicking her out now, because she's doing a **** job of Fundraising (which is the main job of her position) and she's also being annoying.
    If she was still doing a good job at fundraising, then no one would give ****.
    She had her best fundraising quarter ever to start 21. Her being annoying is related to the party supporting the type of stuff that lead to Jan 6 and not wanting to hold Trump accountable for his continuous lies. He’s directly gone at her and others over this and the party has followed suit.

    So while we agree this has to do with her being “annoying” that is due to trumpism. Remove him and the insanity around the election and she is no longer “annoying” but that narrative has been extremely important to trump and the party clearly still caters to him.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #82
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    12,153

    Trump Republicans CANCEL Liz Cheney

    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Has her free speech been taken from her?
    Cancel culture isn’t dependent on having free speech removed. In fact often times the people have and exercise free speech it’s just that a large group of people want them held accountable for what they choose to do/say with that freedom. They want them fired or removed or whatever due to what they said or did with their free speech


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    98,623
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    You can complain about it all you want, but it's true for both parties.
    Regardless of whether your a Bernie Bro, or a Corporate Dem, or a Pro/Never Trumper. You gotta be able to raise money for the parties, she isn't doing that right now.


    Bro, it didn't matter that she wouldn't Kowtow to Trump, she voted for impeachment, and they had a vote on whether to keep her in her position LAST JANUARY, she was voted to stay OVERWHELMINGLY. The anti-Liz vote was like 40 people vs 160.
    No, her refusing to Kowtow is irrelevant.

    Newsweek doesn't pay attention to conservative voices beyond a couple of large donors, she has NO BASE, and will likely lose in a primary.
    She isn't a rising star, she's the total opposite of that.
    A rising star is DeSantis. As it stands he's the safe bet to win the primary, in fact even within MAGA circles he's considered more popular than Trump himself.

    First of all it's difficult to push policies when you control neither house of govt.

    Second of all, that child tax credit that people are giving credit to Biden for was literally proposed and pushed for by Mitt ****ing Romney and Josh Hawly, so yes, they are pushing policies.
    Was it her being a bad fundraiser? Or was it all the credit card fraud reports that they had to refund when Win Red put those “recurring donation” check marks on people’s donations? They literally cleaned out people’s bank accounts. I believe in the recent months, the GOP accounted for a couple of percent of all credit card fraud claims.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    14,679
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    I mean. To call someone a rising star in a pummeting party is silly.

    But DeSantis is definitely getting the early push from Fox.

    Romney and Cheney will probably step down. They are hated among a lot of GOP members.
    I was overblown on the rising star, one can still be a rising star even if their party falling. Think, a rising star on a crappy team. I was wrong to associate her as one. The one thing I agree with her on is the Trumpsters and Qanon backers will destroy the party. If they have any hope to turn their party around it will come from the conservatives. So in some sense, she needs to be the rally point for regaining some kind of respectability for the party, thus stopping their decline. They are failing because they won't let Trump go. I detest her, but I find nothing wrong with her stance. I am even giving her credit for standing her ground against the crazies as DB posted. If she wins, she would be a rising star or at least a power broker within the party.

    Yeah, they are hated by the Trumpsters, so I agree with you on that. I never said DeSantis status wasn't raising within Trumpsters ranks. He, Cruz and others are definitely trying the Trump wave.
    Last edited by WES445; 05-16-2021 at 12:21 PM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    98,623
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Cancel culture isn’t dependent on having free speech removed. In fact often times the people have and exercise free speech it’s just that a large group of people want them held accountable for what they choose to do/say with that freedom. They want them fired or removed or whatever due to what they said or did with their free speech


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Weird how when it’s someone they oppose suddenly an even minor restriction isn’t removing their right to speak or canceling them. When it’s someone they support if there is even a modicum of restriction then it’s socialism and communism and tyranny. Weird!

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    14,679
    AHHHH, the sweet smell of tribalism in the morning air. Nothing like it.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

  12. #87
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    12,153
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Weird how when it’s someone they oppose suddenly an even minor restriction isn’t removing their right to speak or canceling them. When it’s someone they support if there is even a modicum of restriction then it’s socialism and communism and tyranny. Weird!
    I think it is fair to note there are levels, sometimes cancel culture approach is simply a way for accountability. However I agree and I think that other thread exposed extreme hypocrisy from many as it pertains to cancel culture. Many seem to simply base it on whether it is a dem or rep involved in canceling/being cancelled as we saw via many examples. This isn't one of the more extreme examples either given the context I would say but anyone denying that Trump/Cheneys response to his lies isn't a part of this is probably trying to avoid the obvious for whatever reason that may be (I don't think the people claiming it had to do with fundraising have looked into the actual fundraising numbers at all whether it be her record Q1, GOP record March etc. they have been doing good there despite this narrative).

    She is pretty clearly being punished for using her free speech against the made up lies pushed by Trump that are being supported by many many others in the party currently. It isn't an extreme example of trying to ruin someone's life but Trump is backing a competitor to her, they are removing her from this position etc. so they are clearly working to push her out of any prominent positioning and far and away the biggest issue with her seems to be "dividing the party" aka not going along with the lies Trump keeps pushing (the party is clearly catering to Trumpism).

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    98,623
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I think it is fair to note there are levels, sometimes cancel culture approach is simply a way for accountability. However I agree and I think that other thread exposed extreme hypocrisy from many as it pertains to cancel culture. Many seem to simply base it on whether it is a dem or rep involved in canceling/being cancelled as we saw via many examples. This isn't one of the more extreme examples either given the context I would say but anyone denying that Trump/Cheneys response to his lies isn't a part of this is probably trying to avoid the obvious for whatever reason that may be (I don't think the people claiming it had to do with fundraising have looked into the actual fundraising numbers at all whether it be her record Q1, GOP record March etc. they have been doing good there despite this narrative).

    She is pretty clearly being punished for using her free speech against the made up lies pushed by Trump that are being supported by many many others in the party currently. It isn't an extreme example of trying to ruin someone's life but Trump is backing a competitor to her, they are removing her from this position etc. so they are clearly working to push her out of any prominent positioning and far and away the biggest issue with her seems to be "dividing the party" aka not going along with the lies Trump keeps pushing (the party is clearly catering to Trumpism).
    Can you find examples where they’ve acted like this when someone they supported had the forces of the free market exerted? Or someone they oppose has those forces and they stood up against it in the same way?

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    16,973
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    AHHHH, the sweet smell of tribalism in the morning air. Nothing like it.
    is that what that is....I looked at my shoes, thought I stepped in something
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  15. #90
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    12,153
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Can you find examples where they’ve acted like this when someone they supported had the forces of the free market exerted? Or someone they oppose has those forces and they stood up against it in the same way?
    Well I won't say there aren't any on the entire forum but generally speaking nothing comes to mind and that's basically my point in saying those denying it here at all are likely trying to avoid the obvious and the rest of the post gets into that. I agree with the idea there is a lot of hypocrisy from some posters that we saw in the cancel culture thread or here defending this when they wouldn't if it were another identity involved.

    I just was noting I don't think this is that extreme of a situation in this sense either though. The context makes it a little different here in that if the republican party wants to devolve into Trumpism they can. They have to make changes aka cancel those in higher positions that are not with the platform if they want to be all in on it but it also isn't in a way to ruin someone's life or anything like more extreme examples.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •