Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Sogard?

Duffy and Sogard are legit helping this team. Who would have imagined?

"But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it."

- Romans 8:25

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Let's not let 1 PA confuse us. Sogard had a 68 wRC+ entering tonight. Every year that would make him the worst hitter in baseball, or at best, second worst. His one PA helped. Sogard, overall, hasn't.

It's a reminder of the oddity of baseball. 162 games X 32 teams = weird things happening fairly regularly. We witnessed one tonight. It was fun. Unexpected. Enjoyable. And should not cloud the fact Sogard had been hot trash and will assuredly continue to be hot trash. It was a fleeting moment. That's not being negative, I'm all about getting unexpected production and scoring runs...its just not correct to say he's been helping us.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 05-11-2021 at 07:40 PM.

Alzolay is legit… he has some great tools.

Yeah for me if a bench guy helps their team win 1 or 2 games a week with the bat and or glove he doing ok...

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by btd View Post
    Alzolay is legit… he has some great tools.
    Yessir. Hes the tip of the spear. Cubs have had some great developmental steps in their pitching department. I'm still concerned about workload and "can he withstand a full year SP load?" but stuff wise he's an MLB arm who's made a lot of progress.

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Yeah for me if a bench guy helps their team win 1 or 2 games a week with the bat and or glove he doing ok...

Sogard has been worth 0.0 fWAR on the season. He literally hasn't helped anyone win anything.

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post

This is just pure nonsense. He's legit been one of the worst hitters in baseball. There's probably atleast 100 bench guys who would help this team more. How many games does he help lose a week because the Cubs have to start him or he takes an at bat that could have gone to an actual good hitter?

According to Boog, Heyward leads the team in hard hit percentage? If only he could fix his swing and get the ball in the air...

Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    This is just pure nonsense. He's legit been one of the worst hitters in baseball. There's probably atleast 100 bench guys who would help this team more. How many games does he help lose a week because the Cubs have to start him or he takes an at bat that could have gone to an actual good hitter?
    Well, he gives the team some versatility. He might suck, but he sucks less than quite a few of our hitters against people with velocity, and he seems to work the count and build up pitch counts.

"But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it."

- Romans 8:25

According to Boog, Heyward leads the team in hard hit percentage? If only he could fix his swing and get the ball in the air...
    Ground balls have higher exit velo usually. But he's not hit well at all this year. He's struggling. His LA is 1/2 what it was last year. He does need to get the ball up like last year.

Glad to see Ross stick with Alzolay here in the 6th

This offense minus Bryant...ouch.

Well, he gives the team some versatility. He might suck, but he sucks less than quite a few of our hitters against people with velocity, and he seems to work the count and build up pitch counts.
    He has a .222 xwOBA. Being versatile literally only matters if you're good. Being bad at a lot of things just means you're bad.

Sogard is just bad. Hes a 0 fWAR player thus far and has the leagues worst expected wOBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    Im sure there probably a ton of players better then him, but Hoyer chose Sogard over everyone else, that has nothing to do with my comment, i didn't say he was a good player.

What good player do the cubs have on their roster now that should be playing SS or 2B ahead of him

I’m really excited about Alzolay. He made 2 mistakes tonight but he’s been really really good. Things seemed to start getting away from him a little in the 5th, so it was really nice to see him come back and retire them in order in the 6th.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast