Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    If you could get Hayes to wave his NMC, a possible trade of Hayes, Jake, Patrick, this year's 1st pick, and a prospect. Not sure where Buffalo sits with the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    If you could get Hayes to wave his NMC, a possible trade of Hayes, Jake, Patrick, this year's 1st pick, and a prospect. Not sure where Buffalo sits with the cap.
    I seriously doubt Buffalo goes for that. That's a lot of cap being dumped. It's gonna cost the Flyers a significant prospect package.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    I seriously doubt Buffalo goes for that. That's a lot of cap being dumped. It's gonna cost the Flyers a significant prospect package.
    That seems so far from what they'd be looking for it's almost laughable.

Something more like:

Patrick
    Frost
    Brink
    2021 1st
    2022 1st

Would be more realistic and quite possibly will cost more than that. Have to think that the Flyers will have a ton of competition for his services and someone like the Rangers who will be looking to buy can offer some really elite packages. If that's the package it takes, I pull the trigger 100/100 times.

kings can top anyhting...even the rangers

we would have to include a defensemen. Patrick is definitely not gunna be a part of that deal

tk, frost, zamula, 1st....something like that maybe

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    kings can top anyhting...even the rangers

we would have to include a defensemen. Patrick is definitely not gunna be a part of that deal

tk, frost, zamula, 1st....something like that maybe
    And this is more realistic for a player of his caliber.

That said, I'm not pulling the trigger here. Too many blue(ish) chips for me for a guy with a pending back surgery who everyone thinks has to be moved.

I'm wondering what it's gonna cost us (if anything) in the Expansion Draft if Fletcher is trying to get Seattle to take Voracek or JVR?

Quote Originally Posted by SportsNutMike View Post
    I'm wondering what it's gonna cost us (if anything) in the Expansion Draft if Fletcher is trying to get Seattle to take Voracek or JVR?
    Ideally Seattle takes Jake or JVR and hopefully they do. I just see them taking someone unexpected and it screwing us for cap space and forcing a trade of Jake or JVR that we won't get much for.

I'm just thinking it may cost Fletcher something to ensure that SEA takes either JVR or Voracek in the expansion draft....Ghost will probably be exposed in the draft also - he's younger, better contract....Hell even Hagg will probably be exposed....even younger, even better contract, and a defensive defenseman to start a new franchise...

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Ideally Seattle takes Jake or JVR and hopefully they do. I just see them taking someone unexpected and it screwing us for cap space and forcing a trade of Jake or JVR that we won't get much for.
    The line of thinking that it's a bad thing if they take Haag or Ghost doesn't make sense to me. Honestly, it doesn't screw us at all. We know that we are going to pursue a trade for Jakey if he doesn't go to Seattle. It doesn't hurt too bad to keep him though so we don't have to trade him. That said, we likely end up trading him. JVR, I think, is a high probability to go to Seattle. Only 2 years left on the contract (Salaries of 7M and 5M w/ AAV of 7M) and is a top 6 fwd with 1st PP ability. He is probably a top 5 guy in the NHL in front of opponents nets when utilized properly as well. Ghost would save us 4.5M on the cap as well...Hak did not like Ghost in Philly lol...actually, I don't think he liked any of our guys...haha.

We are likely going to have cap space for FAs this offseason which is nice...As composed, our team is probably going to look something like this....

G - Couts - TK
    Joel - Hayes - Frost/Lindblom/Patrick
    Frost/Lindblom/Patrick - Patrick/Frost - Allison
    Twarynski - Laughton - NAK

Provy - York
    Myers - Sanheim
    Braun/Haag/Morin/Ghost/Zamula

Hart - Elliot

That's if both JVR and Jake are gone...That team has tons of cap left over for improvements at D. I see either Dougie or Seth coming to Philly and really solidifying the D corps...

Provy w/ Dougie/Seth
    Myers w/ Sanheim
    York w/ Braun/Ghost/Hagg/Morin/Zamula

I also can see the possibility of adding a forward or two and letting Patrick go somewhere else. I'm not sure with the forwards to be honest. The picture will become more clear next Wednesday though. Giving Frost a full time shot next year is a must in my opinion though. Hopefully that shoulder healed up nice. York looked really good in his 3 or so games.

And this is more realistic for a player of his caliber.

That said, I'm not pulling the trigger here. Too many blue(ish) chips for me for a guy with a pending back surgery who everyone thinks has to be moved.
    it wasn't bad enough that last season turned to **** because all of our young players collapsed; as a nice bonus, our offseason plans are also being railroaded because those prospects (and young players) lost most of their trade value in the process.

i understand why people want to dump g, jvr, hayes, voracek, ghost and hagg; i just can't agree with that mentality after having seen our developmental system collapse miserably, just 6 months ago. if you take away the veterans that are pulling their weight, what's left is just a bunch of young players who don't.

G - Couts - TK
    Joel - Hayes - Lindblom
    Parise - Patrick/Frost/laughton - Allison

Provy-XXXX
    Suter-myers
    Sanheim-?????

I'm not sure Parise has much left to give other than to be a veteran voice in the locker room. I wouldn't hate adding him on a cheap 1 year deal if he's getting limited minute.

As for the defense more like:

Provorov - Sanheim
    Suter - Myers
    York - ?
    Hagg

Maybe go all in on signing Dougie? One can dream lol!

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    I'm not sure Parise has much left to give other than to be a veteran voice in the locker room. I wouldn't hate adding him on a cheap 1 year deal if he's getting limited minute.

As for the defense more like:

Provorov - Sanheim
    Suter - Myers
    York - ?
    Hagg

Maybe go all in on signing Dougie? One can dream lol!
    Do whatever you want lol. Just get me suter and Parise on cheap vet deals Chucky.

Parise fills the future holes that should get created by jettisoning Jake and JVR. Suter, still is a top four dman.

Both provide veteran leadership and at a minimum a drive to get that ring before they're done.

Parise was still positive CF relative to his teamates this season, and positive play driver last season. Still think he's a solid third liner in this league.

the best way to gauge whether the flyers are as desperate as some fans think they should be is to see whether they're linked to anthony deangelo.

if they're willing to sniff around that crackhead lunatic, you can rest assured that they are doing everything they can to try not to lose next season

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast