Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    I honestly think the Canes are the best in the division right now. It's between the Canes, Flyers, and Caps IMO. The Canes have super solid lineup and have quietly created one of the top organizations in the NHL. The Flyers also had Atkinson and Yandle they added, and have the possibility of young players such as York, Frost, and Allison making an impact this year. The defense in front of Hart should be markedly better so this is seeming like a no-excuses type season for him. Our question mark seems to be in our coaches and can they stay healthy. Just my 2 cents...
    i agree. I think ellis, Atkinson, and yandle will be great for us. I see yandle scoring 30-40 and providing a much needed spark for our top pp. He might not be the best at even strength but he wont play much there and braun should really solidify the bottom pair---he wont play in the top 4 anymore thank god.

I cant see hart being that bad again..just cant. I also think jones can be a decent backup. I don't have much faith in him but I don't think he is worse than elliot. I wouldn't really look at the shark numbers....that team was absolutely garbage.

I think Yandle needs a walker at this point. This team misses the playoffs with any significant injury.

Time to trade everyone and rebuild around Couturier target 2 years from now to win. Im depressed about this team.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    I think Yandle needs a walker at this point. This team misses the playoffs with any significant injury.

Time to trade everyone and rebuild around Couturier target 2 years from now to win. Im depressed about this team.
    curious on your thoughts on why its so bad rn. I get the risto stuff but everything else has looked like a decent move (I admit it took me awhile to get there lol),

We can't really commit to a full rebuild as we have guys signed for lengthy periods. We have to go for it while we have couts...we arent like the kings in that sense.

Out vets can still bring it. Farabee is a stud. We need some big development from hart, Allison, lindblom, frost, york/zamula here. I can see hart/tk bouncing back and hopefully lindblom becomes his normal self again because he brings the intangibles that our team really needs.

As for yandle...if he can come in and make the pp better I don't think its the worst thing ever. Sure york can play rn but he wouldn't play the pp with ellis/risto/sanheim ahead of him. Might as well let him dominate the ahl and come next year strong af. As for injuries...we have york/zamula/frost all capable of stepping in for a top player for a period of time. If any of our top 4 d/top6 f go down with an injury, those 3 are more than capable of stepping in. We also have lindblom/allison who will start (most likely) on the 4th line that can move up when needed.

Morin is gone again

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Morin is gone again
    https://mobile.twitter.com/MainTeamS...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

So I'm seeing conflicting reports on morin.

Either way, far more concerned about Allison.

Kevin Hayes out 6-8 weeks.
    Allison timetable unknown...

Frost's time is now, or maybe never?

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Kevin Hayes out 6-8 weeks.
    Allison timetable unknown...

Frost's time is now, or maybe never?
    only silver lining is that frost is pretty much given a spot now which is awesome. Hopefully he runs with it and once hayes is back thompson can never see a minute again

G-couts-tk
    JVR-frost-Atkinson
    laughton-brassard-farabee
    lindblom-thompson/lazcynski-nak

wingers are all interchangeable

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    only silver lining is that frost is pretty much given a spot now which is awesome. Hopefully he runs with it and once hayes is back thompson can never see a minute again

G-couts-tk
    JVR-frost-Atkinson
    laughton-brassard-farabee
    lindblom-thompson/lazcynski-nak

wingers are all interchangeable
    Not excited about brassard in the middle. Really think for lineup balance giroux needs to move back.

Jvr-couts-farabee
    Oscar (big ask)-giroux-TK
    Laughton-Frost-Atkinson
    Brassard-nate-NAK

Not excited about brassard in the middle. Really think for lineup balance giroux needs to move back.
    moving giroux back to center seems like it would be an admission that he's not going to be a flyer next year.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    moving giroux back to center seems like it would be an admission that he's not going to be a flyer next year.
    I'm not sure I follow this logic.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post

Jvr-couts-farabee
    Oscar (big ask)-giroux-TK
    Laughton-Frost-Atkinson
    Brassard-nate-NAK
    Not a fan of JVR on the top line or G in the center. Guess training camp will work out who is playing where. Maybe Frost can step up and center the 2nd line, G can still handle the face-offs.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Not a fan of JVR on the top line or G in the center. Guess training camp will work out who is playing where. Maybe Frost can step up and center the 2nd line, G can still handle the face-offs.
    Still should find away to NOT have brassard in the top nine at this point of his career. Especially at center. That JVR-COUTS-FARABEE line was one of the few bright spots last year. While it's not ideal, it may be usable for a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Also, regardless of Girouxs ability to play wing, he's still the second best center on this team. Without Hayes, it may be necessary to move him to win games.

Laughton can play 3C or even 2C if needed. It would be better if Frost wins the position out of camp and then they can figure it out after Hayes comes back.

Selling the farm for eichel is still an idea I kinda might like

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast