Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Regardless of all of these moves, our success will rely on, AGAIN lol, whether or not frost can take over 3c (thereby putting laughton on the wing and strengthening our depth) and be successful, hart rebounding which I definitely think he can do with an upgraded defense (hopefully), a rebound for lindblom and tk, provorov+sanheim taking another step. Tk, provorov, sanheim all took steps back and we need them to get better or we will be another first round exit.

All I can say is thank goodness we locked up Provorov when we did with these defender contracts being handed out this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    All I can say is thank goodness we locked up Provorov when we did with these defender contracts being handed out this summer.
    I was thinking this too. The only concern is what does this mean for Sanheim (if anything)? You know his pay won't exceed Nurse's and really shouldn't approach it ($5.6AAV).

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    I was thinking this too. The only concern is what does this mean for Sanheim (if anything)? You know his pay won't exceed Nurse's and really shouldn't approach it ($5.6AAV).
    I think chucks done a really good job letting us know what hart and sanheim will be getting AAV wise.

He's left about 8 million in cap to sign both. Likely wants about 500k-1 million in cap space flexibility throughout the season.

Leads me to believe sanheim and hart combined will end up right around 7-7.5 combined AAV. Best guess has hart between 2.5-3 with sanheim between 4-5.

The term will be the sticky point. I anticipate two bridge deals.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    I think chucks done a really good job letting us know what hart and sanheim will be getting AAV wise.

He's left about 8 million in cap to sign both. Likely wants about 500k-1 million in cap space flexibility throughout the season.

Leads me to believe sanheim and hart combined will end up right around 7-7.5 combined AAV. Best guess has hart between 2.5-3 with sanheim between 4-5.

The term will be the sticky point. I anticipate two bridge deals.
    Yeah, that's pretty much what I've been saying in here. Around 3M AAV for Hart and 4.5M AAV for Sanheim. Now the Flyer have elected to head into arbitration with Sanheim. If they get to the hearing date (estimated between the 11th and 26th) the term can only max out at 2 years (which Sanheim would likely choose to get into UFA). Arbitration would seem like the best short term AAV situation for the Flyers because he would likely get a deal decentl north of Montour's 3.5 AAV....closer but slightly north of Maata's deal would be fair...I think in arbitration he ends up with two years $8-8.7M...Hart will likely get a 2-3 years and around 3 per.

Somewhat shockingly, the NHL Salary cap is projected to increase in 2022-23 (if lockdowns happen again). Granted the increase is only expected to be in the ballpark of $1M...That said, it's a step in the right direction.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I've been saying in here. Around 3M AAV for Hart and 4.5M AAV for Sanheim. Now the Flyer have elected to head into arbitration with Sanheim. If they get to the hearing date (estimated between the 11th and 26th) the term can only max out at 2 years (which Sanheim would likely choose to get into UFA). Arbitration would seem like the best short term AAV situation for the Flyers because he would likely get a deal decentl north of Montour's 3.5 AAV....closer but slightly north of Maata's deal would be fair...I think in arbitration he ends up with two years $8-8.7M...Hart will likely get a 2-3 years and around 3 per.
    3 years 11.9 mill

Basically a 4 mill AAV.

I don't like it, but I guess it's done. Could still be a steal of a deal, if he bounces back.

I can't hate the deal....I figured he'd get between 3-3.5 million for 3 years...

With the revamping of the defense he should/better show improvement next year.

3 years 11.9 mill

Basically a 4 mill AAV.

I don't like it, but I guess it's done. Could still be a steal of a deal, if he bounces back.
    Yeah...I mean, I guess I like the deal since I think he will be a RFA at the end of it still and we get 3 years of Hart. Shesterkin got 5.7 AAV which is insane to me over 3 years. With only Sanheim left to sign, we have 6.5M left (after making a couple roster moves like moving Morin, Tanner, Cates down to get to 12 Fwds and 6 D).

Yeah...I mean, I guess I like the deal since I think he will be a RFA at the end of it still and we get 3 years of Hart. Shesterkin got 5.7 AAV which is insane to me over 3 years. With only Sanheim left to sign, we have 6.5M left (after making a couple roster moves like moving Morin, Tanner, Cates down to get to 12 Fwds and 6 D).
    Well, they're going to carry at least two extra skaters. 1 D 1F.

Factoring in Morin and someone like Tanner or frost as your 13th and they have under 5 to get sanheim done.

Keep in mind flexibility throughout the season is also important.

I think there might be one more deal coming to create a little more wiggle throughout the season.

...I have no clue what's going on now...Talk of Josh Manson being targeted...That has to mean that Sanheim would go the other way right?

Well, they're going to carry at least two extra skaters. 1 D 1F.

Factoring in Morin and someone like Tanner or frost as your 13th and they have under 5 to get sanheim done.

Keep in mind flexibility throughout the season is also important.

I think there might be one more deal coming to create a little more wiggle throughout the season.
    Definitely want to have an extra 750k+ or so for flexibility throughout the season, I agree. What could that "one more deal" even be though? There really isn't anyone left on the roster that can be moved at this point. I don't think we end up moving JVR anymore because there's really no takers it seems.

This is the way that Josh Manson kinda could make sense. Under contract for 4.1M this year and we could probably trade some salary to get him or something. How though...I really don't like the idea of giving up on Sanheim...

I'd like to see the Flyers go into the season with over a million in cap room.

The cap space going into the season could possibly help with trades in season. It would allow them to take on salary of teams looking to deal players (assuming they're better then what we have already).

Definitely want to have an extra 750k+ or so for flexibility throughout the season, I agree. What could that "one more deal" even be though? There really isn't anyone left on the roster that can be moved at this point. I don't think we end up moving JVR anymore because there's really no takers it seems.

This is the way that Josh Manson kinda could make sense. Under contract for 4.1M this year and we could probably trade some salary to get him or something. How though...I really don't like the idea of giving up on Sanheim...
    Not really interested in Manson myself. Especially if the cost is sanheim.

The Manson interest may be (just a theory here) a backup plan if they're having issues on an extension with risto. We heard about the flyers interest well in advance of acquiring both risto and Ellis. This could be another example.

I also feel the flyers should be looking ahead to the deadline. I feel like Calgary will once again be sellers. It's time to seriously look at bringing Johny hockey home. Both cap space and assets will be needed. Obviously you can't go all in on a potential future deal. But you should be allowing yourself enough flexibility when/if it becomes possible

Not really interested in Manson myself. Especially if the cost is sanheim.

The Manson interest may be (just a theory here) a backup plan if they're having issues on an extension with risto. We heard about the flyers interest well in advance of acquiring both risto and Ellis. This could be another example.

I also feel the flyers should be looking ahead to the deadline. I feel like Calgary will once again be sellers. It's time to seriously look at bringing Johny hockey home. Both cap space and assets will be needed. Obviously you can't go all in on a potential future deal. But you should be allowing yourself enough flexibility when/if it becomes possible
    I have no interest in Manson even if he's free. We already have Risto. He don't need a similar player.

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast