Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    I'd really like some sort of explanation to how you're confident York is better than Yandle
    A traffic cone would make for a better defender than Yandle. Did you not get enough of watching Gus last season? Yandle is still useful in an extremely sheltered role, but I'm having a really hard time getting around the idea that he and Braun will be on the ice at the same time. It's going to be a disaster at es.

If he was brought in as the 7th Damn and a veteran voice in the locker room it might be ok but why not use Morin in that role and let Ellis be the veteran in the locker room. Morin showed promise last year when he was moved back to D.

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    While I agree with all that has been said, there was also a reason why Yandle was having trouble cracking the lineup in Florida. York should really be in the lineup at the start of the season. He looked really good in the games he played last year. Nothing too flashy, but never really looked out of place. I can't really even remember a goal that I was like "man he was out of position/didn't do his job". I can't say the same about Braun that's for sure hahaha
    Yandle played 56 games. I'm not sure that's a sign of him having trouble cracking the lineup

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    York Yandle would be a good pairing.
    Both men would get out-muscled in the corners and in front of the net.

Some takes from an article written by Colby Guy:

- Yandle creates more goals than he allows, with his expected goals for per 60 being at 2.41 while his expected goals against per 60 was at 2.12 during the 2020-21 season. If you look closely at the numbers, you will find that Yandle is better than what he’s been given credit for.

-Yandle’s 27 points this season ties him for 29th out of all defensemen in the NHL. With 18 of them coming on the power play, he ranks as the sixth-most effective blueliner with the man advantage. With just 33.3% of his assists being secondaries

-he was on the ice for 32 of Florida’s 39 power-play goals this season, ranking second in the league in that area.

-Final Grade: B
    While a lot of Yandle’s defensive metrics were still league average this season, the good outweighed the bad for the veteran defenseman. If he were to play with a stay-at-home defenseman who would help mitigate his mistakes next season, he would definitely be productive in 2021-22.

i would not be shocked at something like this happening on opening night:

provorov - braun
    sanheim - ellis
    yandle/york - ristolainen

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    A traffic cone would make for a better defender than Yandle. Did you not get enough of watching Gus last season? Yandle is still useful in an extremely sheltered role, but I'm having a really hard time getting around the idea that he and Braun will be on the ice at the same time. It's going to be a disaster at es.
    I don't believe you're going to see as much Yandle and Braun as you think. Obviously they'll play some together. But I think Yandle will get a lot of shifts in the Ozone with one of the other dmen.

Meanwhile I think youll see provy/sanheim skating shifts with Braun when they start in their own end.

Let's put it this way, Yandle can be extremely useful on this team if properly coached. Idk if AV is going to be creative enough, but I like chuck giving him extra tools.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    i would not be shocked at something like this happening on opening night:

provorov - braun
    sanheim - ellis
    yandle/york - ristolainen
    I'm never shocked by bad lineups as a flyers fan.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    I don't believe you're going to see as much Yandle and Braun as you think. Obviously they'll play some together. But I think Yandle will get a lot of shifts in the Ozone with one of the other dmen.

Meanwhile I think youll see provy/sanheim skating shifts with Braun when they start in their own end.

Let's put it this way, Yandle can be extremely useful on this team if properly coached. Idk if AV is going to be creative enough, but I like chuck giving him extra tools.
    Like I said, I don't have an issue with Chuck signing him to a cheap 1 year deal. My concern is with how he is going to be utilized. There aren't really any good options to pair him with on the right side. We'll see how AV utilizes the lineup.

Martin Jones, 1 year, $2m. There's your backup.

Not in love with the move, but i don't hate it. One year is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Like I said, I don't have an issue with Chuck signing him to a cheap 1 year deal. My concern is with how he is going to be utilized. There aren't really any good options to pair him with on the right side. We'll see how AV utilizes the lineup.
    Big year for AV imo. Chuck went and got pieces. Now AV, and his staff, need to make it work.

What would a longer term deal for Sanheim and/or Hart look like? I'm thinking Hart could be a 5 year 17.5M and Sanheim could be a 5 year 22.5M type deal...but I'm literally just guessing on both. Hart getting more term would cost us more in the short term and more in the long term.

Also, Capfriendly has us at 11.7 before the jones signing so 9.7....but they have Morin, Cates, Tanner, and Frost on there. I think only Frosty stays there. York, Yandle, and probably Allison will be on the roster...so the swaps will cost around 75k. We should have 9.6M to spend on both Sanheim and Hart. If you say 8 between the two of them you are left with 1.6M to move around with. I think Jones would have been a solid 1.5M deal not 2M (Holtby got the same :/)

Also, dougie Hamilton to NJ

Great. We are the 3rd or 4th best team (roster wise) in our division

I'm thinking this is Hart's "bridge" deal....probably 2 years at roughly $3 million per. He was not very good last season and the defense in front of him wasn't very good either....Hart's only 22....a short less expensive deal would work for him and the team at this juncture....we're strapped for salary space and he's gonna wanna prove that last season was a fluke...

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast