Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    For 1/$900K that's not bad. You shelter him defensively a bit at this age...but not bad. Good 6th D-man sign.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    For 1/$900K that's not bad. You shelter him defensively a bit at this age...but not bad. Good 6th D-man sign.

He's still productive offensively. Gives you a lefty for the PP. Still drives possession (albeit while being sheltered).

Big fan of this move

If we can somehow manage to move JVR and pick up a solid offensive piece, I will actually love this offseason (not the Risto trade, and maybe the assets given up for Ghost, but the rest of the offseason will be loved)...He honestly, at that point, couldn't have done much more. He has greatly improved our cap future so far (except possibly Risto) and added some good short term and long term pieces. Also need to get Sanheim for around $4.5M AAV and Hart around $3M AAV. If we could do Hart at $2.5M and Sanheim at $4.25M that is ideal, but I would say $3M and $4.5M would be okay...

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post

Yeah I completely agree. At worst you have a guy if Sanheim goes down and help out. I like the signing. I still have a feeling that York makes the team out of camp.

Yandle would probably be a 3rd pairing guy.....Him with Braun doesn't sound terrible....but it doesn't instill alot of confidence in me either....Yandle will be good for players like York and Zemula....they can learn from him....I'd like York to make this team but with the leadership change that this lineup is going through I think York will play a majority of the time in the AHL....which isn't a bad thing.....Yandle comes in plays his year and we're ready to move on to York....

Its a great deal for us....only $900k

Not sure about a 3rd pairing of Braun Yandle, sure Yandle brings some offensive upside but the pair together are slow and will need to be sheltered on when they are on the ice.

Maybe Braun and Yandle rotate in and out of the lineup as 7th?

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Not sure about a 3rd pairing of Braun Yandle, sure Yandle brings some offensive upside but the pair together are slow and will need to be sheltered on when they are on the ice.
    You bring Yandle in with the intent to shelter him with heavy offensive zone starts.

Think you'll see quite a bit of provy and Braun starting in the defensive end and Ellis and Yandle in the offensive.

Seemingly minority here, but not a fan of the signing.

Yandle in a vacuum is a fine move for the player+value of the contract. Please understand though that the Yandle - Braun pair is going to be horrendous at ES even in sheltered minutes.

I get it. The Flyers need depth and don't want to have to rely on a rookie to carry the flag, but York is a better player than Yandle at this point in Yandle's career. This isn't a move that makes us better.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Yandle in a vacuum is a fine move for the player+value of the contract. Please understand though that the Yandle - Braun pair is going to be horrendous at ES even in sheltered minutes.

I get it. The Flyers need depth and don't want to have to rely on a rookie to carry the flag, but York is a better player than Yandle at this point in Yandle's career. This isn't a move that makes us better.
    I'd really like some sort of explanation to how you're confident York is better than Yandle

York has played 11 games outside of the NCAA.....I think he may need at least a part of next season in the AHL. The NHL game is alot faster then college.....He could be in the starting lineup at some point in 21-22....

Yandle fills a need on the short term....I see this move as a placeholder for York for now....Yandle is just another voice in the locker room who's had positions of leadership on other teams....

Quote Originally Posted by SportsNutMike View Post
    York has played 11 games outside of the NCAA.....I think he may need at least a part of next season in the AHL. The NHL game is alot faster then college.....He could be in the starting lineup at some point in 21-22....

Yandle fills a need on the short term....I see this move as a placeholder for York for now....Yandle is just another voice in the locker room who's had positions of leadership on other teams....
    Not only this, he's still productive and has really solid possession metrics.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Not only this, he's still productive and has really solid possession metrics.
    While I agree with all that has been said, there was also a reason why Yandle was having trouble cracking the lineup in Florida. York should really be in the lineup at the start of the season. He looked really good in the games he played last year. Nothing too flashy, but never really looked out of place. I can't really even remember a goal that I was like "man he was out of position/didn't do his job". I can't say the same about Braun that's for sure hahaha

York Yandle would be a good pairing.

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast