Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Getting closer and closer to the dream of landeskog becoming available. I know. I said dream.

G-COUTS-Farabee
    Gabriel-hayes-Tk
    Parise-frost/Patrick/Laughton/ufa-allison

Chuckís comments about exiting changes sound great; but Iíve hit a wall with this club and will need to see anything before I get excited again about what we have.

I really think that there's a leadership problem and that the team's leadership needs some changes. The fact that our vets /generally/ played pretty well, and our kids didn't, tells me that the team leaders aren't finding ways to lead that resonates with the kids. When I was in the army, an unmotivated private had an attitude problem. A squad of unmotivated privates was generally caused by poor leadership. That's what I see here...the junior teammates are not being held accountable by their leadership. I think we need some changes in culture, both on the veteran and on the youth side. I'm not sure that anyone should be untouchable if the trade is fair.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 07-17-2021 at 03:20 PM.

Great deal for the Flyers. Nolan, don't let the door hit your *** on the way out. Myers was a nice piece, but Ellis completely changes the complexion of the Flyers backend.

I'm guessing they aren't done yet on the back end. Think Ellis gets slotted with Sanheim on the 2nd line. Ghost, Morin, Hagg, Braun, Zamula, and York for the 3rd pairing. Need to sign someone to play with Provy now.

well, there's your replacement for niskanen. he's going to get paired with provorov, and they're going to play 25+ minutes per game together for the next half decade.

clearly, the plan this summer is not a tear down or a rebuild. we're back in paul holmgren territory. i wonder if we'll get a redo of that 2012 offseason, since suter and parise are available.

[ellis is] signed through 2027 with a $6.25 million cap hit.
    Last edited by steagles; 07-17-2021 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    well, there's your replacement for niskanen. he's going to get paired with provorov, and they're going to play 25+ minutes per game together for the next half decade.

clearly, the plan this summer is not a tear down or a rebuild. we're back in paul holmgren territory. i wonder if we'll get a redo of that 2012 offseason, since suter and parise are available.
    you don't like this move? Ellis is damn good and only 30. He can easily play at this level for another 4-6 years in the top 4.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    I'm guessing they aren't done yet on the back end. Think Ellis gets slotted with Sanheim on the 2nd line. Ghost, Morin, Hagg, Braun, Zamula, and York for the 3rd pairing. Need to sign someone to play with Provy now.
    no ellis is for sure playing with provorv. Now I think they go and get someone to play with sanheim. Savard, montour, oleksiak, Martinez, larsson, suter, etc are options. I don't know if I like many of those players but hopefully they get someone other than hagg/braun in the top 4:

provorov-ellis
    sanheim-X
    york-braun/hagg
    morin

zamula is going to slide in there eventually so its not that big of a loss to lose myers since we have york/zamula still coming. Love this trade

Do you think the Flyers still pursue Dougie? If we trade Jake and/or JVR (or they're selected during the expansion), we will have a decent amount of cap space. That would easily give us a top 5 (probably top overall) defense...

Provy - Hamilton/Ellis
    Ellis/Hamilton - Sanheim
    York/Ghost/Hagg/Braun/Zamula...

I think Allison's play made Patrick expendable too. We definitely have holes to fill for veteran scoring forwards if JVR or Jake go, even more so if both go.

ADD ON -- Right now we're projecting over 9.25M in cap before the expansion draft...That said we have to get Couts signed to an extension and I would like to see a couple years added to Gs deal at some point at a reasonable price (drop him to the 3rd line and take pressure off him). I would love to see him retire a Flyer.
    Last edited by LLMunchie619; 07-17-2021 at 08:17 PM.

Just a tremendous deal.

Provorov Ellis
    Sanheim [sign Montour]
    York Braun

Hart

Much better

Phil Myers leaving hurts a little, Patrick officially failing in Philly hurts a little.

The flyers biggest weakness was a #1 RD. They got it. In spades.

Chuck kept the #1, and all the prospects. I can't find a reason to not like this deal, other than the 6 years left for Ellis. Id prefer it be 4, but whatever. Good luck to the kids.

Now,
    -jettison JVR and Jakes money.
    -Add another top four RHD ideally
    -middle six center
    -middle six wing
    -backup goalie. Not a 1B. A legit backup. Someone who won't put any extra pressure on hart. Yet is good enough to play 20 games.
    -some grit
    -some speed

Still got some work to do.

you don't like this move? Ellis is damn good and only 30. He can easily play at this level for another 4-6 years in the top 4.
    yeah, i'm good with the move.

i just thought it was worth pointing out that this is not a "build for the future" move, and this is not going to be a "build for the future" offseason; this is going to be a "rock, flag and eagle" offseason.

this trade is for a top defeseman and we gave up trash lol... patrick who is trash and was gonna get a new contract and myers who has upside but is also kind of ****.... for a top D guy?

cool

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast