Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Offseason "Fix the Problems"

Fire the assistant coaches. Get Seattle to take Jake or JVR's contract. What would it take to get Eichel, what do we have to offer that Buffalo would take over what other teams can offer?

nothing lol. nyr can top it in a second. Laf, kakko, Lundqvist, kandre miller, kravstov, etc

get rid of braun, hagg, maybe even nak cus we have a log jam.

i think i've said this before, but since this a new thread, and for posterity:

the flyers are in a pretty terrible position right now. rather than talking about what went wrong, or what's not possible, i'm just gonna cut straight to what is:

the best way to react to this season is to pretend that it didn't happen. call it a fluke, write the whole thing off, and just go back to 10 months ago when we were a 1-seed in the playoffs, and 1 win away from the conference finals.

isn't that pure denialism? yes. wouldn't it be better to acknowledge reality? no, alcoholism is not my kink.

so, what do we need to get back there?

-- a replacement for matt niskanen.

-- a top 6 sniper/goal scorer

-- a #2C (i like kevin hayes, but i don't trust scott laughton at center)

can we do all of that?

-- not a chance.

so what can we do?

-- well, i liked the idea of trading for tomas hertl when that was floated leading into the deadline. maybe that's still an option.

-- we could beg niskanen to come back

-- johnny hockey?

but wouldn't doing any of that cost us assets that we can't afford to spare?

-- gotta spend money to make money.

this is going off the rails.

-- yeah, i thought it'd be better than this, too.

so let's wrap this up, then.

-- **** texas.

**** texas.

I think steagles is pretty much spot on. What's Seattle going to do? It feels wrong to say that, given I'm a Seattle area kid who still cheers for the Hawks. I'm not trading in 20+ years of Flyers fandom for a team in a city I left 20+ years ago, though no matter how much the Flyers break my heart.

Between them and the salary cap, our options are limited. So what in the realm of possibility can we do that also /should/ do?
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

We pray Hart isnít broken, we hope provorov doesnít need someone else to play with, we trade Patrick along with Jake or JVR to shed salary

Going with the way thing have been for the last 10 years, the Flyers will make the playoffs next year. Hopefully everyone forgets about this year and gets back to playing the way they are capable of. I'd bring Elliot back for another year if he wants. Let's have faith or even hope Hart can turn it around.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    We pray Hart isnít broken, we hope provorov doesnít need someone else to play with, we trade Patrick along with Jake or JVR to shed salary
    Patrick is a free agent. You would have to sign him to trade him. Trade Jake and JVR, eat their salaries and trade them for good prospects and picks. They need a reliable 2nd goalie that could be a starter if Hart fails again. They need tougher defensemen and not their super soft D men that they seem enamored with.

Quote Originally Posted by jc27 View Post
    Patrick is a free agent. You would have to sign him to trade him. Trade Jake and JVR, eat their salaries and trade them for good prospects and picks. They need a reliable 2nd goalie that could be a starter if Hart fails again. They need tougher defensemen and not their super soft D men that they seem enamored with.
    Stop saying stupid stuff. Patrick is an RFA under team control, he isnít a feee agent.

Stop saying stupid stuff. Patrick is an RFA under team control, he isnít a feee agent.
    speaking as someone who is always willing to call other people out, that one is unnecessary. noone has been paying close enough attention to this team to know all of this stuff off the top of their head.

given how few people there are who still regularly post here, you might at least consider trying to be a bit more civil. you don't have to, but it's worth considering.

fun fact:
    of all the people who have posted in this thread, none of us created our accounts within the last decade.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Patrick still needs to be signed in order to be traded. You may also want to learn how to spell free, genius.

no reason for the sharks to trade their top 6 center for our scraps...they don't have many center replacement options at all...meier would be a nice add but why would they also move him?

johnny hockey...might as well just sign him when his contract is up, no?

if anyone wants good flyers talk just come to the flyers forum on

h f boards

what I want:

sign reimer or bernier
    have seattle take one of hagg or braun (realistic goal)...would love for them to take jvr but well see
    trade for a top pair d
    sign oleskiak
    make a trade for a top 6 winger or center....id offer anyone but couts, g, farabee, frost and that's it.

g-couts-farabee
    jvr-hayes-tk
    laugton-frost-voracek
    lindblom-patrick-allison

provorov-XXX
    sanheim-oleksiak
    york-myers
    hagg or braun

hart
    reimer or bernier

I love to but if he has to be traded for a top d, do it. If he has to be involved for eichel, do it. Same with myers
    Last edited by 3iverson3; 05-13-2021 at 01:13 PM.

Patrick still needs to be signed in order to be traded. You may also want to learn how to spell free, genius.
    No he doesn't. You can trade his rights. No contract needed for an RFA.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    No he doesn't. You can trade his rights. No contract needed for an RFA.
    When you trade rights you get even less value.

When you trade rights you get even less value.
    Not sure what would be less than zero, but you're not necessarily wrong.

However I could see a team trading for his rights and thinking their ability to negotiate the contract they want to negotiate being of some sort of value.

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast