Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Not sure what would be less than zero, but you're not necessarily wrong.

However I could see a team trading for his rights and thinking their ability to negotiate the contract they want to negotiate being of some sort of value.
    ya maybe like a **** player lol. Any way you spin it, Patrick is never getting us a good return. He was horrible this year and its best to keep him as of now. What are we expecting to get for him, a 1st? No way we get a 1st. Maybe we can do a swap of Patrick for another underperforming prospect like mittlestadt, tippet, glass, etc.

With Frost coming back next year might as well keep Patrick and play him at 4C with NAK and Laughton or even move him to wing and let Laughton play center. What Dmen are out there to trade for or sign to play with Provy? Hamilton maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    With Frost coming back next year might as well keep Patrick and play him at 4C with NAK and Laughton or even move him to wing and let Laughton play center. What Dmen are out there to trade for or sign to play with Provy? Hamilton maybe?
    i feel like Fletcher will sign savard and a reliable backup and call it a day. Major changes need to be made

Year in and year out fans call for the head of the coaches. I'm not saying they're not to blame for part of this teams and their terrible showing on the ice, but look at this roster....different coaches alot of the same players.

At some point this team has to bring back some kind of physicality back to the Flyers' game. Too easily knocked off the puck not hitting quicker teams to slow them down....

I've always thought this caught going too far to either size or speed. When Holmgren took over as GM we were a bigger team, but slow....then he tried going faster but went to far that way....smaller player but quicker but lost their physical presence...

Then Hextall came in and wanted to build from the ground up....improve the pipeline....and I thought his theory was sound....get the cap under control use your draft capital to improve your talent pool....and don't waste money on over the hill, past their prime FAs....upper management didn't give him the time for the prospects to develop and they wanted results now - we can see how that's working out.

The Flyers need scoring. No doubt about that. They have no shooters. They pass way to much. In my mind lines should comprise of a quick winger (I think of a Renberg-type who has good speed & good shot), solid center man, and a power forward type winger who works the corners and plants himself in front of the net (anywhere from a Knuble to LeClair type forward). Line 3-4 would be your mix of offensive/defensive minded players who mainly play against the other teams top offensive line. Believe me I know NHL teams don't construct their rosters like this anymore its all about offense and goals....but somewhere for the Flyers they have to find a balance.

The defense needs help. Aside from Niskanen - the Flyers have had their young defensemen play together - I'd like to see a solid vet (and not an old plug like Braun) paired with each of the younger guys for a season or 2....plus I don't think the coaching of the defense is helping the younger players.

It is probably time that this faceless upper management realizes that the product they're putting on the ice night in and night out is not very good. If I was GM everyone would be on the table for trades (except Hart, Provorov, Sanheim, Myers, Konecny, Farabee, & Frost). I'm on the fence about giving Patrick one more season on this team - if he has any value that could net us a better proven player that's ok too. He's been a disappointment since being drafted - injuries or not. Couturier and Giroux I'd have to be blown away on a deal for....

Sign Oleksiak and call Buffalo about Ristolainen. Improve the Toughness on the Blueline. Trade Voracek, eat his salary and pick up promising prospects for him.

I want Jones or Hamilton to play besides Provy next year. I have a feeling Seattle is going to take Hagg. They can buy someone out this year if they want, JVR or Vorecek. Sign Elliot to another 1 year contract and hope like hell Hart can find his game again. Sanheim needs a new partner maybe Morin and put Myers with Ghost on the 3rd pairing with Braun as the 7th. Need to find a Greaves, Clutterbuck, Wilson type of player.

Hextall was a failure as GM. He should have moved his vets for picks and prospects. The Flyers are happy to languish in mediocrity as long as fans show up and pay for those overpriced seats. They seem to be enamored with lightweight d men that can skate well but suck at clearing the porch, corner battles and often get caught watching the play when they don't have the puck. Morin is one of the few players that picks up the open man. They also have forwards that leave the d zone too soon and give up on the play when the puck leaves the offensive zone. Voracek and Konecny are guilty of this. They both need to be moved for picks and prospects. The Flyers will have to eat a good portion of salary to get value in return. Giroux needs to be moved at the trade deadline to obtain maximum value. Couts should also be shopped. He has high value and a contract coming up soon. It is time to suck it up and do a complete rebuild.

Hextall's only failure was not getting rid of Hak. He was getting the Flyers out of cap hell and drafting prospects that were for the most part going to end up in the NHL at some point. Wish they would have kept him around for another 2 years to see his plan through. TK was stuck playing with Hayes who thinks he can do it all himself. G isn't going anywhere unless he wants too. Only way I move Couts is if McDavid is coming back. Jake will probably need bought out or traded for nothing plus eat salary. Wish there was a way to get Seattle to take Jake in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Hextall's only failure was not getting rid of Hak. He was getting the Flyers out of cap hell and drafting prospects that were for the most part going to end up in the NHL at some point. Wish they would have kept him around for another 2 years to see his plan through. TK was stuck playing with Hayes who thinks he can do it all himself. G isn't going anywhere unless he wants too. Only way I move Couts is if McDavid is coming back. Jake will probably need bought out or traded for nothing plus eat salary. Wish there was a way to get Seattle to take Jake in the draft.
    Well enjoy mediocrity.

Do you trade Laughton, Patrick, Myers, and a 1st for Seth Jones? My opinion is no, that's too much. I would rather pursue Dougie Fresh. lol

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    Do you trade Laughton, Patrick, Myers, and a 1st for Seth Jones? My opinion is no, that's too much. I would rather pursue Dougie Fresh. lol
    At first glance I like Myers upside too much for this deal.

If I dig deeper on Seth, I may change my mind depending what I find.
    "2008 WORLD ****ING CHAMPIONS"

Someone floated the idea of TK and Sanheim for Hamilton. Don't hate losing TK but I'm not sure I want to give up Sanheim in the deal.

Then Hextall came in and wanted to build from the ground up....improve the pipeline....and I thought his theory was sound....get the cap under control use your draft capital to improve your talent pool....and don't waste money on over the hill, past their prime FAs....upper management didn't give him the time for the prospects to develop and they wanted results now - we can see how that's working out.
    this season turned out the way it did because most of hextall's prospects played like ****. it wasn't the veterans that sank us; it wasn't the "over the hill FAs"; it was hextall's guys.

patrick. 52 games, 9 points, -30
    lindblom. 50 games, 14 points
    sanheim. 55 games, 15 points, -22
    myers. 44 games, 11 points, -10
    hart. .877 save%, 3.67 GAA
    Hextall's only failure was not getting rid of Hak. He was getting the Flyers out of cap hell and drafting prospects that were for the most part going to end up in the NHL at some point. Wish they would have kept him around for another 2 years to see his plan through.
    -- he didn't sign any free agent of note (until JVR).
    -- he didn't trade for anyone of note (sorry not sorry, jordan weal).
    -- he didn't trade ghost or streit or simmonds or voracek when they were at (or near) peak value, despite having no intention of competing for a cup at any point in his tenure (as evidenced by doing jack ****ing squat to improve the team around them).
    -- he let giroux and voracek age out of their prime.

hextall had the flyers out of cap hell by january 2016. lecavalier was gone, pronger was gone, schenn (luke) was gone, timonen was gone. umberger was about to get bought out. i give him credit for getting that done (even though umberger was a self-inflicted wound).
    Well enjoy mediocrity
    then he signed dale weise; traded for valteri filppula and jiri lehtera; and extended michael neuvirth.

by the end, his head was so far up his own *** that he had to be fired.
    Last edited by steagles; 06-17-2021 at 11:28 PM.

At first glance I like Myers upside too much for this deal.
    Someone floated the idea of TK and Sanheim for Hamilton. Don't hate losing TK but I'm not sure I want to give up Sanheim in the deal.
    i keep coming back to the idea that the best way to deal with what happened this season is to pretend that it didn't happen.

be greedy this summer, hold on to as much upside as you can, and hope that enough people come back next year with their **** figured out that the team won't fall apart when a few guys go into slumps.

oh, and as long as we're all calling out offseason targets, i'd go after nick bjugstad. maybe he can bounce back after a few injury/covid/trade shortened seasons to give you 40-ish points and strong possession numbers.

stick him at 3C, move frost and patrick to the wings permanently, and go from there.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast