Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
    haha, Steagles would not be the on to believe in them! 😂
    be fair: i always gave hextall the benefit of the doubt when it came to the draft (and, to a much lesser extent, player development).

Whenever eichel gets traded, I think the value the sabres DONT get for him will surprise some people. Well, today's versions of you.

The way I see this going (about as ugly as possible) I anticipate a severe tanking of sabres leverage.

Factor the differences between Eichel and buffalo, the pending neck surgery that may cost eichel a year, plus whatever parts of his game he doesn't get back, AND his contract? I don't see him fetching anywhere close to what he would have 6 months ago.
    as soon as buffalo denied eichel the right to seek medical treatment for his injury, eichel should have lawyered up and taken them to federal court.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    be fair: i always gave hextall the benefit of the doubt when it came to the draft (and, to a much lesser extent, player development).

as soon as buffalo denied eichel the right to seek medical treatment for his injury, eichel should have lawyered up and taken them to federal court.
    I haven't dug into it much, and know very little. I've come to the conclusion that situation was extremely mismanaged.

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    haha, Steagles would not be the on to believe in them! 😂

I like our team this year honestly. Is it perfect? Nah, but it's definitely improved from a defensive standpoint. That will assuredly improve our abilities on offense...maybe....lol
    ya I am intrigued to see how we do. Pens will be terrible without crosby and malkin so we have a huge advantage to start to get ahead of them.

Im really excited to see lindlbom. I think he is going to revert back to that time before his diagnosis where he was on fire. Also excited to see what frost, atkinson, and risto can do.

Iím usually pretty hyped right now Ö Iím like a 4/10 on the hype-meter and Iím praying for a compliance buy-out to be given out by the league. I think we are in real trouble

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Iím usually pretty hyped right now Ö Iím like a 4/10 on the hype-meter and Iím praying for a compliance buy-out to be given out by the league. I think we are in real trouble
    Who needs a compliance buy out other than Kevin Hayes?

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Who needs a compliance buy out other than Kevin Hayes?
    Kevin Hayes.

if you're using a compliance buyout on a healthy 28 year old 2nd line center, you're doing it wrong.

if there is another compliance buyout, it would be a colossal mistake not to save it for atkinson or ellis.

over the last decade, this franchise has yo-yo'd every year, going from high expectations with underachievement to low expectations with overachievement and back again.

this year basically just comes down to carter hart, right? if he plays well, this team can win a playoff series or 3; if he plays like ****, we'll be in the bottom third of the league and have a new coach by the all star break.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    over the last decade, this franchise has yo-yo'd every year, going from high expectations with underachievement to low expectations with overachievement and back again.

this year basically just comes down to carter hart, right? if he plays well, this team can win a playoff series or 3; if he plays like ****, we'll be in the bottom third of the league and have a new coach by the all star break.
    This is why I'm excited. I feel as though this is going to be Carter's year. Regardless, we don't need to give up on a 23 or 24 year old top goaltending prospect...that is unless you want another Bobrovsky situation on your hands lol

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Kevin Hayes.
    ...lol he would be around number 3 or 4 on my list at the highest behind maybe Ellis or Atkinson. That would only be in the case that they don't pan out of course. Kevin is actually a productive player and a serviceable #2 or #3 C on this team.

im stoked for this year. I guarantee hart wont play like that again. Pens will be **** for the first 10+ games without their top 2 centers.

Ellis is a stud and should allow provorov to play more fluidly---that of a rover. He is most effective when he joins the rush and that's where he gets a lot of his shots off.

Yandle should help the pp but thierrien is already using giroux and couts on their offsides (smfg he is the worst coach ever)

Lindblom--im so excited to see him play. From what I am reading, I think he can get back to his prediagnosis form which would be huge for our depth.

Super excited for Frost, I hope he runs away with the center spot. Ellis is going to make things steady. Im pumped. Risto is going ot be a pain in the *** at times but we are used to this w/ hagg/amac/etc.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324