Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243
Results 631 to 640 of 640
  1. #631
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    25,298
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    There's no reason to trade RJ for either of these players. They are on expiring deals.

    The goal should be to pair Lavine/Beal with RJ and Randle. Otherwise, you're just taking a step back. It's been explained a million times, but every time 20-year-old RJ has a bad game, you guys come out of the woodworks and bring this up.

    RJ is slumping in his shooting in the restricted area. It's likely because this is the first time he's played a 70+ game season ever, and he nearly leads the league in minutes. He was much better early on in the season. He'll get better too, just like his shooting did.

    IQ, at this point, doesn't really have the same impact that RJ does. RJ is a MUCH better defender. And RJ has star potential, whereas IQ is sort of limited if he can't find a way to start getting to the rack and finishing.

    Simply put, you guys need to exercise patience. Yeah, if Kawhi wants to come here and we can add another star to have a big 3 on par with Brooklyn, then I'd consider trading RJ. Other than that, we have to keep him, at least until he needs to get paid in two years. It's simple as that.
    Opportunities don't always come by though and what if he stops improving. I think the ideal time would be next offseason when Lavine and Beal hit FA.

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

  2. #632
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,912
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Opportunities don't always come by though and what if he stops improving. I think the ideal time would be next offseason when Lavine and Beal hit FA.

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    Yes, the 20 year old who improved in just about every way possible in one off-season will suddenly stop improving.

  3. #633
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    25,298
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Yes, the 20 year old who improved in just about every way possible in one off-season will suddenly stop improving.
    Every way possible lol he can shoot open 3s now omg what else did I miss his FT was improving last season his 3pt defense is still non existent so what am I missing here?

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

  4. #634
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    15,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Yes, the 20 year old who improved in just about every way possible in one off-season will suddenly stop improving.
    We see guys in mid-20s still improving lol. But a 20 year old in his second season is a finished product..

  5. #635
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    25,298
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    We see guys in mid-20s still improving lol. But a 20 year old in his second season is a finished product..
    Can you say that about Mitch Knox Frank? Just cause a person is 20 years old doesn't mean he will always improve and again I said what if he doesn't but of course you guys twist it into saying I said he won't lmao.

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

  6. #636
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,912
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Every way possible lol he can shoot open 3s now omg what else did I miss his FT was improving last season his 3pt defense is still non existent so what am I missing here?

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    His traditional and advanced stats are up across the board. You'd be pressed to find one area where he didn't improve.

    Here's an article from like a day ago. Google is your friend. https://theknickswall.com/how-rj-bar...cks-sophomore/

  7. #637
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    25,298
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    His traditional and advanced stats are up across the board. You'd be pressed to find one area where he didn't improve.

    Here's an article from like a day ago. Google is your friend. https://theknickswall.com/how-rj-bar...cks-sophomore/
    Oh boy stats again lol last year he didn't have MVP Randle and Rose this year he does and he's been enjoying free open looks thanks to them that's all I need to see.

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

  8. #638
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    15,076
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Can you say that about Mitch Knox Frank? Just cause a person is 20 years old doesn't mean he will always improve and again I said what if he doesn't but of course you guys twist it into saying I said he won't lmao.

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    Considering RJ was better as a rookie than those guys are now. And RJ took a large step forward in year 2, that’s a pretty bold statement. Look at Randles improvement 7 years into his career. Or the guy you want to trade him for. What did Lavine look like in year 2, as opposed to now?

    Plus the fact the guys you’re talking about were bums from day one. RJ is already a good pro

  9. #639
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,912
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Can you say that about Mitch Knox Frank? Just cause a person is 20 years old doesn't mean he will always improve and again I said what if he doesn't but of course you guys twist it into saying I said he won't lmao.

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    Mitch improved significantly this year.

    Knox and Frank never really improved at all like RJ did this season.

    Also, different players have different improvement curves. I'm not sure what point you're making. You don't like RJ or Mitch, and you continue to say things that are just blatantly false about both of them.

  10. #640
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6,528
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I would 100% trade him for those guys. They are still young enough, we will have a lot more good years out of them. That would allow us to keep other assets

    The only problem, you have to maneuver things to have that 3rd option guy in place before you make the move, otherwise it’s going to be difficult to get, as the cap room is gone. If you don’t, you’re not getting much more reinforcements in. Without that, it’s not making a lot of sense
    Facts. Would need a point guard in place for sure.

    The Knicks are BACK...part 2

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •