Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

GT#69 Santísimo Knicks (38-30) @ Los Angeles Lakers (38-30): Kingslayers

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    No way? Ad gets that ball. If you look at it in full speed AD was way to close to just “touch pass it there”. It’s clear what your agenda is every time something bad happens it’s rjs fault
    Bro no. There is NO WAY AD intercepts that pass. Randle is literally TELLING RJ where to throw the pass (to his left hand). There’s no agenda here, I’m just calling it like I see it. RJ was having a bad game and was the worst wing/guard on the floor to have the ball in that situation (except for maybe Bullock). He doesn’t do anything well on offense except for C&S 3s (which he’s become very good at) at this stage of his development. That’s just facts. That’s already a major improvement from last season.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I wasn’t an RJ guy from the jump, but to say he hasn’t shown encouraging improvement is crazy talk. He definitely has
    Same. I wasn't big on Barrett at all but his improved a ton seems like a guy that is really going to max out his abilities

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Bro no. There is NO WAY AD intercepts that pass. Randle is literally TELLING RJ where to throw the pass (to his left hand). There’s no agenda here, I’m just calling it like I see it. RJ was having a bad game and was the worst wing/guard on the floor to have the ball in that situation (except for maybe Bullock). He doesn’t do anything well on offense except for C&S 3s (which he’s become very good at) at this stage of his development. That’s just facts. That’s already a major improvement from last season.
    AD was right there go watch it in full speed. And you want him to force that pass? If AD picks it off your ripping rj for making that pass lol the one pass he probably coulda made was to taj but again with 3 seconds left you have to float it over Drummond giving taj maybe 1.5 to not panic and get a clean look. Again rj made a bad decision but at the end of the day Rose put him in a terrible spot and like I said we shoulda been home 10 min it as prior to that
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Also this picture is from before RJ even has control of the ball. When RJ grabs it and kind of hunches down, AD immediately starts to crowd Randle.

Maybe RJ could have made a touch pass to Randle, but again Randle has seconds to put the ball on the floor and try to get away from AD. Not likely.
    The hunch down is what I’m talking about. It’s a really bad habit of his because he goes backwards and tries to create on his own. That shouldn’t have even been in his mind. He needs to be content with being Robin. He was Batman on Duke and occasionally he ignores Randle like this when he shouldn’t. Just like Zion.

When you watch this game...the question on everyone's mind is: Who is the Closer?

That's a loaded question because the best player is not necessarily the closer.

Julius Randle is the Knicks' best player but I dunno if I want him taking the last shot. RJ Barrett is arguably the Knicks' second best player but I'm definitely not giving him the last shot. Derrick Rose? Hmm, um no. Immanuel Quickley? Might have the best release but Reggie Bullock might actually be the closer I design a play around.

Last night was extremely disappointing.

GT#69 Santísimo Knicks (38-30) @ Los Angeles Lakers (38-30): Kingslayers

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    AD was right there go watch it in full speed. And you want him to force that pass? If AD picks it off your ripping rj for making that pass lol the one pass he probably coulda made was to taj but again with 3 seconds left you have to float it over Drummond giving taj maybe 1.5 to not panic and get a clean look. Again rj made a bad decision but at the end of the day Rose put him in a terrible spot and like I said we shoulda been home 10 min it as prior to that

How is AD intercepting this pass? RJ’s hands are literally in a passing position and is behind Randle.

Randle would have had 4-5 seconds to make something happen. I’ll take my chances with that. We only needed a 2 to tie it up. He could have created a mid-range pull-up within that amount of time.

The hunch down is what I’m talking about. It’s a really bad habit of his because he goes backwards and tries to create on his own. That shouldn’t have even been in his mind. He needs to be content with being Robin. He was Batman on Duke and occasionally he ignores Randle like this when he shouldn’t. Just like Zion.
    Randle hasn’t really shown to be Batman in big situations like that. I’d love to know his %s in a tie or game where we are down. I’m not saying rj has either. I’d say Rose is probably the guy I want with the ball
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

How is AD intercepting this pass? RJ’s hands are literally in a passing position and is behind Randle.
    Again you have it paused AD starts to run you want him to force the ball with 5 seconds left with AD right there and expect to get a good shot? Even if the pass gets to him he’s gonna have to take an awful shot which he’s gonna miss. You keep blaming one play/player for the loss it’s a joke and almost like you missed the game and just caught up on Twitter.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Randle would have had 4-5 seconds to make something happen. I’ll take my chances with that. We only needed a 2 to tie it up. He could have created a mid-range pull-up within that amount of time.
    Just agree to disagree no point in keeping the back and forth going. Move on to Thursday and hope we win
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

It was him assessing the court to see what was available when a pass to Randle wasn’t viable.

You’re reading way too much into it in suggesting that RJ wanted to go hero ball. If anything, I read RJ’s body language as wanting nothing to do with the ball at that point after the game he was having.

Randle has to have the ball there period. I’ll live with Randle taking a long forced pull-up 3 than RJ all day. That’s why Randle was standing there and watching. RJ should have given the ball to Randle immediately and cleared out, but he got tunnel vision and probably didn’t even see that he was right next to him. Randle was pissed at him.
    So 40 foot shot over AD? Are we going to act like RJ hasn’t come up in the clutch just as much, or maybe even more, than Randle this season?

The pass to Randle would’ve been hard enough as well. AD was standing there and Randle didn’t do anything to get open. It likely results in a turnover. The easier pass would’ve been back to Rose, not Randle.

Randle took full responsibility after the game and I’m sure once they watch the film he’ll realize that he had no business being pissed if he was. Unless you think AD was just going to let the pass go through, then he needed to do something to get open to actually get the ball.

Rewatch this and then tell us that he wouldn’t have intercepted the pass...

https://twitter.com/nekiasnba/status...785153028?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Rewatch this and then tell us that he wouldn’t have intercepted the pass...

https://twitter.com/nekiasnba/status...785153028?s=21
    You see it in full speed, theres no way RJ can get Randle the ball. He’s drifting back to receive the pass, AD is right on Randle

Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    We gave it our all. D-Rose was great all night...should've boxed out Matthews and played better D on THT for the winning 3pt shot. Randle's turnover was costly, it's not his fault we need a pg who can set up better late game execution. Rose should've tried to drive to basket to dish or draw a foul in the last seconds. RJ is still only 20 years old, as tough as it is to put that in perspective that is the truth. 0-7 from 3 happens to all players but surprising givin how well he shot the ball in the month of April. I'm more upset about his inability to finish at the rim. Payton does such a horrible job for us, but it's too late in the game to switch things up now.

Atlanta has an easy remaining schedule but Miami plays Boston, Milwaukee, then Detroit. If they lose just one of those games and we win out we'll be back in 4th. We should just be focusing on beating, Spurs, Hornets, Celtics to close out the season and let the chips fall where they may.
    I don't think Miami loss puts us in 4th? Atlanta would still be in 4th, because they win the division. We would then get to 5th and Miami would fall into 6th.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by callmeDro View Post
    I don't think Miami loss puts us in 4th? Atlanta would still be in 4th, because they win the division. We would then get to 5th and Miami would fall into 6th.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    We have the head-to-head tiebreaker with Atlanta.

But we lose a three-way tiebreaker because for some reason the division winner is the first way that kind of tie is broken. So Atlanta wins out for winning their ****** division. Then Miami has the head-to-head against us and takes 5th.

Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast